Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
This was definitely the best game I played in 2016. I loved it a lot (enough to even buy the soundtrack!) and I was really sad to hear it sold awfully even by WiiU standards. Then again, so did a lot of really excellent games on the WiiU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Carlioo posted:

It'd better be within estimates considering how badly promoted it got. I don't think NIntendo even put up anything about TMS on their YT.

There were a couple features on their YouTube channel and they did multiple Treehouse segments on it. My impression is that that audience for it just wasn't that big to begin with and got smaller after The Great J-Pop Revelation.

As for outfits, this game has some great ones, but Kiria's default Carnage Form sure isn't one of them.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Tae posted:

Maybe they put the eyepatch last minute because she would look and be too much like severa

Apparently the eyepatch is considered a key part of the original design. Her entry in the special edition's artbook says it's there to cast her as "kind of a divine oracle"

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Edvarius posted:

That's why that stupid thing is there? I think they missed the mark by more than a little, as that one never even occurred to me. I mean, if they'd gone and covered both eyes maybe that'd work for conveying the blind oracle trope, but whoever heard of an oracle that was only blind in one eye?

Most oracles don't have to fight and aim magic, so I suppose it could be a concession to practicality - possibly the only one in the entire game. I like ultrafilter's interpretation though. It just sounds really SMT.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Tiki is a good girl. Tries hard, great blacksmith, a credit to the team.

• Locked thread