Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

See what I was expecting was a real SMT/FE absolute downerfest of a game
And i would have loved that
(Featuring dante from the devil may cry series)

The TMS got announced and i dunno i think my eyes glazed over with rage for a while and I denied its existence.

But I guess the gameplay is good though very slow to pick up if i heard right, even if I think the character designs are hot overdesigned trash and the story is a trite PoS.
/rant

Hassou tobi erry day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Because it was a collaborative effort between Atlus and Intsys
And goddamnit thats worth at least something in the face of all this anime

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Artix posted:

Ah yes, the companies whose recent outputs alone include Persona 3, the entire Persona 4 subfranchise, Devil Survivor 2, and Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates (let alone their entire back catalogs) would never produce an anime game. There is absolutely nothing anime about any of those games in the slightest.

Yeah but all of those are good games.
Which is sort of my point.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Being a (central character) lord and being bog-standard boring go hand in hand.

The first lord with any real personality quirks is Lucina, iirc. And shes almost an exception since she isnt there from the start.

Well would Hector count?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh god yeah Ephraim.
When I think Sacred stones tho I think mostly of Eirika.

And mostly since im counting lords that have been there since chapter 1.
Eliwood gets close because of Durandal though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Commander Keene posted:

Most of the female characters in this game are. We've already seen Tsubasa and Kiria, and they're more stacked than high school girls have a right to be. It's funny, because neither Atlus nor IntSys has much of a history of exaggerated character designs like this.

Yeah, they definitely changed one of her other outfits, but I don't think this one was a victim of that trend. And I rarely have her in that outfit when she's in my party. I usually use either her casual clothes (which we saw her revert to before she ninja-vanished), or one of her performance outfits.

It depends on the artist they hire, really.
Mainline SMT has gone with Kazuma Kaneko most of the time and his human designs are all about that sleek and slender form and LINES LINES LINES GOTTA HAVE LIIINES. You also have Shigenori Soejima on the Persona (3 onwards) side, no introductions necessary, though to my eye hes Kaneko with a softer touch and more color, at least for the persona games, not surprising since Kaneko was his mentor.

From what I can glean Toi8 (its a pseudonym for an artist) is the main character designer, and looking at their various sketches off of GIS, well its their preferred mode of design lets just put it that way.
Theyre also the main character artist for I Am Setsuna. So yeah.
I dont like their style personally.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 13, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Waiiit
If tiki is nanako

Then Bantu-
BANTU NO PUT THE BOOZE DOWN

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Arist posted:

Gratuitous English in anime games is always a plus.

Needs more

OHHH MY GAAAD
SHEEEEEAAAT

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Explosions posted:

Wait, if Barry never joins the party and gets to wear a sweet idol costume, what are we even doing here?

I hope his ridiculous outfit is like something from GWAR.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Martian Buddy posted:

I'm personally hoping for something more akin to Lady Beard but to each their own.

Well yeah I was thinking hed squeeze into something like that but I went for GWAR just for the contrast, really.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Idol culture (of all kinds mind) is just fuckin weird.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Arist posted:

Nocturne uses a system called "Press Turn" where you get a turn for every party member you have, consumed upon use, and you can also add a "half" turn by exploiting a weakness. The thing to understand though is that bosses get multiple turns (Matador gets two, for instance, letting him Dekunda away your debuffs and then go again).

The rub is that it goes both ways:
Enemies can get half-turns off your weaknesses as well.

Which can work out pretty badly in a game like DDS1/2, where you dont have the usual SMT luxury of picking and choosing and have set weaknesses for each character.

^^gently caress mot.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 9, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Doga will choke this point

and all possibility of an interesting mirage.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Melomane Mallet posted:

...And here everyone and their mother was expecting Mamori to be our healer. :allears:

In the Original DnD clerics wore heavy armor and used maces.
in FF1 Whiet mages could, in direct reference to TTRPGs of the day, can wield hammers.
There is no reason a healer should be delicate :getin:

VVV She's a FE axe unit. FE axe units kick rear end. They kick so much rear end.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 29, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Voted Great Lord because those sweet sweet session skills

But go conqueror later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pshaaaah
He didnt even burst out of his clothes in an imagined scene where he hurtles naked past the solar system and rockets into the sun which is also a donut from the sheer food ecstasy.

2/10

• Locked thread