Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

hopeandjoy posted:

"Uta-loid" is amusing to me as a Vocaloid fan; there's a fanmade shareware program very similar to Vocaloid that's called UTAU. Nowadays the western fandom largely refers to the voicebanks/characters as "UTAUs" like the program, but from 2008-2010ish some would call them "Utauloids".

...that was way too many words to say "I'm a weeaboo with weird hobbies".

Glad I'm not the only one who made that connection; it was actually a bit jarring to see in the game (although the similarity is probably unintentional. UTAU is a niche within a niche, and for good reason).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Oh hey, I think I recognize part of Tsubasa's outfit from an infamous Twitter screenshot. :v: ~*~vagina bones~*~

So far this seems like it's mostly the benign kind of anime-as-hell, which I'm fine with... Even if they chose the objective Worst Lord to saddle our protagonist with. I kind of wish I had the cash for a WiiU so I could get this, now.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

I mean, he has a crush on Tsubasa so it's not like Ike would've worked. :v:

On a serious note, I am surprised they didn't choose Marth, which means they are probably saving him for something.

:laffo:

But yeah, I was expecting Marth when I heard that the leading lady had Ceada as her notPersona. Wonder if Marth's being saved or not... He's kind of the series' face, but that doesn't mean anything either way.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

RandallODim posted:

Pretty sure they mean Ike/Soren.

Almost certainly, since Ike is the only Lord who has only male paired endings (Soren and Ranulf), and Soren has at least one base conversation in RD locked behind him and Ike getting to A-rank in PoR—and I do recall that they were pretty blatantly gay in both games even with the translation trying to make Ike seem straighter. I don't know anything about more recent material, though; maybe something in his Heroes dialogue?

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Ugh, seriously, Draug? The guy whose only interesting point is that his name is what he does spelled backwards? The guy who isn't even good, from what I recall?

What a disappointing mirage for a dude who deserved better. :arghfist:

• Locked thread