Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
This is my favourite game from 2016, everyone should play it on it's poor dead console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I don't understand why you bought a game about idol bullshit if it was so offputting honestly. Like what part of the footage didn't scream "this game will be aggressively anime" to you? The game owns, but if the mere thought of anime is enough to put down a game, it is probably not for you.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
So...anime is good?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I wish we could get a switch port of this game but unless they do WiiU virtual console I don't think that'll ever happen. I'm so sad about this dead game on this dead console.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
This is an Archanea only safe space thank you. No GBA FE units allowed.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Tae posted:

Yeah, and there's a pretty big reason why it's only 1/3 and Awakening. Although I think technically Gaiden can also be part of this universe, if I'm understanding how that game works?

Gaiden takes place on Awakening's Valm continent (known as Valentia now that we have its localized name) so yeah it is absolutely part of the Marth universe. You even have the Whitewings show up in Gaiden along with a dude who is totally not this other guy from FE1 we swear as playable character.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
It would have been cool if they'd subbed battle chatter. Most of it isn't super interesting but there's some boss banter, and your mirages helpfully yell at you when you gently caress up or encourage you when you're doing well.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

ImperialGuard posted:

I guess him being a lovely teacher breaks versimilitude for me or something, I guess.

Like I said though, maybe he turns things around, I've just yet to get there.

Barry is an excellent teacher who tries very hard to help his children understand the passion and excellence required to survive in the harsh world of japanese anime idols

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I actually like Reincarnation a lot! I think her other big headliner songs are better but Kiria's stuff is on the whole some of my favourite from the entire soundtrack. Plus it's a pretty great way to open the game proper because it's hype as gently caress.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
A two-footed, full-blooded football slide tackle seems like the right way to go.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Martian Buddy posted:

So from how you describe Savage Enemies, they sound like smaller, commonly recurring versions of the Reaper from Persona 3/4. Which also seems excessively lovely to have appear in the very first proper dungeon.

It's an Atlas game, all right.

They're more like FOEs from Etrian Odyssey really. So yeah, sure is an Atlus game.

Also I found that estoma is kinda handy if you specifically want to spawn Savage Enemies in the lategame for whatever reason.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
those are all terrible reasons

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Glazius posted:

I... guess Ayaha got a clean bill of health? Or was medical science completely unprepared to diagnose "trapped for years in another dimension that didn't know what food was"?

It's just dieting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
The actual reason she's so popular is prooobably sex appeal but Tharja's non-Robin supports are actually pretty great and varied and she comes off as a nice, almost well-adjusted person in a lot of them.

• Locked thread