Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Thanks for reminding me that I should probably finish this game at some point! :v:

But seriously, I agree with everyone else, this is easily one of my favorite games of 2016. Hopefully it gets a Switch release so (maybe) more people can experience it. Honestly, this is probably the most fun I've had in any Atlus game, but then again, the battle system is a lot more simple than most Atlus games IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Tsubasa's outfit is peak :japan:. Itsuki is stylish tho

Tsubasa's outfit doesn't even reach halfway on peak anime :colbert:

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Another reason for why sessions are broken is that you have such a ridiculous amount of EP, which means you can always use a skill, which also means you can always do sessions! In the other Atlus games that I've played (SMTIV and Persona Q), you have to be a lot more conservative with your MP to make sure you don't run out before meeting a tough monster, while here you can just use skills whenever you want without worrying about the consequences. Which honestly makes the game feel a lot more fun, even if there's less strategy involved.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

No, you really, really don't. Sub-Persona HP and SP is fully refilled at the end of every fight. That's part of why there is no resource management, because you'll never use that up and then some in any random battle (and most FOEs for that matter). At least here the initial Session skill has a cost that isn't auto-refunded by the sounds of things, so you can still theoretically run out even if its just absurdly unlikely.

Eh, from my experience I'd still say you have to conserve more in Q, but then again I haven't played it in a while (and I was also bad at it).

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

It'd better be within estimates considering how badly promoted it got. I don't think NIntendo even put up anything about TMS on their YT.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Artix posted:

Mhm! If I'm not supposed to call Touma that, can you be my big brother instead?

I don't mind.

Yay! Thank you, big brother.

You can actually try to tell Tiki that you don't want to be called big bro, but obviously it's a "but thou must!"-situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Glazius posted:

Do those X-slayer type attacks also start a session, or is that damage type only?

They do! It's a weapon attack, so as long as something can session off that weapon, it works.

• Locked thread