Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Now this is game I would've never bought on my own. Nothing about it looked good, I'm not a big fan of Atlus' franchises to begin with (I got really bored really fast of Persona 4, I got super stuck on 3 even though it did a better job at keeping me interested, I haven't played any mainline SMT) and my Wii U is basically a big paper-weight that only gets used for Super Smash Bros. anyways. I wasn't going to put money on a game that looked this...anime. It's too anime, even for me.

But I'm definitely interested in following a LP of it, because hey, if it's really that good, I might as well see it in action.

That said Artix, going from a game that looked good but was terrible to a game that looks terrible but is apparently good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rangpur posted:

It is almost certainly coincidence but the bloooood ghooooosts remind me of the raincoat killer from Deadly Premonition.

It definitely is. The evil ghosts being cloaked in red is almost definitely taken from Fire Emblem, where the enemy units are colour-coded red.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Magic Pants posted:

Let me tempt you some more. You should absolutely watch through the whole thing, if only because hearing poor Fedule's suffering through the play through while Artix is having fun is hella funny.

That's XIII-2. Lightning Returns is the one where Fedule constantly, desperately tries to convince us, the audience, that they are playing a really good game while Artix, the actual person playing it, disagrees.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tsubasa's messaging style reminds me far too much of one of my actual friends. She writes in the exact same "no caps until SUDDEN ALL CAPS, emoticons everywhere" style. Only lacks keyboard spasms to be exactly like her.

Points for realism there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AradoBalanga posted:

With his (current) body frame, Barry might wind up being our designated General or Great Knight. Or he's the Jeigan that joins later than normal for some weird plot reason.

Too young to be Jagen. Since this only takes from FE1 and Awakening, I guess he could be partnered with Frederick instead, but I can't imagine Itsuki/Barry ever taking off as a possible ship.

Or maybe I can. Depends on how much Itsuki ends up liking Dia Witch Iroha, clearly the key to Barry's heart.

Also I have to wonder how a Dia Witch actually beats her enemies. Her speciality, from name alone at least, is clearly healing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

How the hell is a fully-functional AI where the "A" is heavily debatable considering she acts exactly like a normal human and is a Mirage herself only 3 gigabytes? That's some serious compression technology right there.

Also I had to dust off Awakening because I really needed to check it out, Feb 28 is correct for Tiki's birthday. Despite saying it was her "release date" here and referring to the Uta-loid rather than the Mirage. Attention to detail!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yapping Eevee posted:

I still cannot put into words how much it bothers me that Barry's hair and beard are different colours.

As a fellow blond, I can tell you that my hair and beard are very much not the same colour. I'm more confused as to why his eyebrows are the same colour as his beard rather than his hair, which leads me to believe he's just dyed.

Tax Refund posted:

Code is actually quite small. One project I worked on with about a million lines of code has an installer that's only 150 megabytes or so. Most of the size of modern games is in their 3-D models, textures, audio, etc., not in their code. 3 gigabytes might still be a little small for the code of a fully-functional AI, but it's within an order of magnitude, I would think.

Plus, there's also another possibility to consider. If she acts exactly like a normal human... does that include telling "small" lies about her weight? Maybe she's really 3.9 gigabytes, but she "rounded it down" to just 3 gigabytes.

Tiki also has a full 3D model with as much realism as...well, a human, and apparently enough audo to serve as a Voca...excuse me, Uta-loid. Or as much as to serve as an actual living being, I don't think it's been made clear where the program ends and the Mirage begins.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cattail Prophet posted:

Speaking of Robin, are those supposed to be Grimleal markings on Ayaha's cloak... dress... thing? It reminds me a lot of Robin's jacket.

While both take the form of eyes, Ayaha's markings are quite different from the Mark of Grima. Nonetheless, it might be a reference to that since she was possessed by Aversa.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SweaterGear posted:

I wonder who those two will have as Mirages. Yashiro seems like a Jeorge or a Virion type design, but I got no ideas on Mamori.

Seriously? The guy's last name is loving Sword. Jeorge or Virion? C'mon.

Mamori's name is one letter away from mamoru, protect. And she's a little girl, so a big-rear end armour is the most obvious fit. Too bad Amelia isn't in this game, that'd be perfect.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm just saying, the game's not exactly subtle about its characters. Our party right now consists of Itsuki Blue (as in, the hair colour of both Lords that could appear in this game), the red Cavalier Touma Red, the Pegasus Knight Wing Oribe, and the Dark Mage Kiria Black.

Meeting Yashiro Sword and Protect Minamoto here...yeah. It's pretty obvious where this is going.

Are you sure this is an Atlus game and Capcom or Gamefreak wasn't naming everyone?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure if I forgot something here, but is there any reason why the characters are in their normal clothes and not Carnage Form in battle now?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

As per usual, her last name says what class she is. Yumizuru. As Birthright taught us, yumi means bow. She's an Archer.

Heavy Sigh posted:

Nah, our healer is Tsubasa. So that leaves Archer as the only role we don't have yet.

That said, since the game seems to only pull from either Awakening or Shadow Dragon, her Mirage is totally going to be Virion.

He'll be the cool, self-assured noble ladies man to her desperate posturing.

Or she'll get Gordin.

I'd love her getting Gaggles because it'd be hilariously unfitting, but that'd be the first time in the game that there's that much of a clash between Master and Mirage. Virion seems like a safe bet.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Itsuki sure seemed very annoyed at Maiko's drunkenness. It's kind of weird to see him that irritated considering his usual nature, but I can't say I wasn't close to laughing at him deciding to just leave after Maiko's vodka joke.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Torama Raita the drama writer.

Ace Attorney-level naming right here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Robindaybird posted:

I suspect he isn't our baddy, but the sourpuss last member of our party to join after finding out being a loner sucks

We haven't seen a single evil Mirage Master. Furthermore, he's a Myrmidon - and considering the long-rear end hair, his Mirage is Navarre. The Navarre archetype always starts as enemies before being convinced to join your side.

I expect him to join after Tsubasa convinces him to do so. That's how it went for Caeda and Navarre, after all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You referred to the food critic as Himemaru and Himemaro.

Also I can imagine that Itsuki would do his job better, so that should be an easy sidequest.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was worried about the date just turning into an endless tsundere moment but instead it was a pretty nice character mini-arc with a sweet ending. The whole thing made me like Ellie a lot more.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Materant posted:

A lot of the Ike/Soren stuff is up to viewer interpretation by design, but he did leave a distant descendant (Priam) in Awakening.

My headcanon is that he's actually descended from Mist. Still shares Ike's blood.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

glocknar posted:

You know, I just realized what was bugging me about Fates: no official blue haired lord. Sure, Corrin can be made with blue hair, but he/she is the player avatar so that's kinda cheating

Gaiden/Echoes. Thracia. Binding Blade. Sacred Stones.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ChaosArgate posted:

Alm used to be a blue-haired lord! Does it still count though now that he's green for the modern era?

What he was is inconsistent, as Gaiden art assets never seemed to agree with each other. His manual artwork and the game's cover has him with green hair, in-game and in Complete it's blue. Manga goes with green, Awakening decided to appeal to both by having him with both colours, until Echoes revamped everyone and just made it green, as it should've been.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

amigolupus posted:

Does Tsubasa gain that unique skill if you pick her instead, or does it just give you funny dialogue then continue as if you've picked Kiria?

Artix picked Tsubasa in the video, not Kiria. It gives funny dialogue then continues with Kiria, it isn't an actual choice.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Draug is very disappointing but maybe he can be given a personality here. His name was Cursed Draug so he'll probably get uncursed now and become an ally.

Or he'll be a very uninteresting Egarim.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

amigolupus posted:

So what you're saying is that Kellam is this game's superboss? :v:

Nah. He's a random encounter in an area that doesn't have those with an extremely low probability to appear. As in, lower than a shiny Pokemon pre-gen 6.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The turn-based RPG format should be nicer to her than the SRPG format has been to her class in FE in general. No movement to be crippled, no doubles to get destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Artix posted:

If we, Food Critic Itsuki, are gonna eat a goddamn honey-banana-caramel-chocolate banana, we are going to ham it up as hard as we possibly can. The situation demands nothing less!

I thought Itsuki was eating a donut here. A weird as hell donut, but a donut nonetheless.

...It sounds kinda tasty, honestly. I'd test it out. Even moreso after Itsuki hamming the hell out of it.

• Locked thread