Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh hey, it's Persona 4 but everyone is Rise and a bit worse in more or less every way.

This game is weird and basically the opposite of what I wanted it to be but pretty drat good nonetheless.

I say this as someone who dislikes all but like 5 animes and I'm including Persona 4 in that list even though it's a game, by the way.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SC Bracer posted:

So...anime is good?

Hell no

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Can't wait to see the nitty gritty combat of this game. Already my brain is making links between this and The World Ends With You and that is a good thing.

This game is basically "what if twewy, persona 4, and a jpop group got stuck in a blender"

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The main character's persona should have been Ephraim or Hector

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

It's a game about jpop, actually

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Touma is rad. I wish they gave him Kent instead of Cain, because Kent is a pretty good straightman and it would mean we'd be assured of Sain's presence.

And Sain is the best.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

ultrafilter posted:

The Norse god Odin traded an eye for wisdom. That's probably what they're going for here.

Odin had ravens to compensate

She has a microphone

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Just watch ffxiii, where everyone is miserable

In fact, just load up pork lift and wateyad's version and randomly pick whose videos to watch, to get maximum suffering

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kiria is really bland

Barry, in contrast, is the best character in this game

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

ImperialGuard posted:

I'm not that far ahead of the LP but from what little I've seen all I've got for you is :crossarms:

Like, Tsubasa has her own whatever going on, but teaching is a two-way street. Barry should have cancelled or rescheduled if going to his anime bullshit mattered so much to him.

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy ridiculous, over the top characters in this heartfelt drama set in the cutthroat world of japanese idol managerial plots

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I'm not a huge fan of idols (BABYMETAL owns though), but the fact that the game goes all out for its themes is a pretty large part of why I like it.

Also, Tsubasa should probably be the main character.

Oh, and this was about where I realized that this was almost nothing like the fire emblem games I liked.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 23, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SweaterGear posted:

Time to build supports/social links, one of the best parts of FE/Persona!

Supports are the worst part of fire emblem but social links are the best part of persona, so I guess they cancel out

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

AlphaKretin posted:

Yeah, giving units that aren't featured in the main plot a chance to establish a basic personality ruined the series. :what:

it sure is a good thing I said that, then

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I think having the highschooler not be in lingerie as she poses provocatively for the risque photographer is very much an okay thing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Andyzero posted:

NGGGHHHHH.........I couldn't hold it. I'm sorry.

A Tsundere is when a jackass has a squishy center.

Kiria has a cool exterior with a squishy center. That's a "Kuudere."

Done poorly, like it usually is, it still means a woman's persona needs to be "broken into" before she can be befriended or bedded. (Which explains a lot why men and women aren't having sex in Japan.)

The harshest response I can give is to make you aware that you know this and desperately needed to tell everyone in this thread about it.

Also please don't use anime archetypes to describe societal problems irl, you weirdo

Jen X fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I like how Itsuki straight up implied he wanted to go out with her and yet actually didn't mean to

That's impressively stupid, really.

• Locked thread