Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

And what in the world is a "Pleroma", and why did it replace "Boost/Amp" in SMT IV?

Wikipedia posted:

"Pleroma" generally refers to the totality of divine powers. The word means fullness from πληρόω ("I fill") comparable to πλήρης which means "full",[1] and is used in Christian theological contexts: both in Gnosticism generally, and by St. Paul the Apostle in Colossians 2:9 (the word is used 17 times in the NT).

As for why they used that word instead, :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

ChaosArgate posted:

Lover boy specifically feels like a Strange Journey reference to me. That's the only other SMT game that has a similar side quest, IIRC. Given how performas are basically formas with a prefix stapled on, I'm almost positive it's SJ specifically.

From the icon, I thought he was wearing a hat. There's a certain other character I could name that's too pervy for his own good, wears a blue hat, and is named Iori...

On the other hand, this guy is pretty solidly Anthony also.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Like Clockwork posted:

Almost certainly, since Ike is the only Lord who has only male paired endings (Soren and Ranulf), and Soren has at least one base conversation in RD locked behind him and Ike getting to A-rank in PoR—and I do recall that they were pretty blatantly gay in both games even with the translation trying to make Ike seem straighter. I don't know anything about more recent material, though; maybe something in his Heroes dialogue?

Soren immediately asks where Ike is when you summon him in Heroes, but I think that might be it.

• Locked thread