Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't have much to say that hasn't already been covered - this game is a beautiful little miracle and I am strapped the hell in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's worth noting that the first minute of this game, which has less to do with Fire Emblem, already features the actual series main theme in greater capacity than Fates did. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Item Getter posted:

Do we know why Nintendo didn't do an English dub of the game? It seems a bit odd.

The game bombed in Japan and they rightfully didn't expect it to do any better here - it wasn't worth it.

The official reason was, in fewer words, that the game was :japan: as all hell anyway so the Japanese voices sort of fit, and I don't entirely disagree with that either.

E: Also even if there was a dub they likely wouldn't have touched the songs, so the change between English dialogue and Japanese AMVs would have been a bit jarring.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

We'll get there soon enough, don't you worry.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

For the benefit of those that haven't played, that sticker of Touma's with Japanese on it was translated in the game itself, saying "Here I Go!", but I guess no one's ever bothered to extract the English versions.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

tithin posted:

Gotta admit, Tsoubasa's text messaging is pretty hilarious because I'm friends with a couple of weeb girls in sydney who have been in and out of japan a few times and they speak via text in the exact same way

One of my favourite little things about this game is that every character has their own "voice" when texting, all of which are really believable and authentic.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

cokerpilot posted:

Good lord there is a surprisingly high amount of production quality in the videos you are showing us of this game. I guess it really did get hosed over by timing and not doing well in japan. How exactly did this not do well in japan again, it really seem like the kind thing persona crowd at least would get into?

Artix posted:

Wii U exclusive

I say this as someone who has one and likes it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Glazius posted:

So is there anything neat happening on the second screen while the game is running or is this just a one-screen game?

It's where the text messages he presents in quote blocks come up, as well as an area map.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

GeneX posted:

Supports are the worst part of fire emblem

Yeah, giving units that aren't featured in the main plot a chance to establish a basic personality ruined the series. :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I think the game just makes a point of having a small scene whenever you enter an Idolasphere for a quest (as opposed to just grinding or something, I dunno).

• Locked thread