Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I am looking forward to this but is it possible at all to add music links to the SSLP parts? Since I imagine the music is an important part of the game.

I have to make the same joke I did before the game was released.... Performa always just makes me think of a certain discontinued Apple product line.

I have access to a WiiU but it's a communal one in a space shared with other people and I'd die of embarrassment if someone saw me playing this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

ChaosArgate posted:

They're generally interchangable and both use green wind icons. I know there's a few games that have both Zan and Garu, but those aren't super common.

I think Zan didn't really become a "wind" attack until the 2000s or so, and they just keep the "force" attribute out of tradition.
In the early SMT games the effect for Zan suggested some kind of "sonic wave", it was like a bunch of expanding circles with a high pitched whine sound.
It's sort of funny how Persona 5 reintroduced some gameplay elements of the older Persona titles, and one of them they decided to bring back was some of the tons of goofy elemental attacks that Persona 1-2 had, like Gravity.

This game showed me the thing that Persona awakening cutscenes were always missing.
And I love that the monsters in the crowd have glow sticks.

How is the FE weapon triangle supposed to work in this game when the enemies (at least that we have seen so far) seem to be generic Persona 3 Shadow looking things which aren't holding any discernible weapons? Or are most of the later enemies visibly holding a sword, spear or whatever. I wonder if that also means that the SMT series staple "immune to physical attacks" enemies don't really appear in this game.
I'm reminded a bit of how when Persona Q brought over the head / arm / leg bind mechanic from Etrian Odyssey, they had to rename it to vague stuff like "Strength seal" since many of the Persona 3-4 enemies don't really have arms and legs to speak of.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
If they had to do an SMT crossover with a totally unrelated series (forgetting Dante for a moment) then something like this game is probably the best way to do it... just to make an original game that finds a way to pull some elements and name drops from the two series. Though in the end I guess it just confused and disappointed a lot of fans of both series who were expecting something more familiar.

The game probably would have been a lot better received if they had changed the name of the project to Persona x Fire Emblem before the actual game was revealed. Since the game is close enough to a Persona game that it would be laughed off as a "Mind Zero" type ripoff if Atlus wasn't involved, but at least based on my limited knowledge, the non-Persona SMT influence is relegated to the names of spells and some name dropping of mascot demons like Jack Frost.

Granted, the FE characters operate rather differently than Personas but the Persona series itself has always been inconsistent between games about how Personas operate. The idea is more just to set expectations and attract an audience who would be more predisposed to like the game instead of reject it. I guess they were trying to allude to the original Persona with the game's Japanese title but it would be lost on most people who started the series with 3 or 4.

The real most amusing way they could have done SMT x FE is if they had just made SMT 4 be that. Replace the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado guys with Fire Emblem characters and had them go down into some dungeon and find out that their world is sitting above post-apocalyptic Tokyo.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

"[img posted:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/73/d6/00182263.0001.gif[/img]" post="469089810"]
Damnit, Tiki. Either teleport or float, but don't do both.

That's just showing off, damnit! :argh:

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Do we know why Nintendo didn't do an English dub of the game? It seems a bit odd.

• Locked thread