Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

This game is better than it has any right to be. I bought it fully expecting to hate it, but... I like it. Kind of a lot?

I still haven't beaten it, but I'm close! I'm at the very end. Hopefully I'll be able to beat it while following this LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Better go save your girlfriend totally platonic childhood friend, Itsuki!

Also, Artix, I hope you'll show off the older chatlogs in the Topic thingy. A lot of folks didn't know about them at all and there's some funny stuff in there.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Like Clockwork posted:

Oh hey, I think I recognize part of Tsubasa's outfit from an infamous Twitter screenshot. :v: ~*~vagina bones~*~

So far this seems like it's mostly the benign kind of anime-as-hell, which I'm fine with... Even if they chose the objective Worst Lord to saddle our protagonist with. I kind of wish I had the cash for a WiiU so I could get this, now.

Hey, Chrom is fine. He is far from the worst lord in a series where Roy and Leif exist. Yeah, he's a straight man, but crazy people need a straight man to bounce off. I like Chrom; he's good. He's thoroughly outclassed by his daughter in every respect, but that's not his fault.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

If Itsuki were a woman with Lucina as her Persona, I would be out the door on my way to buy a Wii U faster than you could blink.

I hadn't even considered this and now you're making me wish it were a thing, drat you!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Finally slogged through and beat this game today. Well... I beat the final boss at least. Haven't had the chance to watch ending things yet.

Anyway, I like Tsubasa a lot, especially in her Topics. She's adorable.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Glazius posted:

So is there anything neat happening on the second screen while the game is running or is this just a one-screen game?

It shows a lot of handy info during battle. It shows the enemy you're facing, all the attacks they have, what their weaknesses are, their stats, and (I think) their drops. You can also tap through all your party members to check their attacks and stats.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I never bothered with the target-all elemental spells. I figured it'd be too easy to have one enemy in a group resist/null/repel whatever element and gently caress up my chances for a session. Am I a dumbass?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The "go back to the office and speak to Ayaha" part of her quests got annoying once I figured out what was up. Why couldn't you just send her a Topic message and go straight to the nearest dungeon and save me the trip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I love that. You literally helped a girl to get senpai to notice her. :allears:

Also I have to disagree with you violently about Touma and that leopard print. Nope, he rocks that.

• Locked thread