Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

thetechnoloser posted:

Best DFAC I ever ate at was the one on Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras. All local nationals. I put on 15-20lbs from having refried beans, fried plantains, and rice with huevos rancheros for every breakfast.

That doesn't sound like all that hefty of a meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Sampha's first full length album is P.tight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oM1DFL43Lk

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

Grad school is becoming more and more required and it's really dumb. Probably 95% of the new hires we get have an MS/MA. I didn't have a chance in hell of getting a job with just my bachelors.

Don't worry, Trump is gonna make sure that advanced degrees are only available to the most worthless of the rich who don't see a sucker play.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Uhh coke is alot of fun. Squares, vacate!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
When I first got out I had a couple friends who were weekend warriors with cocaine. I realized pretty quick that I didn't want to keep up and couldn't afford to if I had. It's been like 3 years since I've done blow but I don't have any particular Animus towards it.

Speaking of dabs, a buddy of mine met some chick that was tripping on acid and invited her back to my apt. He took her to plow town all night, and in the morning I woke up to her hunched over something with a butane torch. I thought this berserk chick was smoking meth, but she explained that she was just dabbing and I should chill. Welp that's my dabbing story.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 26, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
When some street urchin (she was actually a QT but literally pulled off the street) is hunched over glassware in your living room there is cause for concern. If that bitch had been bogarting all the meth it really would've ground my gears!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Did she bring her own dab rig or something? Was she dragging a backpack full of glass around? Does she go out on drinking night with all that gear? So many questions!

Like, why not carry a vape pen and the wax/shatter you need for the adventure instead of five pounds of glass and a torch?

If Dabs are the at home game, vape pens are like the Gameboy of weed.

She had a little bag she had kept in her jacket. The chick was berserk so I was pretty happy to see her go. She worked at some kind of holistic herb shop.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzw5QPSJDIM

Goddamn how am I only just finding out about these dudes

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Both those people sounded awful. What was the context? That Twitter profile is no bueno

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Let's cut lite_sleeper a tiny bit of slack. He's a personnel clerk who got royally hosed by his chain and now he's stuck at Laughlin waiting out to retire. In AETC that's like TRADOC for you Army types. That's a pretty poo poo situation, albeit par for course, so maybe being locked outta the forums really gets under his skin. There's nothing else to do where he's at, so maybe this dying gay internet comedy forum is his only outlet in a life filled with disappointment and regret.

Then again: :lol:

ereaders do suck. That is all.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Capn Beeb posted:

I remember a sit down between John Oliver and Stephen Colbert where they leaned kinda heavily towards the idea that the both of them as well as well as other similar folks normalizing this garbage under the guise of comedy played a not-insignificant role of getting Trump elected.

Guess we're forgetting about that.

They might be overestimating their influence a wee bit considering every republican voted for trump regardless.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

mlmp08 posted:

In the cold and deadened world of the Internet, I cannot even react and must watch others react in order to remind myself of what humanity looks like.

Reaction videos kind of make sense for little kids if you've ever watched live action Disney Channel shows. The whole point is the child/teen actors massively over-reacting and emoting like "gadzooks!" to everything all the time ad nauseum.

I never realized I was.being programmed by morning cartoons (Disney channel sucks dick in a bad way)

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Goddamn my girlfriend earns twice what I do now that I've gotten a raise. I need to either get more attractive or more charming or I'm gonna be SoL

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Two Finger posted:

Just don't have a girlfriend :smugdog:

That might be the ultimate result cuz she keeps bringing up money and I'm not gonna improve any further as a person. If anything I'm rapidly getting less charming and/or attractive

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mad Dragon posted:

What is she, an early 20-something?

30 and wants a kid asap. Meanwhile I'm over here trying to goto lawschool on voc rehab I.E. broke

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Woof Blitzer posted:

One of my friends can't hang out with another one of my friends because his girlfriend doesn't want him communicating with other women. hosed up

Nothing like setting extraordinary rules for other adults to kick off a healthy adult relationship

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 22, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Naked Bear posted:

The burrito from lunch isn't making it any easier. :(

Mexican and Thai on the same day? Sounds like someone was treating themselves (to horrific gastric distress)

There is an amazing thai place at Riverbend in New Orleans that has an official heat index of 1-5 but actually goes to 10. It's one of two restaurants I've ever been to where max spicy is too spicy (the other being killer burger). It's like a two day intestinal knife stab ordering the 10 but it's pretty goddamn tasty

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
pfft, he doesn't even have a doctorate like my man gorka? I don't listen to anyone that isn't addressed as doctor, unless you're talking about my actual medical doctor. I ignore him for telling me poo poo I don't want to hear!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

Someone here made a good observation earlier that uncomfortable displays of gratitude are quickly shut down by some facts and figures about BAH for the gi bill

Yeah I don't tell strangers, and when I explain my present situation to an acquaintance they generally don't bring it up again

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Do you have the original?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
My papa was a vietnam draftee and my grandfather was a pilot in WW2 and I've called both of them bitches to their faces because I'm loving hardcore

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

It's a progression of auto-tune levels

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They're now debating in front of me whether it's "bad enough" (!) To put me on IV antibiotics, or whether they should send me home...

how in the gently caress
:lol:

Welcome to the land that won both WW2 and the Cold War. Make sure to get some opiates on your way out of the doctors office or you'll never be able to cover your expenses!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This poo poo's gonna cost me proper, isn't it? :lol:

If part of your international attendance tuition is not insurance that will provide for care to the level of your home country then you are getting hosed like 5 times. I can only imagine that you are paying 5k a year for some student health insurance plan that exclusively covers individuals under the age of 40.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 10, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welp, checked the coverage

RIP 200 bucks.

Foot Status: Festively colorful and ripe...at least it hasn't gotten worse in the last 20 mins or so. Probably should have asked the doc if it's fine to pop a handful of ibuprofen with these meds

Get some codine/promethazine syrup and really embrace being an American

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

orange juche posted:

Can you even get codeine syrup for a foot injury?

I'm not a doctor, but my understanding is that Arizona is very similar to Florida in that only criminals live there and all that stands between you and what you want is the bullshit you tell yourself everyday - Leonardo Dicaprio

Edit: Is your house an honest to god cesspit? I don't think that a splinter would honestly warrant antibiotics, close observation, five stitches or concern over sepsis. Unless I am really missing the picture here your foot is going to be fine, and barring any downturns you should stop worrying about it. The litigious nature of American society means our medical care is P.good, though very expensive.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 10, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Guinea pigs are delicious

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
SNL managed to have a good skit last night with the Rock doing a wrassling promotion

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Thats actually 100x funnier now that the account got suspended

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Someone should salt that slug

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Happy birthday USA.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Your friend sounds like a little bitch. If standing a stupid 5 hour watch and urinalysis was the worst thing that happened to him that day he's living the good life.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

nukes get E5 automatically often in their contract once they meet the time in service requirements which they meet while in school or very shortly after. An E5 nuke is junior as fuuuuuuuuck. E4 nukes are people that are either stupid or have been to mast a number of times (frequent enough). If you're an E1-E3 nuke outside of school it's almost certainly because you've been busted in rank 2-3 times.

So most first tour enlisted arrive to a ship anywhere from E1-E4 with most in the E2-E3 area. Nukes are one of the few exceptions where people can regularly come to their first sea duty as an E5.

Edit: Also as mentioned in the previous post, STAR allows them to extend while in school and get E5 automatically as well.

Aside from being a SPU no nuke will arrive to their first non-training command higher than an e-4 barring truly bizzare circstances. STAR reenlistment is the only way to automatically put on E-5 and it does not become available until you've completed the training pipeline.

Almost all.nukes report to their first duty stations as E-4s . Due to the number of e-5 nukes, making it off the exam is actually typically pretty difficult, with advancement rates for mechanics and electricians sticking around 20% while I was in

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 7, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

weird. in the marines, and perhaps not all units, we just called all the junior enlisted non-rates(amongst other things).

Don't you call shoes go-fasters? The only good Marines are submarines

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh yeah i forgot cranks also handle chiefs and officers laundry for them.

On our boat the Chiefs did their own and there was a designated cook.that did the officer stuff, otherwise people wouldnt get it right

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Pesticide20 posted:

Did you have movie night after? Handies outside the head? A full-blown fuckfest with everyone involved?

Only the coners did. The nukes had to work

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Welp instead of nuptials it looks like me and the little lady are splitsville. R.I.P. 5 years of toil. That which is dead can never die

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Rat posted:

Or if you're like me, end up with a girl's ankle smashed :suicide:

Yeah that story is pretty :discourse:

Where do you chose the hikes you go on from? I'm in Colorado and while I hike pretty regularly it doesn't often seem nearly as photogenic as the stuff you post

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Rat posted:

I tend to do glacial lake hikes more than anything else around here. That's what my trail searches tend to start with, looking up lake trails and then doing Google image search to get a rough idea of what it's like. Of course that only goes so far, since there are lots of lakes named blue lake, lost lake, etc.

The forest service website is another good resource, they have a map you can pan around that has trails and such flagged as points.

Are you down south or what? I'm on the north end.

Central? I'm in Boulder.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Oh haiii~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Hong Kong divorce lunch

• Locked thread