Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

thetechnoloser posted:

Best DFAC I ever ate at was the one on Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras. All local nationals. I put on 15-20lbs from having refried beans, fried plantains, and rice with huevos rancheros for every breakfast.

This is god's honest truth. My company got sent to Soto Cano for 6 months it it was the best 6 month in the army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

thetechnoloser posted:

I got sent there to do a radio show on AFN for a year and it was the best year I've done so far out of 10. Best kept secret in the Army. You AF or were you in ARFOR?

JTF Bravo with the 10th Mountain in 93. We would rotate platoons out to Tiger island (small outpost on top of inactive volcano in the gulf which got closed down at the end of our rotation) and one other site that I've forgotten the name of. I miss the restaurant run by locals the was right inside the main gate. Still haven't had refried beans that have been as good as what they served there.

Back then all the fools when to Comayagua to hit up the brothels. I spent most of the time I had off in Tegucigalpa and was able to live like a king on my pay during the weekends. Once you get over the guards at the Burger King having shotguns you can have a great time. Locals were always awesome and partied with embassy staff and half the reason I live in Australia now is the Aussie friends I made there.

• Locked thread