Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

I thought Army OCS chow hall procedures were lame, the Navy somehow was able to make them even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

This week while we were out in field getting rained on all week, our DFAC sent us "soup" for dinner. It was barely more than broth with a couple potatoes and if you were lucky maybe some meat.

It was easily the most disappointing dinner of my life

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Apparently hot chow is cheaper than MREs so they try to get us hot chow as much as they can. But that's just here on Lewis.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Naked Bear posted:

Make sure you eat every last bit of it, too. If you send back mermites with anything left, they won't give you as much food next time!

Not an issue, they rarely give enough for everyone as it is

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

My grandpa was involved in those nuke tests in the 50's, before he died he figured that's what caused him to get cancer.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Washington is such a great state for beer, the wine here is pretty good too

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Yum I had a Cuban sandwich from Huey's (Whatup Memphis people) for dinner. poo poo was legit.

Man, I'm from Tampa and I've been trying every Cuban sandwich I come across in restaurants here in Washington and none of them have even come close to a legit Tampa Cuban sandwich, it's depressing. On paper the ingredients look right for a Cuban sandwich but in execution they.....just fail as Cuban sandwiches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

My 1SG is big on families and kids and poo poo and anyone with a family gets instant brownie points with him. It's almost like he's personally offended by the fact that I'm 30 and in no rush to settle down and start having kids.

Actually it's really loving weird how many people in the Army just love popping out babies. I've never met so many people with 3-6 kids before.

My whole unit has kind of transformed this year. Last year all the social events were mostly just other soldiers or adults and everyone was drinking and having a good time, now it's little kids running around everywhere and much tamer and extremely boring.

• Locked thread