Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

The best couple in fighting. Good God I love them. I forget if it was Chael's or Serra's podcast but they were on one of them and they seem to be touring America in a RV. It sounds awesome.

I was away during anything to do with the Overeem/Stipe card and it sounds like I missed some poo poo. Anyone got a funnier recap than google?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Power of Pecota posted:

At the very least, you have to see this in its entirety:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iAg2IywPvo&t=145s

Oh sweet Jesus Trump God.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Who the gently caress is JUDO DAN KELLY?

Also, you mentioned Sage having to be taught about racism earlier. I need to hear more. His bewildered by the world innocence is hysterical and immensely likable.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

CommonShore posted:

He's an Australian judo dad with a surprisingly good UFC record whose fights tend to be bloody and fun, except for one of his fights, which was one of the worst modern UFC fights I've ever seen. I'm not going to tell you which one it was.

Ahhhh, that's why it firmly ejected itself from my memory.

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, nah, get hosed, mate.

Cheers, mate.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dan Didio posted:

Misha Cirkunov, Rick Story and Lorenz Larkin are apparently no longer on the UFC roster.

And luckily nothing of value was lost.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I.N.R.I posted:

only their jobs .. i hope they can at least make a decent wage fighting in the b leagues

It's an old joke from the hit television cartoon The Critic. A flaming parade float slams into a theater showing "Cats."

Jesus, I'd never wish job loss on a fighter.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Take it from me, the world's least funny poster, that a joke generally has to in some way apply to and then make a twist on reality in order to be funny. "Ha ha I made a reference" isn't enough. Shalom.

Thanks for the tip about posting in a forum where everyone is well acquainted with my style (I'm an idiot), I will be sure to reread posts in the future to make sure we talk about stairs.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I caught the end of Rogan's podcast and he just sounded loving disheartened at how stupid Eddie Bravo is and kept trying to end the podcast.

E] Alex Jones kept yelling "Once in a lifetime chance for me to tell you what's really goin on!" Then trying to get Eddie Bravo to punch him in the arm :psyduck:

When Rogan starts to look at your like a crazy person the canary in your coal mine isn't just dead but on fire.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'd go if I got a free Chili Peppers concert at the end.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I doubt anyone was investing in the UFC with a short sale in mind. Short of catastrophe, they are the NFL of their sport and will continue on an upwards trajectory over the next 10+ years.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

mike goldberg was compensated with corn nuts and monster energy drink

They just let him have ten minutes an event with Dana's sabertooth skull covered in cocaine.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I probably have a chance to show one fight to by TKZ to my Dad to get him hyped. Would you guys go with Zombie/Garcia?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I honestly remember a time when Bader seemed like he could possibly do the Jon Jones thing.

Then he started fighting.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I picked up a T-Shirt from a Midwestern Goodwill type store called Savers that is red and says nothing but, "Mr. Wonderful" on it. I was going to use it for a forums bet when Phil Davis fought for a belt.

So I still have that shirt. No one here is a male large shirt super fan of his, are they?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Skip My Posts posted:

you thought that? lmao

No joke. I had a head full of steam telling everyone Jon Jones was something special so I suddenly assumed I knew what I was talking about.

WELP.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The Dokdo meme isn't funny.

We'll make sure to count your vote when we determine actual funniness. (We hold votes ever Thursday after tea and Anzac biscuits)

Rogan and Cormier would be fine. Anik is just a speak and spell with a spreadsheet in front of him.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

chaleski posted:

Anik is much better when his voice doesn't blend in with Florian's, and his post fight interviews are pretty good

I can agree with that. I keep forgetting how bad the announcing is outside of the UFC.

When I have to listen to Bellator's fake Joe Rogan say Jiu Jit-SO I want to punch a frog.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Belgian Waffle posted:

I don't understand it either, but they're having fun with it so it's fine.

Also, I've always been partial to Forrest Griffin talking about getting knocked out by Silva.

"I felt like a little kid trying to wrestle with his dad!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1R50LpFh_M

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

im basically 100% fine with ring card girls but feel they should also add some muscly guys in short shorts and have a female color commentator occasionally.

i also don't think it's wrong to call a woman beautiful in the context that her job is literally to look beautiful. they spend all day every day basically managing their diets and working out to look like that. it deserves praise.

and no-one should be surprised the falcons lost. they stole the packers' soul and the packers' whole thing is absolutely convincing you they're gonna make it only to choke in the most frustrating way possible. they win the super bowl once every decade or so just to prime you to be maximally disappointed in the following years.

Calling a female fighter attractive has netted me my only probation in ten years. I wish saying someone, male or female, wouldn't throw everyone into such a weird nerd uproar.

Fozzy, I'm just going to preemptively say nobody gives a gently caress what you think on the topic.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If you have a problem with me, PM me, otherwise don't be an rear end in a top hat.

How about you grow a thicker skin? I'm being sarcastic because you report a bunch of people. I was preparing for an insult back from you that would make me laugh.

I don't need to PM that.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

Uh, id argue everyone who openly mocked me and my fun mma adventures were far less of an rear end in a top hat than the guy who openly wanted me to post more about my fun experiences and exclusive scoops whilst at the same time reporting every post I made.

Is empty quoting alright under our new administration? Because that's what I want to do here.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bundt Cake posted:

hes dead, posting as a ghost, whats your excuse

I just laughed so loud my Pops walked into the room to see what was so funny.

Edit : Before "Goonthink" kicks in and I'm classified as someone who lives with their parent - It's true, but I'm my father's legal guardian, power of attorney, and caretaker. I do a lot of other things.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 7, 2017

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I post by shouting at people on the streets.

Anyways, did Anderson mention a weight for the contest? If he did, I missed it. I believe Anderson when he says he has nothing left to prove. He seems to like Conor and think it would be fun.

Still, 167 pound Anderson is loooong gone.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dangersim posted:

One time I drank a whole powerade right before muay thai and I threw it all up and had to mop up the bathroom. That's my story.

I once dry heaved and sorta puked in front of a children's Jiu Jitsu class. It was in the way of the bathroom.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dangersim posted:

BJJ never made me actually puke but one time I went like partially blind for 15 minutes. Like you know when you stand up too fast and the blood rushes out of your head and everything fades for a couple seconds? It was like that but for 15 minutes, I literally thought I was going to die.

As an experienced sick person for the last few years - holy gently caress why didn't you go to the ER? When your vision goes screwball, something probably needs tending to by the doctor.

Also my puking incident was triggered by the "MMA Class" I was in from 2008 to 2009ish. It was ran super Chute Box-ey, with coaches who pushed everyone waaaaay to far thinking it would toughen them up. I remember at the time it was the whole, "Train like you fight!" Mantra held by all gyms but that's thankfully calmed down a bit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bundt Cake posted:

hes an obvious cheat but hes a ko threat big time for 3 rounds and also a ragdoll threat although he does seem like a dumb aggressive guy who might not have the best defense . i dont know if bisping is going to be able to outwork yoel but he has the guts and cardio to survive yoels best i think. hes kinda relying on taking over in the final 3 rounds, or yoel gassing from beating him up

I never ever EVER thought I'd be typing this but Bisping is really good at a lot of things.

I hope you're right.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

EA UFC2 is 13 bucks on psn sale for ps4 right now if you're into that. I got on Jon Jones' tuf team as Chan Sung Jung and took out two people with spinning backfists so I got my moneys worth.

Edit: It's insane that they managed to make grappling and subs worse after EA UFC1

I did the subs part of the tutorial over for days and couldn't get it.

So I tried to make myself as a Middleweight punch kick champion. I think I got the belt without a loss. But my CAF looked like me, in shape, from the neck down only. That's also being generous. His face looked like that dumb fucker that won TUF and kicked out a window.

P. S. - Do people give a gently caress about rankings now? Seems like a lot of folks here do.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

actually basically every fight camp starts with me feeling bad about being fat after the last fight, so i'll go back to training to look good again, but there's no sense training without purpose... sure i'll take a fight..... 2-3 months later....

Do you mind telling us what at what weight you compete? I'm just trying to picture the severity of your cut.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

When I almost died I wasn't allowed to have water or food through my mouth hole for two weeks. Every time I became cognizant I instantly wanted to know when I could have water. It was typically enough to break me back into the space between conscious and out of your mind.

(Don't get acute/chronic pancreatitis kids.)

I seriously cannot imagine being expected to function on any level when you are thoroughly deprived.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

competed. past tense. thank god. 72kg, which is like... 160ish? i cut from 78 usually, which is ~12 pounds i think, and that was cool, but once i cut from 82 due to life getting in the way of my camp and it was miserable. i won the first two rounds before gassing hard and getting thoroughly bashed in the third. the fight was a draw and i retired from getting punched for leisure.

e oh and the tough cut i missed weight by 2lbs. sorry, my opponent.

Posted too quick - Here is the second half -

Did you have any heavyweights cutting weight when you did? I'm curious if it's a harder or easier overall experience depending on weight. gently caress, should probably go to the training thread.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

If you don't know a bride who has missed dress weight you don't get invited to many weddings.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

1st AD posted:

or all your friends are fat

The keyword here is, "friends." I at least have some that are breeding.

This all makes me chuckle about the Mobn wedding picture. It's the meanest thing the forum has done in ten years, but God drat it was funny.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Eat This Glob posted:

It's. And I'm glad to be young and full of vigor.

Please tell me you're joking so I don't feel so old.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

I've been to 6 weddings in the past 12 months where I have known the bride, and never heard of this being a thing.

It was a normal attractive friend who was going to attempt to wear her tiny spider woman grandmothers dress and it was so tight we had a backup ready months before. We needed that brave posters sauna weight cut service.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Brunson had two good moments in that fight - which are the times he survived the death clinch and dealt heavy leather during it.

gently caress Greg Jackson if he think statistics show the winner.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

chaleski posted:

It's probably an unpopular opinion here but I completely agree, watching the former P4P best fighter on the planet win unconvincing, somewhat boring fights against fringe top-10 opponents is pretty unappealing. Unless they give him the super fights against the likes of GSP that he asked for, that could be fun.

I think Anderson was ready to retire on a great win or a great loss. I'm the number two forums Andy superfan (Hi Dangersim) and he seemed pissed/disappointed for a moment when he was about to be interviewed. It was a pretty touching and interesting post fight, for sure.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

GOD drat EVERYTHING!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Captain Log posted:

GOD drat EVERYTHING!

Oh wait, it was a joke.

I'll leave the old post so everyone knows I'm dumb as hell.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'd be fine with a hot dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm very forgiving of tattoos but McMann's is a big ole' what the gently caress. The lion's face looks like it's trying to escape itself.

• Locked thread