Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Cub beat Choi and Artem beat Teruto

We need Swanson/Lobov to determine who really has claims to Liancourt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
While Cung Le getting violently owned is rad (love that 1st Scott Smith fight), he beat up Wanderlei and made Joe Rogan cry out in anguish, which is extremely cool.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Cung Le contains multitudes.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Unless I'm completely missing the joke, that was another example of Cung Le getting violently owned. Joe Rogan cried over the defeat of spinning back kicks, not PRIDE never die.

gently caress, you're right

My brain is a ruinous mess

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Go vote in the 2016 MMA awards thread

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

UFC Houston GDT is up

whatever

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Episode 1 of embedded for 208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox8LIMSLBvw

Featuring:

- Anderson Silva mean mugging a tiny child
- Derek Brunson's daughter at a pageant
- Germaine de Randamie continuing the proud tradition of Dutch fighters low kicking girls to death

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

What if a fighter loudly announces they are making GBS threads on purpose?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Tsyni posted:

What about that other judoka who trained with Rousey or something. I remember her being bigger than Ronda and seemingly badass, maybe was training MMA. Younger too I think? Saw an interview with her but i can't remember the details.

Marina Shafir is a "Horsewoman" that did judo with Ronda growing up. She is bad at fighting, currently with a 1-2 record

Kayla Harrison is signed to WSOF, but hasn't fought yet

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

Marina is pregnant as hell.

I just discovered she's with Roddy Strong, which is the equivalent of a string of brutal knockout losses

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Please, give all that you can to poor Michael

https://twitter.com/YoelRomeroMMA/status/829366165965266945

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Bisping is going to win.

depends on if he's earned the respect of his son yet

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

mine is 36. under 30 has been observed. even supposed fraud lance armstrong had 32

So 2 alleged EPO dudes have similarly low resting heart rates? Wowzers

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

There are only like 7 ballots for the MMA awards, get some votes in, please?

Thread

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

god, you assholes

defending a title 0 times is basically the same as defending it 7 times

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Per Fight Matrix's historic MMA rankings:

Aldo's UFC fights (ranked 1st, until Edgar fight)

Mark Hominick, April '11 - 9th
Ken Flo, Oct 11 - 2nd
Chad Mendes, Jan 12 - 4th
Frankie Edgar, Feb 13 - 2nd (LW)
Zombie, Aug 13 - 14th
Lamas, Feb 14 - 5th
Mendes, Oct 14 - 3rd
Conor, Dec 15 - 3rd (closest ranking was October '15) (Jan 16, Aldo 3rd, Conor 1st)
Edgar, July 16 - 1st (Aldo ranked 4th)

Conor's UFC fights

75th LW vs Brimage, April '13 - 32nd
18th vs Holloway, Aug 13 - 68th
19th vs Brandao, July 14 - 30th
19th vs Poirier, Sept 14 - 10th (Closest ranking was July '14) (October 14, Conor was 7th, Poirier 16th)
7th vs Siver, Jan 15 - 19th
5th vs Mendes, July 15th - 4th
3rd vs Aldo, Dec 15 - 1st (closest ranking Oct '15) (Jan 16, Conor 1st, Aldo 3rd)
1st vs Diaz, Mar 16 - 9th LW (Closest ranking Jan 16) (April 16, Conor 2nd, Nate 2nd)
2nd vs Diaz, Aug 16 - 2nd LW
6th WW vs Alvarez, Nov 16 - 1st

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yoel called into Mike Bisping's radio (?) show, and DJ Mikey B went back to his "toilet store" verbal skills, calling Yoel "poopie pants"

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmrush/yoel-romero-calls-in-to-confront-michael-bisping-after-twitter-battle

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Broke racist Alex Nicholson's jawbones, defeated Hero of the Donbass, Nikita Krylov

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Cub beat Choi and Artem beat Teruto

We need Swanson/Lobov to determine who really has claims to Liancourt

:smug:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Troxartas posted:

Oh, totally, but they don't have nearly as much on lesser-known fighters. Plus wikipedia has weird moderating issues where older ufc cards don't have individual pages anymore, making it not as useful

i prefer tapology 95% of the time

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

no love is a cool nickname, it's pretty unique

Rich Clementi did it better

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I felt like throwing this together because I like Nunes

https://streamable.com/db30d

I did notice something kinda cool:

When McMann and Baszler throw half-assed, lovely low kicks that don't have a hope of connecting, and they slowly spin back around, Nunes leaps in with a punch to the loving face. Who are some other folks that pounce on "mistakes" like that? I thought I remembered someone else that did something similar?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm going to watch RTJ live tomorrow so I applaud your choice in music. And everyone should like Nunes imo.

:hf:

I've seen 'em 4 times, mostly due to living close to ATL (Though twice I've gone to New Orleans)

Here's a couple more I've done:

Lie, Cheat, Still, Kill, Win

2016 KO Compilation

Rose the Jewels

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

This is really cool! Watching her fights edited together like that, I get old school Wanderlei or Shogun vibes off of her. Obviously not the same skill level, but in the relentlessness and the way she just continues to pound on opponents as they go to the ground. She's great.

Dude, I don't care :). I'm just trying to avoid offsite drama about me coming into this thread. Making dumb posts at me is fine. We're all brothers and sisters in bad posting here.

I like that moment where she punches GdR's arm to flatten her out. Nunes for 2 weight champ

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

Amazing. Watched 'em all. The only thing I'd change is sub in is a Nunes KO on the lyric "You think I'm lyin', you right, see my teeth." on the legend has it highlight. So good.

Also, Jon Jones is kinda vindicated while Bisping is kind of a poo poo, IMO. Why'd he do that to Jorge?!!

HE MAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPvjHn7oGX4

HE MAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUJTFjT4iY

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Browne probably wins this one, and then loses to whoever his next fight is to keep him out of a title shot, per Chael Sonnen's demon pact

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yeah but something tells me that if they are gonna have MMA fights they won't give up the OCTAGON. I'm sure they can tear it down or something.

Bellator ran kickboxing and mma and just had the cage and the ring next to each other in the venue at the same time

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

His defense is impeccable

Floyd Mayweather posted:

Although there has been several rumors circulating thru media suggesting that I will have an upcoming fight, I'd like to set that record straight and state that there has been no deals made on my behalf in regards to a bout with any fighter at this time. I am happily retired and enjoying my life! Rest assured that if any changes come about, I will be the first to let the world know!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

loving seriously?

https://twitter.com/SixGunGibson/status/831653801027260416

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

how did they used to do it? fight pass seems like the best way to quickly access all of the ufc fights to be honest. though i hope fighters and coaches arent paying for it

https://twitter.com/SixGunGibson/status/831653999296122880

https://twitter.com/SixGunGibson/status/831654577061572608

https://twitter.com/SixGunGibson/status/831654845941551107

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

New topic: Fedor is absolutely one of the top 5 fighters of all time. Discuss

take that poo poo to the b-league thread

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Make a separate thread for Conor/Floyd because it's loving dumb

Dangersim posted:

No its just dumb

Dangersim posted:

Because he'll make more money fighting conor then he would fighting a random boxer, it's not complicated.

Dangersim posted:

I'll ignore the fact that you are doubting whether Floyd Mayweather wants more money, but just note that this is a way bigger payday then the average boxer...even if your rich it's probably hard to turn down another $150 million.

:cmon:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I said it on twitter, but do Bisping vs Romero for the title and GSP vs Jacare for the interim belt on the same card

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

155? Buddy, the walnuts go into the condom, they don't come out

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dave Branch, the only 2 weight champ that defends both belts, is now in the UFC. Heck yeah.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/831910924315410432

I just hope Moraes and Gaethje jump ship, too

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

tesilential posted:

Like unless GSP has totally revamped his game he is going to be one of the most predictable fighters in the octagon. How much tape is out on him at this point?

There's a lot of tape on GSP, but now everyone thinks his set up to the double leg is to freeze in place for 10 seconds and spin a hoola hoop on his face

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ironic Twist posted:

Who's David Branch's first opponent going to be, my money is on Alvey

While he'd be small as heck at 205, he also wouldn't have to deal with Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Jacare

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

we need this to play on a loop in the background of every ufc thread forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG5995Nsuww

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

savinhill posted:

Has there been any vanity rap projects by a UFC fighter yet, or is any non numetal music involvement frowned upon by the higherups?

On the same topic, I would love if Nate Diaz became a lyrical wordsmith

quite a few fighters have had cameos in rap videos, but Alex Yakovlev had/has a bit of a career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq_HbK0c6sg

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mauro tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU3Udzzs9ng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn6lB8jBJKQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Can someone link CortXbomb rapping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJZBedpbX74

• Locked thread