Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marching Powder posted:

I don't think tj's attacks are more difficult to defend against than Dom's and I can't stop seeing Dom committing to, and whiffing, a dozen strikes in a row.

TJ can throw a straight, unlike Cruz, so that will probably help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

What if you cum, but you do it on purpose, and blast it all over the other guys face, but then he eats it and keeps cumming? Do the new rules cover that? It's going to effect how I bet on a Garbrant/Cruz rematch.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lid posted:

The gently caress?

Good finish, but lovely fight.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Dangersim posted:

Yoel doesn't really gas, but that's because he spends long amounts of time doing absolutely nothing.

I recall him slowing down against Jacare and thought he was lucky it was only a three round fight. He's also never gone past three, but then I don't think Bisping stays awake that long so I guess it doesn't matter.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Foul Fowl posted:

caveat: i really love zombie

i think round 4-5 of his fight with aldo is a really big what-if because he was starting to turn it on at the end of round 3 and aldo is a notorious gasser in the later rounds in fights where he's pressed. zombie is very very good at finishing fights. who knows.

Aldo had just gone five rounds with Edgar the fight before without ever being in trouble. And went five with Lamas and Mendes after.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

I think Conor is better than nate but nate matches up better with Floyd in boxing

None of them actually match up well with Floyd in boxing though , cause they aren't boxers.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

If the fight ever happens (it won't) it will only happen with rules that are most favorable to Floyd Mayweather, because he generates more money per fight than the GDP of some small nations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

I'd watch it because regardless of outcome there is a near 100% chance that a very wealthy egotist would get embarrassed and although I try and be a humble, decent man I still really want to see that because I am a flawed human being. I wish it was because I'm a life-long combat sports fan but it isn't.

It's a situation where both guys will come out much richer and the loser will suffer no career repercussions at all because he's not even a boxer. It's also stupid and pointless and bad for both sports.

Strongly dislike on all levels.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

i get it, and same, but the more i think about it the more it makes sense. conor will lose easily. conor has lost before. conor will make stupid money. conor's career in mma is in no way negatively effected. floyd gets his 50 in a match that makes the berto fight look dangerous and also makes a billion dollars. it makes sense.

If Floyd cared about getting to 50 wins there are plenty over overmatched boxers he could have faught by now, and made 100 million doing it, so I'm not sure why he'd choose to cap off his legacy by fighting a guy from a different sport who just recently got beat up by Nick Diaz.

Plus UFC management will never sign off on any split that Floyd would be happy with.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 15, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Dangersim posted:

Because he'll make more money fighting conor then he would fighting a random boxer, it's not complicated.

If he cared about more money he'd have probably fought in the last year and a half.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

threeagainstfour posted:

Speaking of fights that might actually happen, tony and Khabib is right around the corner.

This post just shredded Khabib's knee.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Dangersim posted:

I'll ignore the fact that you are doubting whether Floyd Mayweather wants more money, but just note that this is a way bigger payday then the average boxer...even if your rich it's probably hard to turn down another $150 million.

Well, I don't think he would get $150 million for one. And he made 32 million fighting Berto, meaning he could make about that much fighting anyone, and yet he hasn't fought in a year and a half, so I conclude that he's not that interested in more money currently.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

tesilential posted:

But Woodley's last couple fights have actually been pretty unpredictable? I thought he would lose to Wonderboy ala Johny Hendricks, but he fought a great fight with an excellent gameplan. I have him winning the rematch.

What about his gameplan was unpredictable given his previous fights? For some reason people thought that the Karate guy who fights with his hands at his waist wouldn't get hit by the guy that closes distance really quickly and throws a blistering right.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

tesilential posted:

Ugh how utterly effective it could be against the best striker in the division. Y'all are acting like wonderboy wasn't a 2:1 favorite and considered the uncrowned champ for like a year and a half prior to the fight.

Woodley beat wonderboy in every aspect of MMA. I didn't see any of you predict that...

I don't think Wonderboy is the best striker in the division and I said Woodley was a tough matchup for him before the fight.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

but in terms of running time a huge proportion of the fight was Wonderboy kickboxing him up from the outside

Wonderboy certainly spends a lot of time doing kickboxing on the outside, but it doesn't really happen to Woodley for most of it, it's just sort of around him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

It's probably financially unrealistic for the UFC to keep every top level talent or prospect in house. They can't get in a bidding war with Bellator for every single fighter of note.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

And, based on the policy shift they've shown in terms of talent acquisition, retentions and release, that's in pretty loving serious doubt.

Why? Who have they lost so far that's cost them significant amounts of money. If you accept on principle that they simply can't win every negotiation then what's the alternative?

I'm also not sure losing prospects to Bellator is the worst thing. If they prove they're worth it the. The UFC will bring them back, if they don't then they won't and no great harm is done.

There's this idea that the UFC must have the best fighters, but we've seen from the WEC and Strikeforce acquisitions that there were a lot of excellent fighters fighting under other banners, and the UFC still continued to grow substantially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I feel like Conor would spend a lot of time getting jabbed while he ineffectively tried to throw his left over the top, and also being taken down and held down.

• Locked thread