Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Got to say I'm a bisping fan which is why it's going to be so bittersweet when Yoel Romero brutally KOs him after cheating a bunch.

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Maia has improved a lot at imposing his game since he lost to Shields and Rory in my opinion, im not sure he wouldnt still lose to those guys though, but he would be a favorite against Nick

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This pic just came up in my fb memories lol

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Thrifting Day! posted:

I have a sore back today after a gym session.

Could someone please explain to me the correct deadlifting process from end to end?

1. Dont do it until youre in your late 20s and have been sedentary up until that point
2. Take steroids because its hard
3. No one knows what happens at this part yet

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Im afraid TKZ is gonna look bad, hes had a really long layoff and his game was always pretty attribute based, he hit hard and had good timing and had a good chin but was pretty wild, that type of guy can really fall off after a long break. Plus Bermudez has looked good lately and is really solid everywhere. I have to think TKZ asked for a hard comeback fight cause they easily could have given him someone less good than Bermudez

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Irony is presenting a toilet in an artistic space, forcing the viewer to grapple with both their preconceived notions of space and meaning and authorial intent. It is not using a toilet in your home.

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Saying that Bisping only beat Rockhold because Rockhold was "stupid" is stupid. He was a bit careless but he didnt do anything drastically different than what he always does, he has a really limited striking game that he gets away with because he hits hard and is a southpaw who can kick, Bisping gameplanned well for him (remember it was on like 2 weeks notice also) and exploited his boxing, if they rematched right now the onus would be on Rockhold this time to make some changes and the odds would probably be about even

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Conor pre aldo fight: not that good actually
Conor now: went 1/1 against nate Diaz at catchweight, beat alleged strikeforce fighter Eddie Alvarez, clearly the best fighter in the world, levels beyond a bum like Jose Aldo.

Thank you for finally acknowledging that you cant tell who the better of 2 fighters is by having them fight each other and one easily beating the other

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Conversely I'm saying you can't tell how good they are in relation to each other by what they've done since fighting each other.

Well... in that case the only piece of evidence we have, suggests, that Conor mcgregor is much better than Aldo :mrgw:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

Even if Conor beats Aldo 10/10 times that doesn't mean he is a better fighter than Aldo imo. Aldo's run at the top was amazing and Conor has a long way to go before he does something like that.

Though I don't agree that Conor is some transcendent being since the Aldo fight now or whatev that dude was saying

I agree im just giving the man Keven a hard time because he usually insists that if 2 guys fight, whoever wins is the better fighter overall, an idea which is very easily disproven

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I will admit that Aldo badly mismanaged his energy in assuming that the fight would be over in seconds, resulting in a serious gas out. However, I think given time to adjust and gameplan, he won't make that mistake again.

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
You cant really compare Conor and Aldos accomplishments. Aldo only has 9 fights in the UFC whereas Conor has 10 in half the time. He fights more than twice as often and fights at all different weight classes, on short notice against bad matchups etc, whereas Aldo only fights when the circumstances favor him and constantly pulls out of fights due to injuries. Conors victories are also usually a lot more impressive -- hes finished 6 opponents in the UFC and Aldo has only finished 2. he has twice as many belts in different weightclasses also. Overall i think Aldo still has time to catch up with Conor's achievements if he works hard, hes only a few years older than him

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dangersim posted:

Which divisions has aldo looked invincible in?

The same one but hes 1 inch shorter so it counts more

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I actually did not hate de Randamie vs Holm as much as you all seemed to, but I think it was a matter of perspective. I went into it figuring that if someone didn't knock the other out, it would probably be the most dire, tepid, unwatchable dogshit I could ever imagine, so it was considerably better than I anticipated (despite Holm's best efforts to meet my expectations in the later rounds.) Even without that, I thought it was better than the Teixeira fight.

I agree, it was actually a decent fight by the standards of Holly holm fights, de Randamie kinda brought out the fight in her except whenever she would start to get momentum she would press against the cage and do nothing for minutes at a time while Greg jackson yelled at her to separate

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Roid tech dot com

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Rigel posted:

The UFC hasn't confirmed it, but ESPN is reporting that Jedrzejczyk will fight Andrade in Dallas at UFC 211 on May 13

Cool

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

david carmichael posted:

How amazing would it be if jase1 gave inri 300 dollars?

this

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Conor vs Floyd is really stupid and i genuinely wouldnt really care to watch it. Most likely i will end up watching it at someones house who duped everyone into pitching in for the $100 PPV but my preferred scenario is I look for an illegal stream at home and its hard to find a good one so instead of watching I jack off to Playboy non-nude edition

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

"There is nothing good or bad, but jacking off makes it so." - Einstein.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

big money big clit posted:

It's a situation where both guys will come out much richer and the loser will suffer no career repercussions at all because he's not even a boxer. It's also stupid and pointless and bad for both sports.

Strongly dislike on all levels.

Yeah there is not much schadenfreude to be had there except the one in a million chance Floyd loses embarrassingly

I think people who were expecting a fun fight would be disappointed, people who expected Floyd to clown on him and look great would be disappointed, people who thought Conor would do surprisingly well would be disappointed, and it would be stupid for everyone except the guys making money off it i guess

Also i still dont think itll happen and its stupid, the way everyones talking about it like its actually gonna happen is unnerving

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Maia would be a good comeback fight for him since stylistically GSP should be pretty safe in that fight and it would tell us a lot about how much he's lost from the time off, they would probably want to do something more gimmicky though. Idk about his chances against the top of the division until we see him fight again

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tesilential posted:

As far as how GSP will look coming back, I've been watching this sport for nearly 2 decades and NOBODY comes back close or better than they were in their prime*. Even Jon Jones is going to look a lot worse when we finally see him again.

He already did imo (took steroids to win a boring decision over OSP who has since lost twice, once to an unranked guy making his UFC debut)

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tesilential posted:

Speaking of old guys making comebacks, am I absolutely insane for believing that BJ Penn matches up well and would have easily beaten Bendo and Gray had Frankie not pulled his card?

I think he wouldve had a better chance against either of those guys than Frankie but i could see either of them taking him down and grinding out a decision

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tesilential posted:

See I don't think they mix up takedowns with effective strikes enough to take down BJ. Frankie did not have an easy time in the first fight and he was absolutely the best technical MMA wrestler at the time. He knew exactly when to fight the hands, bail on attempts, etc. The other guys tend to just pick up their opponent and trip/toss, which I think BJ could have resisted. BJ's weakness is and was angles and I don't think those guys have them.

Remember BJ wrestled the poo poo out of Fitch right after losing to Frankie. I see those two guys being more similar to the former than the latter.

He only wrestled Fitch for the first part of the fight though then got tired which is why it was a Draw, and these presumably wouldve been 5 round fights. And bendo has good conditioning and wouldve had a size advantage over BJ versus Frankie who was smaller than BJ. I think Bendo matches up pretty decently with him in a 5 rounder

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

BJ and Bendo are the exact same height and wingspan. Fitch had an 8cm advantage in both and has wins (against garbage like Shonie Carter and a decrepit Dennis Hallman) at middleweight. Frankie Edgar is small for featherweight and must hate cutting weight a lot.alize

I didnt realize that but I refuse to believe that BJ and Bendo are the same size. BJ has also fought at 205 but i still think Bendo is bigger and stronger than him

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Reading the comments it could be his sister.

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

they look literally identical so dont be choosy

They really do

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

spironolactone is a blood pressure medication that is used off-label to suppress free testosterone levels in the blood. you take it to either suppress natural testosterone or to mask exogenous testosterone. the diuretic effects are a side-effect and probably a distraction from what she was actually taking it for.

a common use of it in women is to treat pcos, and one of the symptoms of pcos is masculinization of the body. given that usada agreed to make the tue retroactive there must be something in her medical record that sold them that she really needed it, so maybe it's possible we've been calling her a roider this whole time when she really has messed up ovaries?

Occams razor says she probably has an ovary disease that she just never brings up as a valid excuse for why she takes steroids, and the other time she got caught taking anabolic steroids was a false flag

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Cybort is finally free to turn down fights again. Thank god.

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Lid posted:

Horiguchi gone, turned down UFC's offer.

drat

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

david carmichael posted:

I forget which guy it was but someone said a company spinning off a division or subsidiary in an IPO to service debt was a made up fantasy, and its fun to know that there are dudes who are so fully online that they have never read a newspaper or had a single conversation with a dreaded normie

Luckily i dont know what that means so i can be pretty sure i wasnt the one who said that, and agree he sounds like a dumbass

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Remember when some guy here was talking about how Conor is dumb because he doesnt know how to file for a C-69 or whatever and revealed that he thinks of peoples intelligence in terms of whether or not theyre an accountant

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lemme know how you segue into that while she's watching Chef's Table and hasn't had enough wine to let you listlessly paw at her while she thinks of the skinny barista with the forearm tattoos.

drat dude

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Ill admit i thought Browne was probably gonna beat Da Black Beast, he used to have a really good chin which let him get away with a lot like when he came back to beat Overeem, but it seems like its fading a bit after getting punched really hard 10000 times in each of his last several fights

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

If Browne had any fight iq at all he could have finished da beast in the first imo. And he took a loving flogging before that freak shot to the crown put him down so I don't know if his chin was going before the fight (though it may well be gone now).

To be honest i stopped watching after the first time he got dropped and Da black beast was on top of him for a bit and then i saw later that browne got TKOd. I agree he really should have finished him after the body kicks

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I bet Travis Browne also doesn't know the difference between CApSA and TERN but I bet he does know the difference between Net (what they trapped him in to bring him to the UFC) and Gross (how he physically looks)

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Where is the evidence of Travis Browne winning?

Remember when he beat Overeem 😂

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dangersim posted:

I think gsp is going to fight mcgregor

Thatd be kinda cool... better than the Mayweather fight at least

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Ditch posted:

Wouldn't it be another boring ground control exercise like GSP vs Diaz, which for some reason people are clamoring to see a rematch of? Conor got taken down by Chad$, who is 20-30 pounds smaller than GSP, doesn't have as good a top game, and doesn't train with Olympic wrestlers.

I'll grant that GSP fights are more likely to be good and cool than Mayweather fights, but in both cases I'm amazed that there is hype for fights that are likely to be really boring and one-sided (GSP vs Diaz 2, GSP vs Conor, Mayweather vs anyone).

Maybe im just lucky but i dont know anyone clamoring for a GSP vs Diaz rematch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Diaz very successfully did to GSP what he does against basically everyone now, which is make the other guy look kinda bad, while losing the fight

• Locked thread