Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"Naomi's like a sister to me. I mean don't get me wrong I'd sleep with her if she let me."

"...I'm glad we had this talk."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

There is a novella called The Churn which is entirely about where Amos comes from, if you guys want to know more. It's pretty good.

He owns since he's basically a nihilist also he grew up in future Baltimore which still sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rM5VyxVHk

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

shovelbum posted:

Am I supposed to like Amos? He seems mostly creepy and horrible

That's not how you spell Asperger's.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Just to note, her voice apparently sounded more or less the same then as it does now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Are there any schematics of the Roci online? It looks way roomier than the few sets would let on for as small as its crew is

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Milo and POTUS posted:

Are there any schematics of the Roci online? It looks way roomier than the few sets would let on for as small as its crew is

I don't have schematics, but the ship is meant to have a crew of a couple dozen or so. I can't remember if that number includes marines.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MizPiz posted:

Just to note, her voice apparently sounded more or less the same then as it does now.

Well looks like I was born couple of decades too late.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toast Museum posted:

I don't have schematics, but the ship is meant to have a crew of a couple dozen or so. I can't remember if that number includes marines.

The marines are the crew, it's just a gunship meant to have a mother ship

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Phi230 posted:

Expanse wiki says the complement is 12+ navy crew plus sometimes six marines, depending on the mission.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I actually just came across that part in the book. 12 plus 6 marines or so.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
When the gently caress is S3 coming out? God loving damnit motherfucking poo poo gently caress.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Delthalaz posted:

When the gently caress is S3 coming out? God loving damnit motherfucking poo poo gently caress.

June 2018 is the earliest I've heard.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

:swoon:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAKJoEO21s0

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress dude, put a NSFW tag on that poo poo

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Phi230 posted:

It's not just a gunship, it's designed to operate independently for extended periods.

That's why it has its own workshop, armoury, and medical facilities.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

tooterfish posted:

It's not just a gunship, it's designed to operate independently for extended periods.

That's why it has its own workshop, armoury, and medical facilities.

Think a Navy Spec Ops submarine. Tiny, hard to find, nimble, and having far more punch than you think it would. With a bunch of the hardest SOBs in the solar system who have cabin-fever and literally want nothing more than to be let loose to gently caress all the things up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Man I feel bad about reading the books because I'm guessing I'm beyond where season three will end, and it's gonna be rough waiting for all of this to hit TV.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Kingtheninja posted:

Man I feel bad about reading the books because I'm guessing I'm beyond where season three will end, and it's gonna be rough waiting for all of this to hit TV.

I've been a big fan of the SFX so far and can't wait to see how they go with some of the later bits.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Kingtheninja posted:

They change things around just enough that I can treat them like separate entities. Kinda like how GoT show went in completely wild directions after passing book 3's content (wisely, knowing book 4 sucked hard).

Not that the two situations are completely analogous, but it does help with keeping interstitial scenes fresh while waiting for the already-spoiled major beats to drop.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/23/16633028/syfy-the-expanse-james-sa-corey-teaser-return-date-watch

April 11th!

:hellyeah:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

:dance:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
But when is the recat? That seems very important.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zebulon posted:

But when is the recat? That seems very important.

They only did that for season 1, didn't they?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

They only did that for season 1, didn't they?

It only happened right before season two, so it makes sense to happen before season three.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

crazypeltast52 posted:

It only happened right before season two, so it makes sense to happen before season three.

Right, i guess herding cats is a process.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Rocksicles posted:

Right, i guess herding cats is a process.

It was worth it.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh gently caress you Scyfy

The season 1 recat is now not available in my country

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
They really don't seem to like anyone international to build excitement. Any Syfy stuff regarding the Expanse comes with geoblocking. All other Syfy poo poo for some reason not. Like what the gently caress. --edit: Oh wait, nevermind, the whole channel is geoblocked.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
any links to trailer for loving canadian scum like me

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Combat Pretzel posted:

They really don't seem to like anyone international to build excitement. Any Syfy stuff regarding the Expanse comes with geoblocking. All other Syfy poo poo for some reason not. Like what the gently caress. --edit: Oh wait, nevermind, the whole channel is geoblocked.

They sell the rights internationally and that probably also applies to promotional content.

Edit: Looks like Legendary Entertainment owns the international distribution rights.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 25, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Redditors say things about cats...

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheExpanse/comments/7pofgm/did_syfy_remove_the_recat_video/

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Link to a page that contains the trailer, if the Canuckistanis still can't see it, holler and we'll find another: http://deadline.com/2018/02/the-expanse-season-3-premiere-date-unveils-trailer-1202301438/

I'll start up a Season 3 thread this week sometime unless someone beats me to it, which is fine.

edit: Also, the trailer shows basically nothing except the cast and Holden talking over it, so if you need an auditory sleep aid...

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Baloogan posted:

It's just a short teaser and they don't really show anything.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

Just replace "youtube" with "youpak" in the link, to bypass any region blocking.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The show is filmed in Canada with Canadian actors and Canadian VFX studios, and we're region blocked from viewing it online. CanCon!

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

uber_stoat posted:

he didn't have his brain modified like scientist man, he turned out the way he is because he had to be that kind of person to survive.

edit:

https://twitter.com/SAghdashloo/status/963874606476963840

This picture of her bears a uncanny resemblance to Masie Williams, IMO.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finally got around to watching the trailer. Pretty lackluster tbh, but I'm still hyped af for season 3. Only prob is I don't have cable did SyFy stream episodes online in any capacity? Ideally free and legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

If you have cable you can stream it legally on your cable provider's streaming service! :v:

(free and legal streaming isn't gonna happen)

• Locked thread