Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Though I can't look at him and not see the love child of Steven Amell and Aaron Douglas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They bleep out a little early so you her say "I know how i-ucking works."

Syfy has been toeing the line since Magicians last year with bleeping profanity.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

OB_Juan posted:

I couldn't tell if Fred was trying to get Dresden to unlock the data, or actually getting on board. Oh well, you brought Miller along.

Getting on board, Fred is a zealot for the cause, Naomi constantly warned about working with him last season.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mu Zeta posted:

I want the drat log on it too. But thanks, I think Amazon has it.

Hrm, they do and the red version is now four times as expensive as the others.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, it's diameter is roughly 125 miles so I don't think it would take much force to chunk it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Smiling Jack posted:

The show actually goes a bit more in depth than the books, there's a big difference between training there, living there, and growing up there, as referenced by the magic bone density pills (which I guess are either hideously expensive or have massive long term side effexts or all the Martians would take them)

It wouldn't be worth it unless you were going to Earth. Bone density is loss is a serious concern of any long term space mission in the current day.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Smiling Jack posted:

Dawes didn't order the attack on the CnC...

Drummer definitely knew Dawes was calling to tell Fred he was out, she tried to get him to take it in his office away from the OPA members.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a Martian invention: Mars has better scientists/tech, but Earth has numbers/brute force. I get the impression that Mars is a little more spartan, with a lot of resources going towards the terraforming project (pet peeve: giant coffee machine just being standard on a gunboat feels really out of place, I feel like the Martians would just use stims and save space). Earth, on the other hand, has all of the old money and tax base to spend on big fleets and surplus labor to crew them up.

If there's one thing the military and big corporations can agree on, it's that free coffee boosts productivity.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

vermin posted:

I wonder if Mars is footing the bill for Ganymede so they can have a greater presence in the Belt than Earth or if they're just doing it because they don't want a war that badly. But asking a question like that borders on asking book people for spoilers.

I would think it's because if Mars is footing most of the bill they can choose the contractors. Someone in Mar's government knows about the protomolecule on Ganymede, either because they recovered a sample from Protogen's burned base or because Mao has his hooks in Martian government too. I think the first might be more likely due to the research moon getting nuked by Mars and the seemingly black ops chaplain chaperoning Bobby.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ATP_Power posted:

Thanks for capping all these clips Platystemon.

Is there one that includes Bobby's face when Avasarela tells the captain to cut the bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Hence the reference to The Tempest's Caliban. In the play you have a half-human entity saying "gently caress you" to the humans; in the expanse you have the half-human half-protomolecule hybrids doing much of the same.

His name is also an anagram for Canibal and, in most reading of Tempest as an autobiography, represents the groundlings or common folk. The dim-witted people easily distracted by pretty sights but incredibly fickle and likely to turn against you the second another option comes along, Shakespeare didn't really have a high opinion of the common folk.

In the centuries since the play was written, Caliban has also become a sort of symbol of colonialism and how the Europeans treated aboriginal people they came across. Enslavement and complete dismissal of their culture and intelligence, pretty much exactly how Mao and everyone else in the series, except maybe Miller, treats the protomolecule.

• Locked thread