Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Tom Janes and Amos continue to be the best parts of this show. I'm slogging my way through the latest book and those episodes reminded me that the series used to be sort of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

One of the coolest things I've seen in a sci fi show in a long time, probably since the first season when the medic's head got blown away

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, things go nuts.

Hold onto your helmets, space fans!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I caught up with this season last night and slogged my way through this thread and here I am now

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Number Ten Cocks posted:

which episode and yo momma joke were your favorites

I skipped the yo momma jokes because they had worse writing than Bobby and her CO and my favorite episode is every one of them because if/when we get to Marcus this show is going to stink like Wookie

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sorri papa, yuor jokes as old as you!

That character is my favorite this season

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

withak posted:

YM "pampaw" HTH.

It honestly didn't help that much, sorry. Report for coffee pot cleaning at 01:00

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Whoever said the marines from the Donnager were a cooler version of marines was right, I remember in the book they start off with like 7 marines when get picked up and one by one the guys at the back start disappearing and Holden is like "Wait, what about John?" and is told "John isn't coming with us."

They were portrayed as grim robots who didn't think twice about giving their lives to the mission in order to buy a couple more minutes for the team. Way cooler than Trust Fund Tammy and doofy Earth guy

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, this guy

is a good Martian. I wonder what caused the change in tone.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

I feel really lovely about improperly identifying Bobby as a buff blond caucasian when I read the books. Sorry about that thread. It's a weird and sobering feeling when you realize how much preconceived notions fill in the blanks on things. Like, I remember the whole first half of the book I thought Holden Caulfield was black.

She is Brienne of Tarth in space.

My "head Bobbie" is a short blond haired Caucasian woman, despite the descriptions in the book, because Brienne is who I think of

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, comparing Bobbie to Miller is absolutely idiotic.

Miller definitely had issues. Asphyxiating that one guy in the airlock to teach him a lesson, executing the lead proto molecule scientist by shooting him in the head even though he was unarmed, had surrendered and was willing to fully cooperate, obsessively hunting down a girl he had never met long after he was taken off the mission (and then fired)... all of these behaviors painted a character with deep flaws.

But he was driven by a strong sense of morality and always tried to do the right thing, even when it put him at odds with people on his team.

"Miller..." croaked Julie, "... you... you're a True Detective..."

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm ok with Holden the character, but that actor is easily the weakest link in the chain when it comes to talent. It would be a bigger issue if the rest of the cast wasn't picking up more than their fair share of the slack.

Holden's character is super vanilla, he's doing fine imo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This season has been disappointing and I'm really surprised it had 3 green-lighted

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

What are you not finding engaging about it? This isn't an accusation, I'm just curious because my best friend has also bounced off of this season after loving season 1 and I don't understand why.

Melodramatic, awkward dialogue, bad acting, and it's usually boring

I'll stick with it because I sort of enjoy the books, but it certainly feels like a Space show now

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don't think people would care enough

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Are you guys arguing spoiler tags or just no spoilers at all? I'm down with using tags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This show is like watching paint dry

• Locked thread