Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watching , just popped in to say "I told him to Stay Down"

Amos... never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo The Rosinante is a carnage machine

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was some serious thing. Couldn't be more pleased, although that Polynesian girl isn't very engaging. No fire.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get on that... That's a money tree right there.

Phy posted:

Those little glowy particles of hull debris from PDC shots slamming into the walls and floor under thrust, loving unf

E: I think President Roslin would have approved of Fred Johnson

The effects are just being crushed.

Belter Force is hilarious.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 2, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ship's getting hosed up and he's just. "I'm up, i got this."

That miller stare down though, that's the fire i was referring to with the other new girl. You can see it with Amos, you get it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can't fake a giant muscle woman, you either compromise or you get bad CG.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah but you're arguing personal taste, in 2000 words.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mastershakeman posted:

I honestly didn't like the ship fight at the end since it seemed like the enemy ship took a nap instead of trying to get an angle on them to use a railgun

You don't know how ship to ship combat works. If you can't see them, you can't shoot them

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Subyng posted:

No I agree with mastershakeman. Yes they were using the station as cover, so why wasn't the stealth ship attempting to maneuver around it to get a clear shot? Maybe it was, but the way the scene was presented it seemed like the stealth ship wasn't really doing anything. Maybe waiting for the Roci to pop out of cover?

Lol let's not pretend that any of us know how ship to ship combat works without rigidly defining a whole bunch of parameters (on that note, check out the game Children of a Dead Earth if you're curious about an actual space combat SIM). But strictly speaking you're still wrong because you can, for example, launch a missile that intercepts a target on the opposite side of a planetary body. But yes, the key point is that in this scene the Roci was using the station for cover, but the stealth ship still seemed a bit too complacent.

You're imagining a very specific weapon to win your point. The missiles those ships fired at the Cant made a hell of a mess

A stealth ships main weapon is stealth, floating around looking to make a oval office out of itself is what it does.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Space battles are always more interesting on TV than they are in real life.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

I really want one of those MCRN mugs. I assumed it was just something from Stanley with a coat of paint but I see nothing like it.

Got your back.

Emsa 180ml City cup https://www.emsa.com/en/products/mobile-enjoyment/thermo-mugs/city-cup/

I think it's the red one thats aged and badged.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kesper North posted:

Would pay real money for a Rocinante coffee cup. Also, nice catch.

My 5 years lurking a props forum, has paid off at last :gay:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks man, i just rolled over that by accident.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fyodor posted:

Hi TVIV this made me laugh and I hope the low budget fun continues:

That's gotta be a total gently caress up... i haven't seen anything that cheap in 12 episodes

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dominique Tipper mentioned that on her twitter earlier this week, went over my head.

Man, I love Thomas Jane. Hung is your Magnum Opus sir.
https://twitter.com/ExpanseSyfy/status/827012257162878978

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 6, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

AlternateAccount posted:

Selfquote, perhaps the lighting in the scene is weird, but I am thinking the one used is the BROWN color, not red:

Confirm/Deny?

Emsa City cup 180ml. According to their website, you can have red, clear or blue.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It doesn't seem like they ever manufactured a brown one.

It's probably just modified. The props forum thing i read was specifically mentioning the red one.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sweet, maybe they have being made different in colours in different countries.

Probably boxes of them being turned into merch as we speak

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why put it in here then you knucklehead? we don't need a red button, when it can easily go in the book thread.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Platystemon posted:

I would expect fewer black eyes. In addition to being harder to punch them while standing, it would be harder to pin them and beat them while they’re down.

Glassings are about equally dangerous since you’re swinging down on someone.

Bar fights might actually be more deadly due to chokings/strangulations. It’s not any easier in low gravity, but it becomes more attractive when a fist fight feels like a slap fight.

Tackles could be interesting. If you got some speed, maybe from launching off a wall, you and your target would go flying.

e: I think you could get like a minute of Ceres gravity in the Vomit Comet. NASA needs to organise a martial arts tournament.

With the muscle loss and bone density, they'd probably have a lot more.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

My point is a lot of complaints in this thread about tactical realism and what not are based on bad science.

Sounds like most Star Citizen threads.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just popped in at the start to say Miller is a tactical genius!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Miller's crack about not sending humans to another star was great.

Tom Jane is the work horse of the show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That whole episode was stunning.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evernoob posted:

I've hated Syfy for almost a decade (After Firefly and SG:U cancellations), but they're slowly winning back my favor.
6 episodes left on my current rewatch.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't get what happened to Epstein, if he died and his ship eventually went ballistic. Maybe i zoned out.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Demiurge4 posted:

His ship maintained a constant acceleration over 4g's for several weeks. 4g's means he weighs 4 times what he does on Earth and since he was Martian born he was already used to a lower gravity so he wasn't able to move. This was a first because the Epstein drive was able to maintain acceleration for weeks or even months at a time when humans were still using chemical drives to do short burns in order to transit between worlds.

He died on the ship and it's still out there, going far beyond the solar system. Earth had a fleet in transit to blow up Mars at the time over a resource conflict and Mars bought peace by giving Earth the drive technology so they also had access to the near infinite wealth of the Solar system and the cold war has persisted until the shows timeline.

Cheers, i know how it works, just didn't see a resolution to what happened

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did you guys catch Wes Chatham on Fighter and the Kid?

He's a total MMA bro. Looks like a top guy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
BSG is awesome, warts and all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Errrr... that's literally exactly what they did.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
when you spend a trillion dollars to harvest a free rock, it's a trillion dollar rock.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Space capitalism at it's finest

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can't wait to see the apprentice FX guy's humdinger this season. There's always one.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crazycryodude posted:

E: Wait this is the Expanse thread not the Aurora LP thread. Still works, though

On Audible i'm listening to The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. It's awesome.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

I love John Carter only because it reunited Marc Antony and Caesar from the HBO show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIe5iDLxeI8

John Carter is a good movie.

Throw your stones.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

shovelbum posted:

Am I supposed to like Amos? He seems mostly creepy and horrible

That's not how you spell Asperger's.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress dude, put a NSFW tag on that poo poo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zebulon posted:

But when is the recat? That seems very important.

They only did that for season 1, didn't they?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

crazypeltast52 posted:

It only happened right before season two, so it makes sense to happen before season three.

Right, i guess herding cats is a process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Redditors say things about cats...

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheExpanse/comments/7pofgm/did_syfy_remove_the_recat_video/

• Locked thread