Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
(Sections directly lifted from KatWithHand's Season 1 OP!)

This thread will contain SPOILERS for Season 1! If you have not finished Season 1, do that first and stick to that thread!

Official Season 2 synopsis: "The story of THE EXPANSE unfolds across a colonized galaxy 200 years in the future, when two strangers – a hardened detective, Joe Miller (Thomas Jane), and a rogue ship’s captain, James Holden (Steven Strait) – become unwittingly swept up in a vast conspiracy to cover up a horrific human experiment. As Season 2 kicks off with interplanetary tensions at an all-time high, the cold war between Earth and Mars is on the brink of an all-out battle."
Official Site: http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse

Double Episode Premiere: Feb 1st 10PM/9PM on Syfy.

The Characters

James Holden
Former almost-XO of the now-destroyed Canterbury. Earther. Now de-facto captain of the stolen Martian frigate Tachi, re-christened Rocinante. Has an overdeveloped sense of responsibility, which may have been permanently triggered by guilt due to being the roundabout cause of the Canterbury's destruction. Fiercely loyal to his crew to a fault.

, alternatively
Josephus Miller
Former Star Helix(private police) officer on Ceres. Belter. A bit of a washout-waste of a cop who's working with a newly discovered strength of conscience. Became slightly obsessed with discovering the fate of Julie Mao, to the point of inadvertent career suicide, burning his goodwill with the OPA and leaving Ceres to inadvertently link up with Holden's crew. Now that he's learned the fate of Julie, he's searching for those responsible for the Eros disaster and bring them to something approximating justice. The hat may very well be gone for good.

Naomi Nagata
Former Canterbury engineer, particularly overqualified and brilliant at her job. Belter. Has a vaguely defined past of working with/for the OPA and doing things she regrets. Seems to be becoming the emotional anchor for the Rocinante, keeping everything grounded and mediating internal disputes.

Alex Kamal
Former pilot of the Canterbury, now pilot of the Rocinante. Martian. Retired low-level pilot for the Martian Navy. Alex is more emotionally affected and sympathetic by the events on Eros, and seems to be a terrible drinking buddy.

Amos Burton
Former mechanic on the Canterbury, now mechanic, meatbus on the Rocinante. Earther. Amos has a very... direct and simple view of the world free of pesky things like abstract morality or conscience. He looks to Naomi for guidance, she's basically his external compass for right/wrong and he defers to her almost completely.

Chrisjen Avasarala
Deputy Undersecretary of the UN, the UN runs Earth. A shrewd and adept politician with a demonstrated propensity for "winning" at high cost, Chrisjen realizes that Mars and Earth are being manipulated into war and is working her own resources to find out who is responsible and prevent it.

Juliette Andromeda Mao
Dead. The misguided and idealistic daughter of a very rich and powerful Earther, Julie was briefly captured by the ship(of unknown provenance) that destroyed the Canterbury, and came in contact with the Protomolecule. She fled to Eros, where she was overcome with the infection and died. Her body was used to obtain samples of the protomolecule to infect citizens of Eros.

Fred Johnson
Former UN military commander who was held responsible for the murder of belters rioting on Anderson station while they were trying to surrender. Left the Earth military to run Tycho Station in the belt and is now a higher level member of the OPA. Also working on building the Nauvoo for the Mormons(?!) Was instrumental in Julie Mao's fate, as he was her OPA contact who sent her after the ship containing the protomolecule.

Bobbie Draper
Martian armored commando. New character for Season 2.

The Places/Factions

Earth - Earth is a comfy place to exist, comparatively. Currently inhabited by approximately 30 billion citizens, the vast majority of which depend on basic government assistance for all material needs and do not work. A job is a rare and precious commodity. Led by the UN.

Mars - Former Earth colony, now independent. An escalation of aggression that took place before the series led to Martian independence and tensions are reduced, but ongoing. Mars is still mostly uninhabitable, but a decades long plan for terraforming the planet into an unspoiled, Earth-like habitat is underway. Mars has a very strong economic and scientific presence in the system.

The Belt/OPA - The asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, with major settlements on Ceres and Eros. Mined heavily for raw materials to support ease-of-life on Earth and ongoing terraforming efforts on Mars. Living conditions are generally terrible and the belters generally feel that they are abused and taken advantage of by Earth and Mars alike. The OPA(Outer Planets Alliance) is a semi-terrorist organization that seeks Belter independence and self-governance. Due to gravitational differences, people raised in the Belt tend to be tall and very slender. The low gravity requires a cocktail of drugs to ward off developmental issues when growing up.

How Do They Eat or Breathe? Any Other Science Facts?
A few bullet points
- The invention of the Epstein Drive means that ships no longer take lengthy circuitous fuel-sipping routes from place to place. Now they accelerate constantly in a mostly linear fashion straight toward the objective, then flip around and burn to decelerate the rest of the way. Travel between places in the show takes hours/days instead of weeks/months.
- Weaponry tends to be still projectile based. Torpedoes, railguns, and plain old bullets.
- Stealth tech is a thing.
- Gravity is simulated through acceleration/deceleration on ships and via spinning stations with people walking on the outer edge of rings with their heads toward the center. Gravity is still much lower outside of Earth, for example it's only about 0.3G on Ceres. Moving between gravitation levels can be hard on people accustomed to higher or lower gravity conditions.
- Good coffee is hard to find.
- The show is generally very highly praised for its adherence to science. Newton's laws are in full effect.

By the end of Season 1, Julie was dead and Eros's citizens had been rounded up into shelters, dosed with the protomolecule, and then bombarded by tremendous doses of radiation to feed it and accelerate its evolution. Monitoring equipment has been set up to document the effects, and while our heroes have identified particular individuals as responsible, the master architects behind the plan and the objective are still unknown.
Miller had met up/teamed up with the crew of the Rocinante to escape Eros. Miller and Holden have been hit with enough radiation to become night lights.
Amos killed an old friend of Miller's who tried to get them to leave on the Rocinante before Holden and Miller arrived.
Now the Rocinante is returning to Tycho station to report to Fred Johnson and enlist help in raiding the station to where the Eros perpetrators have fled.

If you would like this recapped in a video starring cats, that's a thing you can have in your life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivej0OW7WZk

Season 2 episode names/dates. Don't seem particularly spoiler-y, but just in case:

Episode Air Date Episode Name
1 Feb 01, 2017 Safe
2 Feb 01, 2017 Doors & Corners
3 Feb 08, 2017 Static
4 Feb 15, 2017 Godspeed
5 Feb 22, 2017 Home
6 Mar 01, 2017 Paradigm Shift
7 Mar 08, 2017 The Seventh Man
8 Mar 15, 2017 Pyre
9 Mar 22, 2017 The Weeping Somnambulist
10 Mar 29, 2017 Cascade
11 Apr 12, 2017 Episode 11
12 Apr 19, 2017 Episode 12
13 Apr 19, 2017 Caliban's War

Lastly, but not at all least, please be cool about book stuff. Keep it in its own thread. I imagine it's cool to mention things that have already happened and even discuss differences and expound on show happenings as long as you're not spoiling future stuff.

edit: There's a two week break between episodes 5 and 6, which is why some of the lists seem a little weird. No mid-season break, thankfully.

AlternateAccount fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Arthur Bowlsworth posted:

Is that supposed to be 30 billion on Earth?

Yep, I think it's been mentioned at that figure a few times.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Cojawfee posted:

What if Earth is just padding their numbers? Yeah, there's totally 30 billion people in our buildings here, don't bother coming over to check.

Derp. You know you can't trust the Earthers anyway. They're probably grinding up the unemployed to make soylent.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Daktari posted:

So stoked for this. Missus hates scifi, so gotta watch this alone. Tempted to rewatch season 1, but no time if this kicks off tonight

Mine hates scifi, too, but she watches this and digs it. She kind of thought maybe at the end of S1 that she was gonna hafta bail, but the first 2 of Season 2 brought her back.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

flosofl posted:

The Alamo Drafthouse screened the first 2 episodes on Jan 30 at some of their locations.

They also gave us EXPANSE CHOCOLATE BARS. I kid you not.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Casual Encountess posted:

Right but Alamo is positioned to do that. If fathom made more sense financially I'm sure they would've done so

The whole thing appeared to be sponsored by SyFy, who subsidized adult beverages & popcorn for the crowd. Technically, the screening was "free" but you could guarantee a seat with a $5 voucher. I have a feeling SyFy trades publicity for whatever the Alamo can make on food/drink.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Bobbie was a little shaky for me too, but by the end I guess I did buy into the idea that she's just so drat angry and ready to murder.

What did Alex say when they flipped around behind the stealth ship and started perforating them? My brain remembers it as "Surprise, cockfags!" but I am sure that wasn't it.

Also, there was a lot more profanity in the unedited Alamo presentation. Avasarala's "I know how it loving works!" was a pretty big shock. What did they do for broadcast?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

grilldos posted:

You will surely find out, and there were some hints as to why, but not done nearly as well enough as in the books.

I assume that they are some kind of "less lethal" suppression rounds designed to just incapacitate? But I don't remember seeing anyone that would need that except the cracked-out people in the chairs. And what exactly were THEY doing?
Big station though, maybe there's a bunch of protomolecule zombies elsewhere?

Fister Roboto posted:

Spoilers: the Expanse is actually a prequel to Laser Moon Awakens.

Everyone watch this, Auralnauts is/are awesome.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

KatWithHands posted:

The sheer scope of merch SyFy should have available by now is ridiculous, way beyond t-shirts and mugs. (Because $30+ for a t-shirt on Redbubble? The gently caress outta here.) I would end up in the poor house, but I'd be surrounded by awesome Expanse bullshit.

I was too busy getting married last year during the Overwatch craze to get any done, but I might make some PUR KLEEN shirts or something. What else would be good? Drop me a PM with suggestions.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Mu Zeta posted:

I really want one of those MCRN mugs. I assumed it was just something from Stanley with a coat of paint but I see nothing like it.

Man, good luck finding one of these mugs in the US for less than $rape. I'm still looking, but they are a German company without much presence over here.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

AlternateAccount posted:

Man, good luck finding one of these mugs in the US for less than $rape. I'm still looking, but they are a German company without much presence over here.

Selfquote, perhaps the lighting in the scene is weird, but I am thinking the one used is the BROWN color, not red:

Confirm/Deny?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Toast Museum posted:

The bigger goof is that docking acts like an on switch for gravity, even though the Roci is already matching the motion of the ring in order to dock with it.

I have to go back and check, but I don't think they're pointed the right way for the apparent gravity to be in the direction of the ship's floors, either.

Agreed, but there's some speculation on how the floors are arranged. I guess in the books it's more clear that the floors are more vertically arranged like a big tall office building? Doesn't seem like the rocinante works that way, but maybe it does.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Eiba posted:

Ooh. So the real error could be the way it's cut. Assuming they did all the maneuvering before cutting to Miller, he could more or less have ended up in that position while they were drifting into position for the final clamping. In fact he could have ended up with all his stuff floating around like that as the result of minor accelerations messing with him. I guess he and his shoes should have been drifting a bit more, but otherwise the scene is just cut wrong by putting that final acceleration between two shots of Miller just floating.

It could totally be fixed in editing that he's zero-g while the ship reorients for braking/maneuvering and then comes back under acceleration and he hits the ground and then they dock.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Rocksicles posted:

Emsa City cup 180ml. According to their website, you can have red, clear or blue.

Yeah but no one in he US sells the brown ones I can find. :(

Even the red ones seem unavailable.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Rocksicles posted:

It doesn't seem like they ever manufactured a brown one.

It's probably just modified. The props forum thing i read was specifically mentioning the red one.

There's definitely a brown one. Just hard to find.

http://ramabo.com/emsa-coffee-city-cup-02-l-brown/14603707-2808224457

Right?

I kinda think the red one would look "better" tho.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Collateral posted:

It's AQUA not agua. As in the Latin for water. :colbert:

Really? It sounds a lot like a G when he yells it. No other Spanish in the show tho...

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Need a better thread title anyway. Suggestions go.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I'm alive, I just normally can't watch on Wednesday so I avoid spoilers pretty hard. Can't actually figure out how to change the thread title, just the post content. What am I missing?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

VagueRant posted:

For those curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0C-lSj2VPU
(I guess spoilers for the next episode? Not sure on the rules there.)
Seconded.

New nitpick: One of the points of having two keys to set off a weapon is to put them physically far enough apart that two people have to act to make it happen.

EDIT: I love this show because I showed this promo to MY WIFE who basically has no appreciation for anything scifi or horror at all, and she just said, "I love this show." I will always love the Expanse because we can watch this together instead of me having to sit through sentimental tacky crap like THIS IS US.

HERAK posted:

I really would like to read the documents fron the original rpg that they played. It would make an excellent coffee table book once the book series is finished.

100x this. OK, Eros rolls a Dexerity Save, SUCCESS.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

NmareBfly posted:

Yo you can spoiler poo poo like that you know.

Yes, for gently caress's sake STOP BEING DUMBASSES ABOUT SPOILERS. Goddamn.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm sorry for revealing that something doesn't happen. I'll be more careful about that in the future.

[spoiler]Miller doesn't turn into a magical unicorn.[/spioler]

Fix your post earlier.

I refuse to believe you're too dumb to realize that posting things like "______ DOESN'T DIE" or "_______ IS NEVER EXPLAINED" or whatever isn't spoilery.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Baronjutter posted:

Tomorrow? Tonight? Some time. I feel like I'm in the fuckin' slow zone.

Vinge reference? Nice.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
And yeah, this is midseason break. Two weeks to wait :[

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

gohmak posted:

Can we get a "Doors and corners kid" title change to honor Miller?

Do I just PM a mod for this?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

counterfeitsaint posted:

Cause the OP said so. Did he abuse his position of trust? Are these claims of a new episode tomorrow just alternative facts?

Weird, some source I originally found said that there was a split and tonight would be no new ep. Apparently that's wrong. Yay?

edit: OP added to reflect new dates and revealed titles. Somnambulist means sleepwalker, I think, btw. It also looks like MAYBE there's a week gap now before episode 10 and the final 3 hours? Dunno for sure.

AlternateAccount fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 1, 2017

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Eiba posted:

I want to laugh at the people who incorrectly call out physics mistakes, but it actually just makes me sad that people watched that scene and thought "she should have exploded" or "she was moving wrong" instead of just being horrified by what was actually happening. It was a really hosed up, really good scene.

The show doesn't always get it right, but people seem quick to call it out for not looking the way they think it should, when the show often takes pains to make things accurate, even at the cost of looking the way people expect. (Most of the time. See the size of Jupiter as a counterexample that I'm personally very willing to forgive.)

It's best to watch this show with a not-nerd. I do, and she was totally horrified by the spacing scene. Also, she stated early in the hostage/nuke thing that if Fred Johnson died she was done with the show, which was hilarious.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Fister Roboto posted:

Alternatively you could stop being a huge baby and just read the books.

gently caress this attitude. You're a dick.

There's a whole book thread where you can literally discuss anything. How hard is it to NOT say something in this thread regarding the books if it's not come up in the show yet? Spoiler: it's not. You assholes just get a semi from ruining poo poo for others.

Be cool. Goddamn.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
It's perfectly reasonable for people to post book stuff REALLY CAREFULLY with an over abundance of spoiler tags, if it gets at all into things that aren't revealed. Some people have definitely demonstrated that. There are always a few assholes who just refuse to get it.

I will fall back on: "...it's cool to mention things that have already happened and even discuss differences and expound on show happenings as long as you're not spoiling future stuff."

I think a general rule of not specifically discussing upcoming events from the books is fair? I think most people who want to know book things just want to know MORE about stuff they've seen on the show or about how things were modified.
This prevents spoilers and still lets us get into book stuff relatively safely. I can't see how there's any value in revealing upcoming plot points from the books in this thread. There are other places to get that info if someone wants it.
Certainly willing to discuss how that's too restricting if someone thinks so.

AlternateAccount fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 23, 2017

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

NmareBfly posted:

I mentioned that post because it was quite plainly something that hadn't happened in the show yet. I don't think I'm being overly emotional about it; part of the point was to show how easily innocuous things can be spoilers. If I had posted it I would have used spoiler tags, and I think it was impolite not to do so. The rubric should be 'if it wasn't on screen and probably will be in a future episode, I should use spoiler tags.' That's all I was saying. I don't want to digress into a dumb spoiler slapfight so I'll leave it at that.

I quite liked Holden loving everything up worse by trying to help.

I didn't like Prax's two lines of dialog about Ganymede having a magnetosphere and people going there to gestate because of it. As a concept and part of the setting it's one of my favorite bits, but it felt clumsily handled dialog-wise. It's a snippet of exposition explained to people in-world who already 100% know it and have known it all their lives, so it didn't land well for me. I love the Actual Science things to bits, and I wish we had more downtime on Ganymede earlier to talk about it and Prax's life pre-shitstorm. Like, drop the factoid about the magnetosphere in a background video while someone's riding a tram or something, I dunno. You could have an infographic of the friendly magnetic force field bouncing Jupiter's radiation and leaving behind a host of happy children in a scene at the daycare? I guess filming a couple bits in Ganymede prior to the disaster would have been mighty expensive, though -- why build a pristine daycare set for one scene when you know you're just going to set fire to it?

Also they've talked a lot about the refugee crisis and food shortage but it's odd that lot of people denigrate Ganymede as 'a farm' when the place is theoretically chock full of pregnant ladies and the disaster might have hosed up a whole generation of kids being raised there.

A good post.

And yeah, when there's not even an attempt to lampshade awkward info dumps like that, it pulls me right out, too.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Subyng posted:

I felt like this was the weakest episode of the entire season so far. Like...nothing really happened.

But Weeping Somnambulist is an awesome name

Holden was running out of things to mope about. Phew, close one.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Demiurge4 posted:

I would have liked Alex to be older like he is in the books. I get why you can't have an old pot bellied hero in today's television world but one character wouldn't have made the show any less than it is.

Totally could get away with it, especially with the SPACE TEXAN angle. It would be hilarious. But current Amos is pretty great on his own, so eh. If some point in this show isn't a magical moment where someone gifts Alex a proper antique Stetson, a great opportunity will be missed.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i really like amos's arms

Amos is also a little older in the books, and bald. But yeah, Amos reminds me to hit the gym every week, so hopefully I can find an excuse to wear a jumpsuit and hopefully have it work that well.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Cojawfee posted:

Did they not have enough of the suits or something? Surely they could have grabbed some non speaking extras. The dialog makes it seem like there were more people. "We formed a line" doesn't sound all that impressive when it's just 4 people standing 10 feet away from each other.

The show doesn't really highlight what a technical marvel the suits are as a multiplier. Think less "people in hardshell armor with mounted guns" and more "40K space marine" level dangerous. Except the armor is very slimline and lets you move and get through relatively tight spaces easily. Apparently in a later book, a suit of armor eats a tank round to the faceplate and survives.
And the monster is hit with literally thousands of 2mm rounds which just pass through and have zero effect. You'd think they'd blow enough little tiny bits of the monster away that eventually just loss of mass would be an issue.

Also, I just finished the second book, and I'd recommend them to anyone who's a fan. The show is... well, better, but the books fill in a lot and still definitely manage to be interesting on their own.
Seems fairly impossible to finish the second book in two episodes, but there's a pretty obvious spot that would be a good cliffhanger, so get ready for that.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Snuffman posted:

I'm starting to wonder where this season is going to end book-wise.

Are they going to cut Prax's Go-fund-me campaign storyline and go straight to Io? I kind of hope so. The Kickstarter storyline was pretty dumb.

The cliffhanger is going to be BOOK SPOILER HOLY poo poo, IT'S ON THE SHIP.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Crazycryodude posted:

To me at least the episode title "The Monster and the Rocket" is the obvious place for that to happen, and that's only the second-to-last episode. Still hoping against hope that the season cliffhanger is gonna be that line I mentioned earlier.

I dunno, might be right, but here are some pretty vague descriptions that could point either way:

12 Apr 12, 2017 The Monster and the Rocket
A discovery pushes Naomi and Holden apart and sets the Roci crew against each other.

13 Apr 19, 2017 Caliban's War
The Roci crew must fight to save the ship.

A picture from:

Not sure, that could be the station on IO just as easily as the Roci cargo bay.

Not sure what the DISCOVERY would be or what would lead to internal fighting.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Number Ten Cocks posted:

The discovery will be Mei is alive on Io, along with many protomonsters. Holden will want to nuke it from orbit anyway, its the only way to be sure.

Actually, (TV only speculation): Holden could instead discover Naomi didn't destroy that bit of protomolecule. Not sure why it would come up now, except that scientist dude has been floating around since his escape from Tyco with some ability to sense it. Dawes is due for an appearance.

Oh yeah, that's probably right. Not sure what resolution that would actually have that would be meaningful though. The only time it really has any real stakes is if it falls into someone else's hands or if it was actually the sample used to create the Ganymede type monsters. Not sure the timeline supports that though.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
And even in the books, Naomi is kind of an emotional idealist. She needs a cause or something. When Holden starts to go all cold, it really unsettles her and she loses her focus.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Phi230 posted:

Holden's 100% character change re: the protomolecule is dumb and wish t hey stayed in line with the books, where at sighting the PM on Ganymede he just flips out and wants to get off the planet ASAP instead of being a retard and grumbling "time for some huntin"

A panicky ABORT ABORT ABORT GET THE FUUUUUUUCK OUT would have been more fun.

Does Holden not know that a great many well trained and equipped marines got shredded by one of those?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

NZAmoeba posted:

Maybe picking up a tiny pinprick of heat across millions of kms is hard? And especially distinguishing that from a random rock floating about in space.

The technology literally exists today. A network of decent digital cameras and some software to run comparisons will find nearly anything.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Looks like I nailed it on the finale, and looks like we'll finally get a real good look at ole blue eyes.

edit: Also, weird. Looks like the Arbogast doesn't undergo the EXPLODING DIAGRAM effect around Venus.

Waiting for all those MYTHBUSTERS memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

radical meme posted:

Has anyone read the novels, are they worth picking up?

I am a bit into Cibola Burn, and while I enjoy the books, the show is better. I can't think of a single sequence in the books that's superior. It's good because there's more of the things you dig, but doesn't necessarily add more clarity or context.
I'm failing to think of another adapted TV series where the books are a deeper dive, Game of Thrones maybe? This is not like that.

• Locked thread