Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

Lots of brown-nosing opportunists find their way to important places without actually being relevant.

Pence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Any idiot can drive, it takes a trained dumbass to fly sky coffins.

I doubt they'll be locking the columns of those mil vehicles they park in the streets, but just in case, take bolt cutters.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yes. I had a south park challenge coin I found in Korea when I moved into my barracks room. Long gone now though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Of course he didn't carry them, they're on a dolly in the picture.

Horse man needs to save his muscular strength for mother.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Does that store sell san pedros and peruvian torches?

Because you can make some good mescaline out of those.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh I'd just take those cacti for a ride and set them "free". Free to roam about my kitchen until I can boil them down.

Lowe's or Home Depot usually has them for the spring plant season too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I hope tim pool breaks his neck trying to suck his own dick for his poscast audience.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pepperballs are hilariously expensive too. Like $2 apiece.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
DCUs ruled, no question, especially compared to the grandma's couch camouflage the ACU turned out to be.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Could you imagine someone complaining about hippies in 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That mustache isn't regulation either. He just can't grow in the sides of the goatee, from mustache to chin fuzz.

Poo-lice that moo-stache.

AT-4 moron (AT-4on) makes me glad I made a bong out of my LAW tube.

I should take it to a protest once I fix it and walk around smoking out of it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've been so lazy about fixing it. Now that my project pistol is wrapping up, I should fix the law bong. There's just so much chamber space, it takes a lot more lung than I have now to clear it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

(Ignore the cat box, please)

Where the downstem goes in. Last one was glass.

It needs a fair deal of attention paid to the front, permanently set a metal downstem, at least it won't shatter when the bong tips over again.

Sometimes it shows up in peculiar places.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 2, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, there's no way I could clear it now either. I could tear it apart again and make a smaller chamber, but :effort:. Probably be a great way to kill a bag of bottom shelf while walking along in a march though. Covid ruins the fun of taking a bong to a public function.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That tweet just made me click the order button on a Crye JPC 2. Sure do wish I could find a rifle that isn’t a $700 .22 or in some weird caliber.

We are in for some weird and bad poo poo soon.

I was in a few local gun shops around the Springs yesterday. Still guns on the shelves. More lever and bolt actions than semi-autos. Revolvers still in stock but limited semi-auto pistols. No common handgun ammo though, I think I saw .32ACP and poo poo like .50AE, some .45 colt. Definitely saw a few $1k ARs in the shops though.

I've been stocking up recently on rifle, revolver and .22lr ammo. My little stockpile is a slightly more comfortable now than two weeks ago. I still haven't drug my rear end out to a range to zero the rifle/scope yet. Probably do that when more of its' ammo shows up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

And the shells his factory made for the Nazis worked, dammit

I don't remember this, but I remember the Flying Hellfish episode.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Groverhaus is like, goatse of the forums. You know you've been here (or the internet in general) too long if you recognize groverhaus (goatse) and smile.

It's so much better than the old "stairs/protected" bullshit inside joke.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I hope Lindsey gave her the covid.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well yeah. He needs babies to be born so he can feast on the poor ones that would otherwise wind up in an orphanage.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Every range I went to after boot was an utter clusterfuck, period. I shot expert on m16 after boot, so I was the shop guy that shot next to the ulls clerk when I "wanted more practice" and it was closing in on dusk because gently caress being at the range with a flashlight picking up brass because someone can't even make marksman.

Then they gave me a saw and I "qual'd" on it shooting into an old jet bunker at Anaconda. Absolute shitshows every single time.

Probably why I'm hesitant to go to a civilian range around here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I don't think any of us are free from jacking it in a porta shitter

Not even once.

In the corner of the maintenance tent on night shift over a trash can? Sure. Just couldn't keep it up in a tube of poo poo fumes, and I'm alright with that.

Meanwhile, burnt gear oil and spilled diesel fuel....

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wild Tiger is available on amazon and ebay now, btw.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The gently caress is up with the blue hoses around dude in the back right? Carrying a half dozen knockoff camelbaks?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wonder if Chowdown is still alive and enjoying retirement.

But a life led on PX hotdogs isn't exactly a long one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress yea, drive on, Chowdown. May your inevitable hot dog influenced heart attack be swift and painless.

:patriot:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably a bunch of dumb questions.

Likely we'd all be disappointed by some angle of the discussion. We don't know if he's a trumper or some variety of conservative, though statistically, it's pretty good odds he'd make a hot take or three.

I'd hope for the best of any thread but that don't meet your heroes saying exists for a reason. I'd also really hope he's chill and understands the bend of the forum, but realistically, that's reaching.

I'd definitely ask what rank he retired so we can establish if it's supposed to be SGT, SSG, SFC, MSG, etc, Chowdown now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, he might be chill then.

Then again, he could be a sword cult member.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I know I saw it at Fort Campbell at a px shopette barbershop gas station mess of a building. 2004-6ish. Probably in Korea too, the PX at Humphreys was new when I got there, that's about around that period of time.

If he was air force, it was before the uniform change they did around the same time as Marpat and ACUs were coming out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know about the dumb sword, but is this actually a real thing?

If it's dumb, it gets traction with servicemembers.

I mean, every PX everywhere has a guy hocking poo poo about family crests and shields, and there are people who buy into it with every penny they have. I don't know how legitimate their services are (probably not very), but there's inevitably enough white morons who think they're (insert heritage country) nobility and buy loving scroll, crest, shield and sword sets to support at least one salesman per base.

The money probably comes from what's left after their 29% interest camaro payments.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ASAPI posted:

The family crest guys are using a random generator for their poo poo. I know this since I have a fairly uncommon last name with specific history. When they presented my families "history" and their "crest" I laughed.

That's kinda what I figured. My family history is pretty wandering and hosed up, so I didn't bother, but I knew a couple guys that fell into it.

My last name is more common among black families than white, and isn't the name used back in the old countries, so I probably would have gotten some Prince of Zamunda poo poo until the salesperson realizes later that I'm lily white.

I wonder if anyone has gotten a "history" from them that included Wakanda.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

the legend of groverhaus extends far beyond this forum

i know the Well There's Your Problem crew did a whole episode on it

One or more of them are goons.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's not even finished, so someone can let their inner grover go wild when the move in.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Japan got on this in their fashion last decade.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm glad they all have something they enjoy and share doing, especially when stuck in training. That curmudgeon can gently caress himself with a cactus.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA26qeLJ2Ug

Lol, piece of poo poo deleted the tweet.

E: there should be a military cover of that song. Grab an acapella singer from each branch and mix it over deployment footage.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't ID any of those but are any of them the Moskva that sank a few months ago?