Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Missionary Positron posted:

I miss the days when conspiracies revolved around cool poo poo like the secret human/alien base in Dulce :(.

EDIT: I mean, Dulce had everything: a secret underground base run jointly with aliens, firefights between Delta Force & the Grays, human alien hybrids etc. . The list is endless.

So, which came first, OG Deus Ex or the Dulce conspiracy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

:trumppop:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/Reflog_18/status/851452978104082434/photo/1

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I don't want to poo poo up the CE thread with this, so the political picture thread seemed like the best place.

Somebody made a highlight reel of bad choices in the latest tell-all book about the 2016 Clinton campaign. Excerpts are from "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign." Mostly based off interviews with staffers. Thanks to the lovely nature of twitter, you'll need to click the link and scroll way up to see the start of this.

https://twitter.com/garbagekate/status/856656608868225025/photo/1

It's terrible decisions all the way down, without any self-doubt whatsoever.

Also, :lol: at the serious discussion around using "Because It's Her Turn," as the campaign's actual no-poo poo slogan, after nobody was able to articulate a reason she wanted the presidency beyond naked lust for power.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-on-the-new-book-that-brutalizes-the-clinton-campaign-w477978

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Kawasaki Nun posted:

wow that twitter user wants tips for taking pictures of a book they didn't write? for "Emotional labor"? is this the bernout contingency that people used to talk about?

Oh my god is that what they wanted money for? I kind of skim over people begging online, but that's 100% purestrain online leftism.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

:chanpop:

That writer deserves to survive the purge.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/LyntonSpins/status/871159156581052416

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/883535374265360384

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Zuck moving away from the presidency, everybody breathe a sigh of relief.

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/885683063484669952

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I would vote for Zuck if he campaigned on that ultimate power platform. At least it would be honest.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The Onion: Priebus Grateful He Had So Little Dignity To Begin With

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Stetsons worn over PPE :cripes:

Your obvious jealousy is unbecoming.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

In WWII, the US put out a whole series of posters to identify soldiers of the Allied powers and tell GIs that those were good guys so please don't shoot them.

Sometimes, I think we're not actually in the darkest reality, because at least we still have batshit crazies to laugh at.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

How quickly things change.

My old NCOIC has been slobbing Trump's knob ever since the election. Every day, he shares obviously biased pro-Trump "news," which is usually completely counterfactual.

But not today. Acting to maybe, possibly, avert future crippling government shutdowns? Burn the heretic!

lol

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Click the link and read the next few "transcripts"

Shoot, I never ever follow twitter links. Thanks for pointing this out. Pro click.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

According to dopamine release within the brain, Toto's Africa is the best song ever

Edit:

Scratch Monkey posted:

it's pronounced "tot-owns"

Col Kurtz posted:

We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to draw dicks in the sky because it's obscene!

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 22, 2017

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

This owns so hard.

Time to see how many shitheel facebook friends I can lose by posting it to their "Heritage Not Hate" memes.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The moment TOP COP was born.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I love when people who have clearly never ever read 1984 try to reference it.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Punctuation fails will never not be funny among ARE COUNTRY types.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

All I can think about with these incels is how loving repulsive you'd have to be to have had sex less than me, a pathetic shriveled husk of a man.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

lol

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I've taken to responding enthusiastically to my right-wing facebook "friends" in a manner completely opposite their dogwhistles.

It's fun. Waiting to see how long it takes for them to unfriend me.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I don't know what a heart attack feels like, but I assume it's similar to the first day back from deployment when you reach for your weapon and it isn't there.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I don't remember that scene in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Not many things on these dead forums still make me laugh, but godDAMN.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

That poor, brave Pueblo captive.

Message received, sailor.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nystral posted:

Is it common for dress uniforms to have so many god drat ribbons?

Doubly so for the USAF. Other branches have badges for marksmanship, stripes for longevity, etc. The Air Force uses ribbons for drat near everything, so we look like third world dictators.

It was previously mandatory, but the Air Force just changed the rules to allow us to wear some, all, or none of our ribbons. Nowadays if you see an airman with a million ribbons, it's his personal choice to look like a dork.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

As Nero Danced posted:

he got a 7 on the asvab.

:stare:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

I legit don't understand how you can score single digits. Who ties your shoes?

:haw:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

My favorite in the type one era Navy is being forced to wear one of two models of steel toed boots approved for shipboard wear to the office.

Because you never know when you'll have to fight fires while discussing medical history with patients.

That's weird as poo poo. I had steel toe boots I kept at my desk for heavy maintenance work, but I just wore sneaker-weight ultralights the rest of the time.

I always assumed the Air Force had the least common sense of the DoD, but I guess I learn something new every day.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Really?!

Have you not been in a joint command?

I was, but it was a SOF outfit and they kind of did their own thing. I was impressed by how not-lovely NCOERs were compared to EPRs.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah the skin existed for years, and was worth fairly little, until yesterday when a weapon that looked like it was used to kill 50 people in their house of worship.

:capitalism:

People are gross

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I remember when the new CO came over the 1mc to complain about how weak the crew was after a rash of suicide attempts. SWOs are quite the community.

How often do officers get thrown overboard?

I feel like I would see it on the news, so the answer is "surprisingly infrequently."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1112361328881082368/photo/1