Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I'm more curious about how badly Afgan Stan had to gently caress up to merit being sent to Rabor A, which sounds like some kind of soviet penal colony.

FREE AFGAN STAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Service academies love dressing cadets in dumb caricatures of old-timey uniforms for some reason. Probably kickbacks to uniform companies.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I do love the implication that hauling a single 400 pound crate on his back up 30 flights of stairs is the only possible way to do it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Of course it would have a compensator on it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The General Sherman has a killer flame spray job.

So a Pinto?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

That's up there with "Airplane would have difficulty maintaining altitude after running out of fuel" from the MH370 headlines.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

KirbyKhan posted:

Halfway through the article and it is more banal than I could have imagined. She wrote this cuz no one was eating her potato salad and she MAD.

Edit: AHAHAHAHA SHE BRINGS UP TIDE PODS

It's a parody, right? Right???

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Well it's no scalp, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

So anyway, that was the last time I visited the food court after dropping acid.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
In fairness, you get in trouble for misplacing a fighter jet too.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
The suppressor on the end is inaccurate now that the dog whistles have been swapped for regular whistles and megaphones.

e: like, after this kind of poo poo he could literally call the border wall a "final solution" to immigration and these fuckwits would still openly cheer him on.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056879122348195841

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nystral posted:

What happens if you commit to 8 years but fail out of Flight School? You’re spending your 8 years playing golf and pushing papers?

I can't speak for the Air Force, but for the Navy that commitment only kicks in once you get winged. If you fail out before that, you can often redesignate to a different community like supply or Intel, or sometimes they'll just let you leave. I have a buddy who failed out on the last training event before getting winged, like two years into flight school, and the Navy was entirely prepared to let him just walk away and go into the civilian sector.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

holocaust bloopers posted:

Lol yo gently caress that. So you’re basically a professional bitch?

Yup. Rated/designated means you're trained and billeted to do a specific type of job, like electrician, cook, SEAL, admin, whatever. Most enlisted sailors are rated, and it's the only way to advance past E-3. If you don't have a rate specified in your contract when you join, or you fail out of that rate's training, you usually end up undesignated.

Undesignated means you're just a general purpose "seaman". Unsurprisingly this means you get to do a lot of painting, sweeping, mopping, standing guard duty, and all the other bullshit that nobody else wants to do. Eventually you can strike for a rate and go into that career field, but until then you're generally stuck in whatever division needs dumb muscle.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

moths posted:

Gone in 14 Words

Popular quote: "When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some racist poo poo."

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Neither do fighter jets.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

mlmp08 posted:

I was in a unit that gave NCOs Union Cavalry sabers and a stand as their going away gift. Had exactly one NCO ask for the confederate equivalent. Of course the answer was “hell no.”

Kind of a missed opportunity there.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
https://twitter.com/therealmsfierce/status/1285044628107014147

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

A Bad Poster posted:

Very clear what demographic they are targeting with those, and I don't think that I would be very afraid of a fat 70 or 80 year swinging it around

The "I was just practicing with them and I slipped and fell right on top of it, doctor, honestly, can you please just get it out and also don't mention this to my wife" demographic.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Elmnt80 posted:

So 2016 doesn't count for ???reasons???

No, it counts, it was just three and a half decades ago.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
https://twitter.com/ZackBornstein/status/1301000651535646721

Those shoes are doing some heavy lifting in more than one sense.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Toshokan posted:

What is a "Torah observant Christian?"

I'll take a wild guess that he's in favor of killing gays.

And yet it seems from his Twitter picture that he cuts his sideburns. Does the Army dress uniform jacket use a blend of fibers?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Just imagine what the cheese spread can do.

e: probably can just replace the C4 outright.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
A couple days late on this but whatever.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
The carrier appears to be the George HW Bush specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Madurai posted:

The ones from the mid-Cold War have all those spiky bits and are very photogenic, after all.

Yeah, the Flanker is a beautiful jet, I can't really blame them for putting it everywhere.