Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Zephro posted:

Why are catheters so thick, then? Wouldn't a thinner version be less uncomfortable?

Enquiring minds want to know

It'd have to have a certain sturdiness to allow it to be rammed up your knob, I imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Pochoclo posted:

Welp, passed without any amendments. This is gonna hurt.

The amendments come in at the Report stage, which hasn't been reached yet, and the Lords can attempt amendments too.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Brace yourself, people. I fear we may be about to learn rather too much about Nigel Farage's "living arrangements"

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

HJB posted:

Interesting that it's the Daily Mail who have turned on him. The top comment, which is anti-Brexit, even has more upvotes than downvotes.

It's a Mail on Sunday story. Different editor (who by all accounts loathes Paul Dacre), but a shared online platform.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Well, this is all very depressing. I suppose it's too much to hope that the Lords will decide to go out in a blaze of glory in order to stop this madness?

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

For gently caress's sake, it's hard to imagine how Labour could have played this worse than they have. It's not just the whipping over the last few days - it's the complete failure of the responsibilities of Opposition since the referendum campaign started. Corbyn and his dismal band of acolytes - and the £3 former Nick Clegg fans - have failed the working people of this country - handed it over to the very worst of the Tory Right. Brexit is going to be sooooo much fun for the most vulnerable in this country.

He should hang his head in shame. Stupid, lazy, useless oval office.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

TheRat posted:

Dont sign your posts

Yeah, gently caress off. On Friday I'm going to have to explain to people why the food bank can't give out the usual parcels, and why from next week we won't be able to give out any, because the last source of funding has dried up. You think austerity has been hard? Wait until you see what happens when the whole economy falls off a cliff.

I am Jeremy Corbyn and I support the Tories in voting for utter economic chaos.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

TheRat posted:

Yeah this is definitely all because of Corbyn. Your anger is 100% correctly placed and you're not being an insufferable cock.

Of course it's not all on Corbyn. He has completely and utterly failed to mitigate loving anything that the Tories - with a very small majority - have done though. I suppose he's still playing 11-dimensional chess or something though.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

sebzilla posted:

...Capitalism?

Yeah, obviously. Don't mind me, I'm just not looking forward to Friday very much.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

So we trigger article 50 and get to the important part. Seeing what the negotiations produce, trying to get better deals out of the ruling party and holding them to account for the next election when it (most likely) all goes tits up.

Assuming the Lords can't change anything, there's not going to *be* any opportunities to get better deals out of the ruling party.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Prince John posted:

I disagree with your political point, but just wanted to send you best wishes for Friday. I've been in a similar situation so can sort of relate.

Thanks, I think there's lots of us in the same boat. There's a fall back position where we'll be able to offer very cheap freshly cooked meals - a pound for two courses kind of thing - but the kitchen isn't big enough to do that for large amounts.of people, and it's not the solution anyway. Hey-ho, there was me thinking a few years ago that corporate IT work was complicated.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

I think I'll be in the entire eu's interest to negotiate an orderly brexit, however long that takes.

Hopefully this is true. It's a big old game of international shifting-powers Kerplunk at the moment. I hope there are some steady hands around.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

WeAreTheRomans posted:

This would have been better in BASIC

10 PRINT "THOSE WERE THE DAYS ";
20 GOTO 10.

The semicolon is key here.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

JFairfax posted:

America is a bit strange, they have the pledge of allegiance but they also sing the national anthem before every sporting event, like every single sporting event. Which is V. odd.

I remember when British cinemas played the national anthem after the main feature. (also remember main features)

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Seaside Loafer posted:

e: happy pop song to wash that poo poo out of your mind :) , give her another view on top of the 97 million she already has (i think she might be forrin though) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rey3m8SWQI

Thanks for posting that. Turns out half a dozen of the songs that I've really liked in the past year or two have been by or featured the same person: Dua Lipa. She's great (also I'm old and never know who anyone is these days).

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Zephro posted:

Incidentally one of the trickiest problems is nominating an executor. I can't decide if I want to nominate my girlfriend or not - presumably she'll have enough on her mind with the funeral and so on. I might go with my sister, but if she can't or won't for whatever reason I'm really not sure who else I'd choose. Interesting to realise that I don't seem to have any friends who are 1) close enough and 2) I would feel comfortable asking to take on such a bureaucratic and intimate task

You can nominate more than one executor. Mine's are my partner and a local solicitor, in the expectation that the solicitor will do the grunt work and my partner will provide direction if needed. Her will is similar. Our situation is pretty straightforward though - no kids etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

quote:

Take your ice cubes out of the freezer. Tip - never store ice cubes in the fridge.

• Locked thread