Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pissflaps posted:

Brexit is a given because Labour is not opposing it.

Corbyn is a joke. He's hosed the Labour party.

Brexit is a loving catastrophe but how would you propose Corbyn or an alternative Lab leader should have acted in the time between the referendum and today, in order to stop it occurring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/826920391125917704

Using a picture of one of the most famous European federalists ever, on the front page of a paper who literally said "Hurrah for the Blackshirts", to celebrate leaving the EU.

If it reflected the will of the people 30% of the house wouldn't have shown up and it would have gone Leave-Remain by about 236 to 219.

You disingenuous motherfuckers.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

learnincurve posted:

We should ask Ian Hislop who the next Labour Party leader will be, he's always been so good at it in the past. Remember when he openly mocked the idea of Boris getting anywhere in politics, and dismissed May as a thatcher wannabe in nice shoes who will be destined for a minor cabinet position to make up the numbers.

In fairness, this assessment is entirely accurate, it's just that Hislop didn't bank on the stupidity of the world today.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Wheat Loaf posted:

The first time I became aware of Diane Abbott (and Jeremy Corbyn, incidentally) was in an A-level politics class (close to 10 years ago now) where we were talking about campaign strategies and messaging, and we were shown a larger version of this poster which I think was from 1987.

(I don't think that's really Ken Livingstone, though, because he doesn't mention Hitler once.)

I agree with everything on that poster and would have voted Labour.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Pissflaps posted:

I think labour is about pandering to Corbyn's ego.

lol if there's one thing it is not about it's that. You can call him misguided, incompetent, or as useful as someone over the age of consent to Jimmy Savile, but if you think it's about his career or ego, you're barking.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38852420

No don't worry we're only going to cut the fat, not leave people with mental illnesses criminally underserved so that an extra loving thousand of us die per year.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Namtab posted:

I will say that there has also been a change in the way that deaths are being recorded after the thing that came out a year or two ago about deaths being under reported. That DoH response is true and will be responsible for some of the increase

The query would be, what proportion of the unexpected deaths were avoidable?

I do expect that at least some of the 'additional' deaths do come from changes in reporting, and more accuracy and transparency is definitely good. I'm skeptical that it could increase by that proportion though. I hope I'm wrong and that there's no actual change in numbers, only better reporting.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

jBrereton posted:

Yeah, because a crocodile in the OT is itself only used in relation to the Egyptians/Babylonians who would destroy Israel!

I'll never forgive Elohim for kicking in all those cool-rear end religions from back in the day. :mad:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Regarde Aduck posted:

Are there really no other ways to tackle the housing crisis other than destroying green belts?

Everyone is very flippant about them but I don't see the UK turning into megacity 1 being a very good solution. Especially in terms of mental health.

Well, no. Mega-City One is located on the east coast of North America, from Ottawa and Montreal down to Florida, though much reduced after the Apocalypse War. What you're thinking of is Brit-Cit.
:goonsay:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry rear end all the way back to England, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you will ever see. God sent me." - Cmdr. Susan Ivanova speaking to Diana, Princess of Wales, c. 12:20 am, August 31, 1997.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

TheRat posted:

I dont really get it. Everyone knew Trump was going to be batshit insane. How does Trump turning out to be, surprise surprise, batshit insane change anything? Are we supposed to think that Clinton is a saint now?

A hell of a lot of people seem to have voted for Trump thinking he was not going to be. And a lot of people stayed home because well they're both terrible or some middle-of-the-road bollocks.

e; and yeah with the world the way it is, 'ordinarily flawed US president' is loving saintly, are you kidding me?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

hakimashou posted:

If Blair promised not to follow America into any more wars would you have him back?

gently caress no, following America into wars is the only thing we've got left, otherwise we'll rot and die on this island forgotten and unmourned. At least if we're sucking their knob we might get some table scraps.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

So apparently some minor hero has been slapping up some good posters in Olde London Towne

e; wait i might have been bamboozled, judging from the 2014 mentioned on that last one.

Oh well good posters anyway.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Frankly I think this shows parliamentary democracy for the sham it is, and suggest we instead build a great many bunkers.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Pissflaps posted:

Would it be feasible for these bunkers to hold every momentum member?

Ideally, the bunkers will be able to hold every single person in the United Kingdom.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

Tony Blair was a bit of a scoundrel but you have to hand it to him, he knew how to beat tories

Shame he didn't limit it to that but decided to branch out to Iraqis as well.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Perez is a good choice to everyone except hardcore Bernouts.

Also I was named Kiir (Estonian, if you're wondering) until I changed my name, and let me tell you, do not underestimate how immensely lovely a weird foreign name will make things for a kid. Had I had access to a gun I would definitely have Columbined the place up.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ookiimarukochan posted:

Is your surname Royale by any chance?

Nope!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39097019

Beeb posted:

Disability benefits: PIPs should be for 'really disabled'

Disability benefits should go to "really disabled people" not those "taking pills at home, who suffer from anxiety", a key Theresa May aide says.

No 10 policy unit head George Freeman said personal independence payments (PIP) reforms were needed to roll back the "bizarre" decisions of tribunals.

Ministers say the changes will save £3.7bn but leave a "strong safety net".

But disability charity Scope criticised Mr Freeman's "crude" distinction between physical and mental health.

And Labour said the comments were "an insult to disabled people".

Responding to criticism online to his interview on BBC 5 live's Pienaar's Politics, Mr Freeman later tweeted that he had suffered from anxiety and depression in childhood, adding: "I don't need and lectures on the damage anxiety does."

Image caption George Freeman has labelled recent tribunal rulings on disabilities as "bizarre"

The government is proposing changes to PIPs, which replaced the Disability Living Allowance (DLA), after two tribunal rulings at the end of 2016 which it said would have added £3.7bn to the benefits bill by 2023.

The benefit is intended to help people cope with the extra costs of living with ill health or disability and are made according to the points a person scores in an assessment of their needs.

In his BBC interview Mr Freeman said: "These tweaks are actually about rolling back some bizarre decisions by tribunals that now mean benefits are being given to people who are taking pills at home, who suffer from anxiety," he said.

"We want to make sure we get the money to the really disabled people who need it."

The Conservative MP for Mid Norfolk added that he and the prime minister "totally" understood anxiety. "We've set out in the mental health strategy how seriously we take it," he added.

After the interview, shadow chancellor John McDonnell tweeted: "This is an insult to disabled people. (George Freeman) should apologise immediately or Theresa May should make him."

And Scope chief executive Mark Atkinson said: "It is unhelpful to make crude distinctions between those with physical impairments and mental health issues because the kind of impairment someone has is not a good indicator of the costs they will face.

"Many disabled people will now be anxiously waiting to hear as to whether or not these tighter rules will affect their current PIP award.

"The government must offer clarity and reassurance that these new measures will not negatively affect the financial support that disabled people receive now or in the future, and that they stand by their commitment to making no further changes to disability benefits in this Parliament."
'Trapped'

Disabilities minister Penny Mordaunt said she was reforming the PIP payments to "restore the original aim of the benefit" to make sure support was given to the most needy.

Mr McDonnell said he was "furious" about the proposed changes to PIPS, and said Labour would pressurise the government to reverse them in next month's Budget.

"Next week the Tories will make out that the economy and the public finances are doing better, however, they are planning to go ahead with a £3.7bn cut to the disabled," he said.

The cuts would mean many people with severe disabilities "are going to be trapped in their homes", he added.

The Liberal Democrats said the government was using court losses "as an excuse to severely restrict disability benefits".

A DWP spokeswoman said the government was "committed to ensuring our welfare system is a strong safety net for those who need it".

Glad a fuckhammer like this is involved in decisions that will affect me and who knows how many others :v:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

big scary monsters posted:

In other Prime Minister Emeritus news, good to see that Cameron has been keeping himself busy with worthwhile endeavours.
https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/836294380281606144

That is the most awkward handshake I have ever seen anyone attempt, and I've seen Trump try to dislocate someone's shoulder.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Namtab posted:

Ah, my house

I thought you were the anime capital? How'd you claim my video game capital title off me? :colbert:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think it's cool of you to boast about how much you're earning thanks to being in this country, then laugh at our misfortune for having made an economically harmful democratic decision.

Frankly, it's rude.

And nothing is as awful, in the eyes of the middle class, as rudeness!

e; heck, a snipe.

The Zone of the Enders series begins, chronoligically, with Zone of the Enders: 2167 Idolo.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Namtab posted:

Haha you've clearly never heard of anime video games my brother, my dude.

Actually DBZ:XV is very good and cool.

• Locked thread