Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
My mother has hired an immigration lawyer. Hopefully things go smoothly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Pochoclo posted:

Och aye! Make Hadrian's Wall Great Again!
I do love Scotland and have seriously considered moving to Aberdeen.

Come up here, Aberdeen is seriously ace.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

serious gaylord posted:

Its actually terrible. Aberdeenshire however, is the best place on earth.

Look how wrong you are.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I have a band now. We're pretty cool.

https://soundcloud.com/user-365559034/sets/23012017a

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Corbyn getting Labour to vote against the bill might have been technically useless, but it might have gone a ways to implement a good political message- messaging being an area of Corbyn's leadership he's particularly bad at. Nicola Sturgeon held a vote in Holyrood that was also technically useless, as Holyrood as no say whatsoever in how the gov't will implement Article 50, but it was politically canny- it showed the SNP as a unified pro-Remain force, put the Tories in the awkward position of having to vote against most of their constituents, and put Scottish Labour in an even more awkward position by forcing Dugdale to go against Corbyn's position and vote against the bill. It helped the SNP's perception as a "good" party and weakened their opposition's images. A lot to be gained be technically useless voting acts.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

hakimashou posted:

What I mean is, what's the game plan for the British left? Die on the hill or make the best of a bad situation?

Leave the UK and make a new country.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Building communal bonds between activists fosters a better political spirit, keeps morale up, and helps to motivate your activists. We do socials every couple months and it always sees a spike in the rest of our activities.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
We all know that the only bad nationalism is the inclusive multicultural Scottish variant, and all forms of English or British imperial revanchism are good and proper.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I've just sorted out a very cool placement for my journalism master's and I'm excited about the prospects this could lead to.

Just wanted to share, my degree's been a bit poo poo so far but this is encouraging.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

learnincurve posted:

Corbin is the best thing that's happened to the Tory party since Kinnock.

The PLP is the best thing that's happened to the Tory party.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Seaside Loafer posted:

He isnt a bloody tory he's a great bloke but he should just be shouting the following instead of trying to be nice:

IF ELECTED WE WILL BUILD 1000000 COUNCIL HOUSES AND BRING AND END TO THE LANDLORD CLASS!!!!
WE WILL IMMEDIATELY NATIONALIZE THE ENTIRE RAIL SYSTEM AND USE THE PROFITS TO CUT FAIRS AND INVEST IN INFRASTRUCTURE!!!!!
THE HIGHER RATE OF TAX WILL GO UP TO 75% AND BE SPEND ON HOSPITALS!!!

thats it, job done, 3 soundbites and gently caress em (i can think of a dozen more but you need to keep it simple for the twitterrrss)

If you do this in Democracy 3 you get assassinated.

That game is balls btw, you fix the UK with communism and even if you throw loads of your fun excess money into police and secret services you STILL get cold cocked by the business mafia.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Apparently you can't block Cathy Brennan on facebook? Wtf?

https://twitter.com/TransEthics/status/835077252253540352/photo/1

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Especially someone you might really want to block, as they've been going around doxxing trans people who might not be out and actively endangering them.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I went to her fb page to check, and while I did have the option to block her, check this poo poo out.

nasty trans bullies not wanting to be doxxed, how dare they

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Guavanaut posted:

She "uses her knowledge of the law" to get trans people kicked off of facebook? I thought she just used their own T&Cs and behaving like a massive babby and filing false reports to get trans people kicked off of facebook.

I don't know, maybe she's sued for defamation or something? In any case I tried to follow through blocking and it won't let me. So many questions...

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I got five francs on the weekend to do stuff with (which turned into ten when I started middle school), and 2 francs a day to buy a croissant from the bakery across my school at the break. Of course I usually saved the croissant money to go buy bionicles with on the weekend. Bionicles were cool af.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
lol alright sadiq, how many of the racist mugs do you own?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-nationalism-same-racism-says-9913799

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
pochoclo should take his tech skills and move to the best part of the island and videogame capital of the world

• Locked thread