Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Spangly A posted:

"I don't do politics, why do people keep exploiting me, lets vote to extend the work week"

our fellow proles are often frustrating

My mum only votes Lib Dem, not because she is actually a liberal, but because she doesn't trust Labour or the Tories. She also considered voting Ukip at some point, for the same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

forkboy84 posted:

"I don't trust Labour but I do trust the party who went into coalition & proceeded to abandon their voters".

Your mum seems stupid, with all due respect.

She's a climate change denier who believes in homeopathy so you aren't exactly wrong.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Spangly A posted:

The thing I find most alarming is, if it was a zero sum game, it'd still be ok. White men do not deserve to have it better. And yet everyone is trained to believe that it's ok, so you end up with white women and, less often, other minorities arguing these same things.

It's like how the default jump now is for people to go "oh, so you're saying I'm racist". Of course you loving are, you don't want other people to have it the same as you.

Most racists don't believe white men to have it better though. They genuinely believe minorities are treated better by society.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
What happens if Ukippers get their wish and all the immigrants actually go?

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

jabby posted:

This is the fundamental problem the left has - there are just more right wing Tory/UKIP supporters than there are progressive Labour/Lib Dem/Green supporters. Voters move more easily between the parties inside their 'block', and the progressive block is dividing more while the Tories eat up UKIP.

Anyone suggesting there is a quick fix electoral solution to this in the style of Tony Blair is deluding themselves. Voters need to be convinced to abandon right wing ideals and move to the left, and that is a long and arduous process that may take decades.

What's the chance of olds dying off ever affecting this?

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Jose posted:

things are going to be extremely bad before public opinion turns against the tories

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/19/why-some-tories-fear-blood-on-the-streets

tories are scared, apparently

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
neoliberalism was a mistake

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
why are so many people right wing anyway? public opinion for things like nationalisation of railways is pretty high iirc

are they just so scared of immigrants that they'll accept whatever neoliberal bullshit as long as the browns are kept out?

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Jedit posted:

Between wrecking the NHS, causing mass unemployment and starving the resulting poor to death I wouldn't be surprised if May's body count ends up exceeding Blair's. It's a close run thing, but at least with Blair we were left with a functioning economy and public health and not a fascist international pariah.

reminder that tories are afraid of riots in the next two years

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Namtab posted:

The example that always springs to my mind when this topic comes up is the fact that people try and use the fact that tube drivers get more money than me, a nurse, to try and get me and my peers to agitate against their strikes for better pay and conditions.

i hate it when people complain about strikes. like, they're supposed to be disruptive, if they weren't, what's the point

i guess i never had a problem with them because when i first learnt what they were it was teachers strikes and that meant you got the day off school

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
people have got to be sick of austerity and stop voting in tories eventually, right?

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Regarde Aduck posted:

The Tories have control of both the social and economic narrative. They are fine with austerity. Blitz spirit etc. Things are bad because of REASONS, who knows what these reasons are, so it's time to "get on with it".

This will produce a generation of selfish "aspirationals" who stab each other in the back at every opportunity. The future is a charnel house but on the bright side, no one will win. The fucker who murders his way to the top will rule over ruin and then die. The human condition.

Purposeful political decisions are constantly being claimed as 'how the world works'.

Like how everyone seems to think immigration is a problem so the only argument is over how it should be reduced, and how the argument isn't over whether cuts are necessary, but what to cut. Neoliberal hegemony was a mistake.

Everything just seems completely insane. It seems like tories will just keep cutting spending forever until we are an ancap hellhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
who would win in a fight between trotskyite infiltrators and murdoch aligned blairite plotters?

• Locked thread