Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
i think he did a p good job despite all the opposition he faced. he cobbled together some kind of healthcare system, ended the iraq war and let legal weed take root.

i wish he could've gone super saiyan, but that would have required super-majorities. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I love my drone murder mass surveillance ex-president.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I think he is still the most well liked US President for western nations outside the US in loving ages

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
THANKS OBAMA

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
no really, thanks for not being terrible, you could have had a spine and poo poo, and like maybe actually did half of what you promised to do, but you know, in this age of trump, i say comparatively you'll look stellar

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it would've been cool if obama had spent some of the time between the election and inauguration dismantling the opaque surveillance apparatus he ended up handing off to a guy he lampooned at the white house correspondents' dinner

almost as cool as if he'd ended the drug war, or jailed even a single wall street fucker

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

rudatron posted:

no really, thanks for not being terrible, you could have had a spine and poo poo, and like maybe actually did half of what you promised to do, but you know, in this age of trump, i say comparatively you'll look stellar

his party refused to have spines, and they are displaying this today

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
better than Bernie

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hes a bad guy OP

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Gridlocked posted:

I think he is still the most well liked US President for western nations outside the US in loving ages

Look at the loving competition

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He was a charming coward.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

sad, a waste, a mess etc

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Who?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Trump got more done in 9 days than Obama did in 8 years

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
He wasn't a particularly effective President, delivered a lot less than promised on almost every front, but he was a good mascot to the world for our country, and a pretty solid role model for the country's children.

The new guy, not so much.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I recently found out about how Citigroup choose the Obama cabinet appointees, and watched the Snowden movie soon after. That's what he wanted us to vote in a third term of, with Hillary. Not feeling much love for Obama these days.

If Trump wasn't such an imminent disaster I'd say we need to be making the case to democrats how we DON"T need another president like Obama again.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

That Robot posted:

i think he did a p good job despite all the opposition he faced. he cobbled together some kind of healthcare system, ended the iraq war and let legal weed take root.

i wish he could've gone super saiyan, but that would have required super-majorities. :/

obama didnt do fk all 4 legal weed btw

ScrubLeague posted:

He wasn't a particularly effective President, delivered a lot less than promised on almost every front, but he was a good mascot to the world for our country, and a pretty solid role model for the country's children.

The new guy, not so much.

yea

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

our finest invertebrate president

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That Robot posted:

that would have required super-majorities. :/

haha yeah and that sure never happened right

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

it's not as if he came in with a supermajority and the democrats​ proceeded to sit on their hands the entire time

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The first Ad-American president

A chat bot programmed with greeting cards and school house rock

Kind of a bitch

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pollyanna posted:

it's not as if he came in with a supermajority and the democrats​ proceeded to sit on their hands the entire time

That supermajority contained Blue Dogs who were functionally Republicans when it came to implementing Obama's agenda in the House, and it effectively didn't exist in the Senate due to obstruction in getting Franken actually into his seat and Kennedy's downward health spiral.

I mean sure Obama deserves a lot of blame for foolishly thinking he'd be able to work out any sort of meaningful compromise agenda with an opposition which baldly promised that it's only desire was to ruin everything and anything he held dear, as well as the rightist weasels in his own party, but it's not like he could have actually just rode over them all had he wanted to.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
If a guy needs super-majorities in order to be a good president, then he was probably never going to be a good president in the first place.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zeal posted:

it would've been cool if obama had spent some of the time between the election and inauguration dismantling the opaque surveillance apparatus he ended up handing off to a guy he lampooned at the white house correspondents' dinner

almost as cool as if he'd ended the drug war, or jailed even a single wall street fucker

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
he killed Ben laden with his bare hands

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
he will forever be known as the guy who installed the surveillance state that precipitated a hard authoritarian turn and Bush will be remembered as the last traditional American president as a result

hell of a legacy, Barry

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Mariana Horchata posted:

obama didnt do fk all 4 legal weed btw

he didn't shut it all down; he allowed it to grow like a weed :grin:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That supermajority contained Blue Dogs who were functionally Republicans when it came to implementing Obama's agenda in the House, and it effectively didn't exist in the Senate due to obstruction in getting Franken actually into his seat and Kennedy's downward health spiral.

I mean sure Obama deserves a lot of blame for foolishly thinking he'd be able to work out any sort of meaningful compromise agenda with an opposition which baldly promised that it's only desire was to ruin everything and anything he held dear, as well as the rightist weasels in his own party, but it's not like he could have actually just rode over them all had he wanted to.

on the other hand, its just fascinating how much faster things moved in Congress once Nov 2010 hit and the Dems were put on notice that they were about to lose the House

most productive lame duck session in quite a while

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

he will forever be known as the guy who installed the surveillance state that precipitated a hard authoritarian turn and Bush will be remembered as the last traditional American president as a result

hell of a legacy, Barry

the man promised change

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

you can hire him for birthday parties now, so thats cool

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

breaklaw posted:

If a guy needs super-majorities in order to be a good president, then he was probably never going to be a good president in the first place.

this rule might make sense if not for the fact that the opposition was driven insane by a black democrat winning the presidency

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I think, as a fundamentally reasonable man, he was unprepared for the boiling animosity and flat-out shitheadedness he would face from his sworn opponents and would never find ways to effectively combat this, making his actions weaker. His trust in human nature made him publicly reassuring, but stopped him from seeing what he was really up against. It didn't help that he led a party that seemingly takes any chance to display their prissy cowardice.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Obama was a good guy who was overly concerned with his legacy and way too invested in the ideals of American democracy

this meant he wasn't willing to play dirty to push a political ideology the same way the GOP was

this also meant that not a lot got done, and ironically his legacy is torched

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Who?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Obama killed an enormous number of foreigners and hosed over a lot of whistleblowers for what a milquetoast weenie he ended up being

how can we reconcile his authoritarian tendencies with his complete lack of interest in pursuing domestic policy? idk

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
obama bad.

best president we had in decades.

still bad

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All this is Obama's fault

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not gonna call the dude a spineless coward, but I will say that I'm pissed we got a uninspired bureaucratic manager instead of the grand visionary that was promised by his 08 campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Obama was a charismatic, skilled campaigner who managed to retain a generally positive approval rating even as he shredded the Constitution with one hand and his own party with the other. his efforts to build a legacy for himself largely failed, but his personal popularity still stands out compared to both his predecessor and successor, so he'll probably still be remembered fairly positively as a rare bright spot in the first half of the 21st century

• Locked thread