Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Greyarc posted:

Every time I get a new job, I'll be switching one character over to that job. So eventually I'll be running with an all-chapter 1 job team, then all-chapter 2, and so on. That way every job gets a fair shake in the spotlight.

How badly does that handicap you? That is, aren't there bonuses for being a higher job level even discounting the abilities, that you'll be missing out on through constant job rotation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Junpei posted:

So I was going through the jobs again, and I forgot: What's the diference between the White Mage's Epic Group-Cast and the Black Mage's Group-Cast All?

the White Mage's Epic Group-Cast: spell effects don't diminish when you group-cast them.

the Black Mage's Group-Cast All: group cast even normally non group-cast magic.

e;f,b.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Silegna posted:

Years later, and EPMs, emote is still kicking. Also, I hate the merchant job. Why should I spend my hard earned pg, when I can just light stuff on fire, stab, or punch it to death?

How many other jobs have a literal infinite money loop though?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

Yes, but it's super slow. As in, "rubber band down the A button and leave the game running overnight" slow, IIRC. Unless I'm sorely mistaken it gives double-digit healing (and thus pg) each use.
You are - the videos I saw show 1100-1500.

You still want the rubber band.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

No dualcast. Sad!

Dual cast is redundant with the brave/default system, so red mags gets bp-manipulating abilities in exchange.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Patter Song posted:

I love that they gave the pirate the traditional pirate accent, but named him after Turkish corsair Hayreddin Barbarossa and not, like, Blackbeard.

..."Redbeard" isn't that far away from "Blackbeard."

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Greyarc posted:

Yep. The latter part is going to be a lot of "I'm playing this so you guys don't have to."

Yeah, I have a save file for this game pretty much where you'd expect someone to say "gently caress this, I'm out."

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Welcome to the major point of suck in Bravely Default. We'll be here a while, so make yourselves comfortable.

Be here for so...long...

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Folt The Bolt posted:

Honestly, while I understand that the "repeating your quest" thing might not be for everyone, I never felt like it grated on me, perhaps because I found it paid off in a pretty spectacular manner in the end. But that's just me.

I'm curious to see that spectacular manner, because about 2-3 more updates from now is where I said "gently caress this game."

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

NGDBSS posted:

Got a source for that? I know it stimulates the neurons that detect heat or abrasion. In turn that can cause inflammation with a large enough dose, which on the one hand means more blood flow and on the other hand the possibility of a toxic interaction. But I don't remember anything about directly creating heat. What would be the mechanism for that, oxidation?

Shortcircuits a particular muscle protein.

quote:

Yasser Mahmoud has found that capsaicin can create "heat" in a more direct manner by altering the activity of a muscle protein called SERCA. Normally, muscle contraction initiates following the release of a wave of calcium ions from a compartment called the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR); SERCA then actively pumps the calcium back into the SR (using ATP energy), causing muscle relaxation and renewing the cycle.

Capsaicin, however, can attach to SERCA and "uncouple" this pumping activity; that is, the protein still burns ATP energy but doesn't use it to pump calcium. Instead, all the ATP energy is given off as heat. This uncoupling, known as thermogenesis, is one important method of staying warm and is most often seen in hibernating animals.

Mahmoud notes that capsaicin is the first natural compound known to augment the thermogenesis process .
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080806140130.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Rent-a-Bot posted:

So I had been meaning to play this game for a good while, and seeing this lp got me to actually grab a copy of this game.

I binged it in like 2 months

I started the same way but couldn’t get past Chapter...5? One of the repeating ones but after the shape of the plot is very clear to everyone not a protagonist.