Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

And here I thought you'd make it past where I am in my replay with this update :D (I'm actually playing along!)

I'm so tempted to play along too but I don't have time, what with other games I need to get through (my backlog has built up a bit). I'm so glad you're doing an lp of this game, Greyarc. It's easily my favorite 3DS game, flaws and all. I'm really looking forward to how the thread handles some of the later plot points.

quote:

Oddly, the simplistic dungeon gimmicks never bothered me THAT much in BD, especially after I got the support that negates damage from various dungeon hazards. Crank the encounter rate down to zero and just go - they're roadblocks getting in the way of my plot! :argh:

I agree. I actually liked the simple dungeons personally. I mostly play games to relax nowadays so I don't have too much patience for what I consider tedious crap. Having as much control as BD gives you makes things very tolerable for me, and is my second favorite thing about the game (music being the first).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

And, of course, the punny name... she's a bit of an idealist, seeing everything in black and white. You could even say she sees things... Idea-ly. :v:

The pronunciation of her name helps too. And yes, finally have the full crew. I really like how the game sets up the relationships between these 4, it only gets better from here :allears:

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011
Not only does the dialogue do a great job conveying just how much of an rear end Khamer is, but his voice actor sells it too.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, I'm assuming his intense thirst is because Profiteur didn't let the thieves drink from the oasis either. Seems like the kind of rear end in a top hat-ish thing he'd do.

I always figured it was his guilty conscience.

MechaCrash posted:

Why would you sign the incriminating document detailing your conspiracy? :psyduck:

Well, his plan also assumed the people wouldn't just riot instead. :v:

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So how about that forest of giant snake skeletons?

I am very disappointed with myself for never making this connection.

This is one of my favorite backgrounds in this game, although there are so many of those.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Blademaster_Aio posted:

The way the art style of this game is, and considering Victoria is on the council of six, I honestly did not realise she looked like a little girl till that Florem npc commented on her.

I mean, she's floating in the air. She looks like some strange creature rather than a little girl. I think it's her hair. It's looks larger than her body. Along with that head piece she wears.

It's funny you say that because for me it was kind of the opposite. I first noticed she was basically a kid floating in the air for some reason, and her voice actress made her sound as childish as she looks so that just cemented it for me. Then I paid more attention to her outfit and thought she sort of looked like a fox or something. Once I saw her just kill that woman in Florem it made me wonder what's going on with the Council of Six that some murderous kid's allowed to be a member. Sure she's strong, but she's not disciplined at all.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I also do like how Ringabel is being used here. He hasn't made a joke about women in a while either, I think.

It's nice to see how much attention he actually pays to his friends when he's not busy chasing skirts.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Rainuwastaken posted:

Yeah, it's probably just me getting caught up on the dividing line between gameplay and story, where you kinda have to suspend disbelief. My monkey brain just wonders what they need the crystal for when you can glue someone's legs back on with a couple MP.

:goonsay:

I'd have to guess they need the crystal for chronic illnesses, which is what we know is going on with Edea's mom. And looking at Victoria's situation, it's not like anyone's tossing cure on her, she actually needs to be dunked in an elaborate tank for treatment. But at the end of the day, we don't really know much about Eternia's medical science and medical training.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011
It's also possible that Alternis doesn't care that Ringabel looks like him. He is kind of busy at the moment.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011
Other people have already talked about this, but I figure I may as well throw in my two cents (and help bump to the next page while I'm at it) about this ending path so far. As much as I like this game, and it really is one of my favorite 3DS games warts and all, I honestly can't stand how the party takes this ending. The fact that they're dumbfounded by Airy's betrayal even though they already know she's up to something, even if not what that is, is just absolutely awful writing. I can't really forgive that, since it's a level of stupidity that's even beyond what I had thought the party capable of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011
Thank you so much for this LP. I think you did a great job with it and I definitely saw/learned some new things about the game. I'm glad this game got such a comprehensive LP.