Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ff5 also has the city that floats up into the air.
Not much of an airship though.

Lunar had this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Now you know why they stamped it out. :eng101:

"It does not do to leave a live malboro out of your calculations, if you live near him."

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Patter Song posted:

It took me a while to realize that Mahzer Lee was going for Motherly. I read the pun as Miserly at first and I couldn't figure out why they were saying Edea's mom was stingy.

Same here. The translators could have done a better job on that one.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

RedMagus posted:

Nah, just use the natural filter:
https://i.imgur.com/oPnHaWQ.gif

Now I'm wondering if Alternis and Victoria ever play with their dolls together. When she's not threatening to kill him, of course.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

werbear posted:

How are there still any people alive in RPG worlds?

Sometimes you get one that follows things through to the logical conclusion: Final Fantasy 2, Serpent Isle, Bastion...

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 18, 2018

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, he has an Asterisk, so I imagine he can pull shenanigans.

Then the party should be able to as well. I can only assume Tiz's asterisk addiction is so bad he refuses to back down when there's another one in reach.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

There's also been only like two people among the asterisk holders so far we'd actually consider leaving alive by the time their sidequest is done. Five, tops. Or would you prefer the Sky Knights, the Black Blades, or the Bloodrose Legion to still be wandering around?

Well, we killed the lot of 'em once already and it didn't seem to take, so...

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 13, 2018

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
We completely screwed over the first world by going into the pillar of light, didn't we?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

Now we need a hack of Bravely Default where Airy is replaced by the Microsoft Paper Clip.

Now I'm wondering if that would be better or worse than a hack where she spends the entire game going "Hey! Crystals! Hey! Crystals!"

Oh, wait... That's the vanilla game, isn't it?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Greyarc posted:

Next: Let's go punch out Red Mage DeRosa!

I can't remember if this was answered before, but I assume we could get any asterisks we missed the first time around by fighting their holders in the second world?

On a different note, is anyone else getting the vibe that Agnes isn't going to be around at the end for a happy ending with Tiz?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

She says something like "I said stop!" "Nooo, it's going to break!"

And then the game automatically stops you.

Quicktime events are bad enough to begin with, but what's the point of one you're not even allowed to fail? Why not just have a non-interactive cutscene and get it over with?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Fine, let's just call it an "interactive cutscene" then. But I stand by my point; there's no sense in doing it this way.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
If the party is smart, this time they'll fly into the pillar and fly right back out again to bait out Alternis before letting Airy try the ritual.

Not that being smart is their strong suit...

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Actually looking forward to what Braev and Kamiizumi do this time around, now that things have started to turn out slightly different.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "find a contrived reason to pick a fight." Call it a hunch.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Omobono posted:

You think they'll bother with a reason? You're an optimist.

I... have no answer to this.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

terrenblade posted:

I guess now we know what's in bat shark repellent spray.

"Holy shark repellent, Batman!"
"Precisely, Robin!"
"...What?"

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Greyarc posted:

Entry 98: Here Flies the Turnabout Fairy

It's our fault.

Eh, I'd blame the Eternians more. Given their absurd policy of attacking first and explaining things never it's easy to see why the party would assume they were in the wrong.

You could also blame the sage and the vampire cos-player for not speaking up or acting earlier. I mean, Yulyana even helps you complete Airy's work despite knowing drat well she's the big bad and no good will come of it.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Glazius posted:

Looking forward to seeing what's at the bottom of this rabbit hole.

Well, our ultimate bad guy is named Ouroboros so I'm guessing we'll find the top of the rabbit hole.

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more I like it. Just imagine the total downer ending:

Finally, the last world is done! After eleven hundred million years I'm finally free to - wait, why do my wings say 1,568,270,000 again?

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 2, 2018

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

This is all assuming Airy was a good and diligent worker :colbert:

It's also possible she just got stuck waiting for crystals to regrow several times. At 5,000 years a pop that'd really cut into her... What do I even call it, her "rate-of-apocalypse?" Is there a name for that sort of statistic?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

These are other asterisk holders, so maybe the asterisks let them do it?

Then why wouldn't our asterisks let us walk out? We saw Khint do it.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

In fact, there are only 666 worlds;

Was that covered earlier in the LP? I don't remember reading that.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Greyarc posted:

~But I would wreck 5000 worlds and I would wreck 5000 more~

~just to be the bug who wrecks ten thousand worlds for the Lord I adore~

:golfclap:

~It's the end of all worlds as they know it, and I feel fine~

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

Everybody wants to break all worlds

No, pretty sure that's just you, Airy.

But regardless:

~So my great mission is underway~
~For Ouroboros has spoken~
~So many crystals to awake~
~You know I like my worlds a little bit broken~
~I just want to use you fools tonight~
~I don't wanna kill you fools tonight~

(To the tune of "Your Love," with apologies to The Outfield.)

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 20, 2018

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Raitzeno posted:

This game doesn't require musical parody nearly as bad as the last one we did it to. (Not that I don't appreciate it, it just feels like it's coming from a very different place. :v:)

Could be worse. For some reason my brain kept working on that "Your Love" parody. I think I could have done the whole song with some effort. :P

Anyway, what was the last game you did this to?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

RandomMagus posted:

In FF5 the tentacle enemies in the second mini-dungeon area only attack your female party members. If you only have the male party members active they just won't attack you at all.

Just be glad Cara isn't in the party at that point.

Though now that I think about it...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I didn't know Ultros debuted one game early.

Wasn't Child Rydia in the octopus boss fight in FF4? Ultros may have gotten his start even earlier.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are we the baddies?

Hey. none of us got to design Airy's forms!

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Greyarc posted:

You might seek them out, should you think it necessary before you face Ouroboros.

"You might seek THEM out" suggests he hid more than one piece of gear down there, but we only find Durandal?

Also, is it ever explained just how the Adventurer gets around? On top of being everywhere else we go, he's just chilling in the place Yulyana has kept sealed off for centuries? Maybe that explains where the rest of the gear the sage thought was down there went.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Okay, I'll bite: how and why does Tiz have a celestial hitching a ride in his body? And who or what is it, anyway? I'd guess it's this angel we keep hearing about - mostly because I just can't recall any other celestial-type characters that have come up - but I'd have expected that one to be in Agnes since it shares her appearance.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Eh, I'd find it cheap if Airy just got a quick \Power of Friendship/ redemption considering she personally slaughtered the party in Ringabel's home dimension and countless others during the cycles.

Some villains just need to be complete assholes with no redeeming qualities.

In honor of the all-too-brief musical meme we had going earlier - and with suspicions that my crippling lack of sleep may be affecting my judgement - I now present an official press release from the Warriors of Light:

==========================================================================================
- to the tune of "Eat the Rich," with apologies to Aerosmith

~Well we all woke up this morning~
~On the wrong side of the bed~
~And how we got to thinkin'~
~About all those things you said~

~About how you went and killed us~
~Time and time again~
~And all that time you went and lied~
~And called yo'self a friend~

~'Cause we're a sick of how you used us'~
~Across so many worlds~
~And we're sick of all your bitchin'~
~Now that your plan's unfurled~

~And we just can't see no humour~
~About your way of life~
~And we think your Lord can do more for you~
~With that there fork and knife~

[Chorus:]
~EAT THE BITCH~
~There's only one thing that she's good for~
~EAT THE BITCH~
~Take one bite now - come back for more~
~EAT THE BITCH~
~We gotta get this off our chests~
~EAT THE BITCH~
~Take one bite now, spit out the rest~

==========================================================================================

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 30, 2019

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Greyarc posted:

Airy and Ouroboros's campaign appeared to operate within a single stable timeline, with each successive world Airy visited being slightly behind in the timeline so she could appear at approximately the same world-time in each.

I'm not sure that explains it. If Airy had to wait 5000 years for a shattered crystal to regenerate even once - and the fact that she knows exactly how long it takes suggests that she has - the party should be long dead of old age by the time she gets to the next world. She would never catch up to them in the timeline again.

EDIT: Also, I'm so very sorry I asked who the celestial hitching a ride with Tiz was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Greyarc posted:

Good point, but in any case, like most plots, the whole plan falls apart if it’s no longer constrained in some way by linear time. It’s so easy for time travel to wreck a story if it’s done without care, so having them tack on stuff like that in the ending just makes the whole thing ridiculous.

Yeah, but people will forgive that if the story is otherwise good enough. People loved Back to the Future, and those movies had plot holes they could (and did) drive a Delorean through.