Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

Blamestorm posted:

In Australia service exports is code for higher education (international students coming here to study) and tourism, both of which sectors are aimed at foreign markets and are relatively sizable. There is other stuff that better economies do at the top end of value chains in services (e.g. design services, research services) but it's mostly those two for Oz.

It isn't just higher ed. Schooling (even primary) in Australia is very attractive to Chinese with money. Partly it is a solid classically liberal education in a very safe place, partly it is the first rung on the family immigration ladder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

DancingShade posted:

If I was an APS3 schmuck I'd only do that with written instructions to cover my own rear end then hang them out to dry.

My guess it was as SES equivalent acting through their EA because SES people consider themselves above the rules and EAs usually don't know what the rules are.

loving scum move though. Absolute scum.

The guardian article says the conditions it was released under. this was a deputy secretary and signed off by the lawyers.

• Locked thread