Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
When does Parliament sit again? I wanna see this year's poo poo fight start in earnest.

E: oh, it's in the OP

Starshark fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
A good day for Turnbull. Good optics all round. Should keep the backbench off his hammer for a bit.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Can anyone post this article:

https://www.crikey.com.au/2017/02/02/turnbulls-refugee-deal-and-whats-left-of-his-authority-collapses/

Morbidly curious.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Thanks!

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I will vote for Cory Bernardi for PM at the next election :twisted:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

"Love her or loathe her, you just can't ignore her... BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO GIVE HER WALL-TO-WALL COVERAGE AT LEAST UNTIL THE NEXT ELECTION!"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

blindidiotgod posted:

Harder *again* to push stuff through the senate, if Cory is acrimonious about things.

We can only hope. I wonder what outragous calls he's asking for to stay? Cabinent position?

Since Hockey left, there's a vacancy for Minister for Pies.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Future Miranda Devine: "Why isn't anyone talking about the 60% of St John of God Brothers who DIDN'T gently caress kids?!??"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I can't wait for these fuckwits to be voted out.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cirofren posted:

If they didn't have to pay penalty rates and one of the highest company tax rates in the developed world this corner cutting would never happen.

You're probably kidding but I just want to point out that Dominos makes a profit around six hundred million a year.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Tasmania is win as always. Do you do that deliberately?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Urcher posted:

Yep. I keep hitting random until I like the look of Tasmania. Sometimes I tweak the other options if nothing interesting is coming up.

Yees, I thought it was a little too good to be true, every month Tassie being funny. Still, it keeps me amused in an age of misery, so keep up the good work.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Take my photo down immediately or I will sue.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Got to say, this took balls.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Why wouldn't you give him a cabinet position? He's an expert on everything from gays are icky to what toppings go best on a Domino's.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
"This, Annabelle, is my signature dish. A pie floater. Only instead of mushy peas, which I don't like, I use KFC gravy. And for my piece de resistance, I top it with a kilo of mozzarella cheese. But wait - who's this? It's our surprise guest! Joe Hockey!"
"G'day George, fancy seeing you here! I've come to talk about the new Ben and Jerry's flavour - cookies and more cookies - which we're going to road test on Annabelle's show!"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

A good student at Cumberland High, in western Sydney, he was once thrown out of class for telling a teacher there was more to economics than Keynes.

stdh.txt. Why do young Libs and teenage political tragics always have a bullshit story like this?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I get so mad about beards.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
You dumb fucks who think we don't need more coal-fired power plants need to read these articles. COAL NOW

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/fears-hay-stocks-could-run-low-into-winter-if-no-rainfall/8286166?WT.ac=localnews_newcastle

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-13/heatwave-kills-thousands-of-bats-nsw/8265530

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-16/heatwave-impact-on-consumers-and-producers-means-crop-damage/8272456

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

DancingShade posted:

I like how the domestic political situation has become so bleak and depressing of late we all collectively retreated into sci fi.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lid posted:

The front runner for the next doctor is Tilda Swinton

I wonder if she'll face the Daleks. Or maybe the Cybermen. Do you think she will?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Who the gently caress voted for this guy twice his voice makes my fists itch

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cartoon posted:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...34d79f4fd019b8e
Sweden has one of the highest reported rape rates in the world this is because the Swedes have managed to improve reporting and prosecution. Maybe we should look at what they are doing right?

I think you'll find that Sweden has one of the highest reported rape rates in the world because hordes of Muslims have invaded their shores.

Great news about the cuts in hospitality wages. Can't wait to see small business owners' hearts grow three sizes larger and they hire loads more people. Might be the end of unemployment!

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
BTW does anyone know if my hecs/help debt dies with me if I jump off a fifty storey building? Just weighing my options in this exciting new economy.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I think if there's anything the American Experiment teaches us is that people will gladly get pounded up the rear end indefinitely as long as they have someone to look down upon.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

gay picnic defence posted:

My great hope from all this is that a recession hits that finally breaks the spell of people thinking the libs are better economic managers

That's never going to happen as long as Murdoch's in the tank for the Libs. Maybe if we could convince the Fed Libs to do something against the racing industry? It's a tricky one.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

FuckenPunchOn posted:

It makes me angry that the TV is going to pretend the mad monk was a great dude when Tony Abbott dies in like 40 years time.

They're going to do something really annoying like say 'love him or hate him, you couldn't ignore him' just like they will when Pauline Hanson's brain stem finally leaps out and strangles her.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Is that J_C_Campbell guy trying to look like a Silver Age villain or what?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
c'mooon someone knife Shorten and replace him with... erm... me!

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

AgentF posted:

I don't understand. How can Shorten have both a higher "satisfied" and a lower "dissatisfied" than Turnbull but then somehow Turnbull wins as preferred PM?

It's like how someone might get passed over for 'best director' but their film wins 'best film' - the voting is done by morons.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Turnbull kneels at the end of his bed, hands clasped in prayer:

"Please Lord, just one boatload of reffoes. With a couple of suicide bombers and 'kill all whitey' in Arabic on the side. Is it too much to ask?"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Someone just lost their job.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Gorilla Salad posted:

Isn't that actively illegal as well?

Not to mention a horrible loving precedent.

Yeah, if there's one thing Centrelink didn't skimp on when I was there (this was over a decade ago now, who knows what it's like now) was privacy. You can't even look at your own record without raising flags and starting investigations. If you just looked at - say - Kylie Minogue's record just to see if she ever claimed parenting payment, you MIGHT get out with your job (but probably a demotion), but giving info to the media was a biiig no-no. So like I said, unless things changed, that's a sacking. It's also illegal but the only time I heard of someone going to jail was when someone was caught giving info to a private investigator for money - don't know if leaking to the media quite covers that territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Hey, as long as we're in union chat, what's a good one for a university library assistant in NSW? Not in poo poo, just want to be covered if I get injured to/from work.

• Locked thread