Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

brocked posted:

It seems to me that if missing a tackle and clipping a player's foot gets you a straight red resulting in a four game suspension, then clotheslining a defenceless player in midair with your elbow should at least be a foul.

Both players led with their arms, one player jumped higher and ended up not being the dead one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

I always love it when one of these things comes up and you have a wildly inaccurate description of what happened.

Is the wildly inaccurate description the description of what actually happened but because it was an Arsenal player the facts don't matter?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...tm_campaign=crm

video is there. Both players jump throwing their arms into the air, bellerin jumped way too early so his arms were on the down swing before the ball arrived

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Bellerin's arms come down almost immediately, and he's not leading with his elbow. Both players are at roughly the same place in their arcs; Alonso is just much higher. It's like you live in opposite world.

Its almost like you have never jumped to challenge for a header before. Also Coquelin doing what appeared to be a bug from fifa while defending the second goal was hilarious

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

brocked posted:

Don't know why it would be relevant, but it's a clear foul in every other version of football/rugby

Hi, big player and watcher of rugby union here, have you never been involved in a lineout?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sebzilla posted:

That explains Abidal and Vilanova.

Thymosin Beta 4, Pep and Tiki-Taka, a cancerous cocktail of fraud

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I would really like Wenger's last fa cup match as a manager to be a loss to a non-league side who don't want to get promoted to league 2 because professional football sounds like too much work.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FullLeatherJacket posted:

christ i'm old

i bet you don't even know who tony yeboah is

idk who that is unless this guy is called tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvtQYsckLxk&t=64s

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Brony Car posted:

I'm going off of the commentary on RAWK, other fan sites, and the Liverpool reddit. I know there's a big gap between that audience and the more normal match going fans, but I feel like the usual "at least we're not where we were in 2010" sentiments have definitely died down and people seem pissed about the lack of winter transfers. People seem pissed, but admittedly that might just be a tiny number of very loud fans rather than a significant number. I feel like some pundits have felt comfortable going in an anti-Klopp direction too (like Hamann and to a lesser extent, Carragher).

My main point was that I don't know where the breaking point is. Fans get mad about the club but it takes a lot to get them to boycott to the point that owners will respond substantively. Even then, there's usually some fans wiling to take the place of those who decide not to go.

I would think Blackburn would be a treatise on how little fan power actually exists these days

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So many insanely bad teams this season that Stoke are safe from the drop before the end of Febuary and done their early departure on vacation like usual.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Breath Ray posted:

Do you know what he did with the other half

Blue Thai 'pizza'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

So Klopps job is relatively safe for now. At least until next year...however if he doesnt get either:

a) A decent CB
b) A competent CM
c) A decent lone striker

Any of the combinations of 2 of the above by the end of next season i might see why people would say he could start to worry, bearing in mind hes only been in charge for just over a year now and has been dealing with mostly Rodgers' wastemen it would be loving crazy to get rid of him now.

If he is having trouble dealing with Rodger's wastemen why did rodgers do better with his wastemen?

• Locked thread