Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
west ham spent £20m on the wrong swansea player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Jose posted:

John terry has strange views about become a coach

"there should be more english coaches, so we should lower their standards and make them far less able to compete for any job worth having"

john terry is way too thick to ever become a coach or manager

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

marina hyde has a loving weird job

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Pep Guardiola has said that Aguero could leave in the summer; pep's a total cancer and a fraud.

Aguero's gonna be 29 and on insane wages. He's their best player but if Pep wants to buy some expensive defenders I guess someone has to go and he's got better options up front than elsewhere?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

excuse me lady posted:

sheikh mansour shakes out a comically oversized purse and moths fly out, horns.aiff plays

There's a wage increase cap isn't there?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I'm happy to say pep's an idiot fraud if that's the clear conclusion here

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

isnt there a wilshere-sized gap in the unrevealed drugs bans?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Well yes he did and like I said I don't think he deserved to be let go in this manner... but do you really think the goal pre-season was to try and avoid relegation? He completely failed to build on anything he achieved last season, and he's arguably left the club in a worse position than they were when he arrived (how many of Leicester's big player are going to stay if they go down? How much money have they drained out of the club?).

Someone on the BBC has pointed out the same thing happened to Mourinho last season and absolutely nobody batted an eyelid because they don't like Mou. Ranieri is seen as some sort of darling of the Premier League and so everyone appears to be overlooking how terrible a job he's done this season.

a completely different thing happened to jose mourinho in that he led an incredibly wealthy club expected to win titles into a relegation dogfight

ranieri won the league playing some championship-level garbagemen like Albrighton and all their defenders. Players dropping a level after a title isn't totally unexpected, but that team was utter crap to begin with.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

they might be able to get a better manager, but that's the sort of thing you'd expect a smooth transition in place for. Not reactively sacking a guy because his players were found out to be not good enough and he didn't replace an entire team of accidental league-winners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

It's saturday, there are some games on, and I can't get imgur to work. Join each other.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811378

• Locked thread