Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

In "wait, they didn't do that already?" news, Liverpool have banned the Sun from Anfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

At some point, club owners will do whatever they need to do once the fans stop paying. How long would it take before Arsenal fans stop showing up?

The memory of Hicks & Gillett is fading fast for Liverpool fans, especially after the ticket pricing fiasco last season, the decision to hold back on building up the Anfield Road end, and the big form collapse in January (which might not have ended just yet). Despite Klopp being willing to own various problems, I feel like some kind of boycott targeted against FSG to try to push looser transfer spending is on the horizon.

Legit can't tell if this is meant to be satire or not.

Most Liverpool fans are very aware of the impact Hicks and Gillett had on the club. Many regular match goers went to the protests in Liverpool (myself included as a wee lad) so are intimately acquainted with problem owners. FSG are absolutely nowhere near as bad. The ticket fiasco was pretty lovely but FSG withdrew it after the fan's pressure. The Anfield Road end expansion is still in the works, but there are definitely issues around it (they can't afford to build it without raising ticket prices because we'll be knocking out an end of the stadium for a good few months) and talks are continuing. Form comes and goes throughout the season.

There are a (very) small minority of fans who want FSG out, or perhaps just loosen the purse strings a little. There's no evidence that FSG aren't willing to pay for players Klopp wants - some comments in January Klopp made about how teams don't want to let their best players go has been misinterpreted to mean we aren't willing to spend enough. It's not organised and it's not widespread, so I don't see it being an issue.

Not sure how it's related to your point either. The fans still turned up to Anfield during Hicks and Gillet's tenure, even if it was to shout abuse.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

christ i'm old

i bet you don't even know who tony yeboah is

I say wee lad.

I was in my teens.

gently caress that was ten years ago.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

For fucks sake couldn't they wait until after our game

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-leicester-city-and-claudio-ranieri-part-company-3591441.aspx

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

HJB posted:

gently caress Ranieri, the oval office's making out he's some sort of martyr.

Lashing out is a common withdrawal symptom.

It's getting a bit ridiculous. He's not loving dead he was leading the champions of England to relegation of course he got sacked.

There was a better way about this and personally I thought he should have walked before Christmas with his head held high (and taken the England job) but this is all getting stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Blue Star Error posted:

Alternatively he lead a relegation bound team to the title

Well yes he did and like I said I don't think he deserved to be let go in this manner... but do you really think the goal pre-season was to try and avoid relegation? He completely failed to build on anything he achieved last season, and he's arguably left the club in a worse position than they were when he arrived (how many of Leicester's big player are going to stay if they go down? How much money have they drained out of the club?).

Someone on the BBC has pointed out the same thing happened to Mourinho last season and absolutely nobody batted an eyelid because they don't like Mou. Ranieri is seen as some sort of darling of the Premier League and so everyone appears to be overlooking how terrible a job he's done this season.

• Locked thread