Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hope Liverpool win at least one match this month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Lukaku good.

No way someone doesn't try to buy him soon.

Chelsea could use a striker like him imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

He's loving TWENTY-THREE. Big fan here

I guess monogamy really is dead

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Edit: I'm biased but I think Terry and Lampard are likely to be pretty good managers. Both are well liked by their teammates, train really hard, read the game really well, worked under some of the best managers in the game, and both made the best of their limited athletic ability.

Agreed this is why Gary Neville was such a success at Valencia

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
hmmm yeah that carlo ancelotti he was an okay player i guess

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spangly A posted:

There's a wage increase cap isn't there?

lol if you think rules matter

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm seeing a lot of "Arsene out" media articles atm.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Arsenal could become Spurs, the two teams tend to reverse polarity every quarter century or so.

Somewhere EC10's ears perk up

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Leicester are a classless club and I hope Ranieri gets hired by some other relegation battler and then wins the title with them

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
hmmm yeah I agree the only thing that matters in modern football is current form, imo Manchester United should have sacked Sir Alex Ferguson if they were ever 17th halfway through a season

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lemon posted:

someone please convince me Boro aren't going down

They're sixteenth and have a better goal difference than all the sides below them so it's certainly possible they stay up.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
imo the league should play 19 games and then have a short transfer window and then play the other 19 games, and you should only be allowed to change managers during the transfer window also, so that teams don't get a particular advantage or disadvantage by having to play a team before or after they sack a garbageman

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Paperhouse posted:

every team should have a squad of managers and they get subbed in and out depending on who the team is playing next.

Yeah but only three manager subs allowed during a game, even if it goes into extra time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know how we've managed to go through so many managers and so many defenders and the defence never improves. No manager we've had since Benitez has managed to actually get Liverpool to defend well for longer than a few games in a row. I think maybe under Dalglish there was like a half-season or so when we were consistently good defensively, so we promptly fired our defensive coach and went back to being poo poo. I don't remember the exact details though.

• Locked thread