Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I feel as though this could have been a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Legendary sixth place Manchester United

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Aaron Ramsey is out for three weeks. He's garbage, but since he's out it will probably be Oxnard-chamberlain and Coquelin in the center of midfield. Expect Chelsea to score 5+ goals tomorrow.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Wenger isn't sure why Kante didn't want less money to compete for the 4th place trophy at Arsenal

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/03/arsenal-tried-to-sign-ngolo-kante-last-summer-arsene-wenger-reveals-chelsea

I don't know how that was what you got from reading that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

“Have I looked to sign Kante? Yes. When he was in France and when he was at Leicester,” Wenger said. “I cannot explain everything [about why he preferred Chelsea] but it is quite obvious when you look at where he has gone. Was it the money? I do not want to talk about that. Transfers are transfers – you cannot explain absolutely everything.”

Arsene says he cannot explain everything about why Kante preferred Chelsea.

And Wenger may be right, but 99% of the reason Kante preferred Chelsea is because Arsenal aren't competing for titles and because they didn't want to pay him what he was worth.

Seems pretty clear to me that he's hinting that Kante went to Chelsea for money, but doesn't want to actually come out and say it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

straight up brolic posted:

*Arsenal lose the league to the team that signed the player they wanted to buy. again. because they wouldn't pay the requisite amount of money needed for him to sign*

*fans smash the "he valued money over the honor of playing for arsenal" button*

Nah. Obviously Arsenal should have thrown money at Kante. It just wasn't true when you said Wengy didn't know why he signed for Chelsea.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

Both players led with their arms, one player jumped higher and ended up not being the dead one.

I always love it when one of these things comes up and you have a wildly inaccurate description of what happened.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Bellerin's arms come down almost immediately, and he's not leading with his elbow. Both players are at roughly the same place in their arcs; Alonso is just much higher. It's like you live in opposite world.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

I always love how Arsenal fans try to latch into something wildly innocuous as a reason for why they aren't winning every match.

Your team is built to finish between third and fifth and your manager has the same mentality.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Arsenal aren't winning every match because their team is unbalanced and their defense is poo poo, but that doesn't mean that the erotic fiction that Byolante writes for Tony Pulis fan sites is true.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oliwan posted:

What is this story???

I don't remember this, either.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Every time Freddy Adu is mentioned, I look him up and lol at his "age." He's currently "27 years old."

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

I already forgot who Papiss Cisse is.

Same. Apparently he's playing in China and scoring a conservative number of goals.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Oh this is just great.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pep Guardiola has said that Aguero could leave in the summer; pep's a total cancer and a fraud.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Spangly A posted:

I'm happy to say pep's an idiot fraud if that's the clear conclusion here

It is, and also that he is a cancer.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sebzilla posted:

That explains Abidal and Vilanova.

:trumppop: :chanpop: :captainpop:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

I'm seeing a lot of "Arsene out" media articles atm.

Yeah. I get the feeling that Arsenal have been allowing some leaks to put it out there that he might not be coming back. Ornstein made a kind of cryptic tweet yesterday, saying "Arsene Wenger's future will be decided at end of season. New deal offered earlier still on table but will be mutual decision in summer." The tweet kind of wavers between saying Arsenal will review Wengy's position and saying that it's still Wenger's decision. I get the feeling this is it, boys.

Also, I think Sanchez staying doesn't depend on Wengy, just money. Ozil makes a lot of noises about loving Wengy, but who knows.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

I get the feeling that Sanchez prioritizes playing every match and winning stuff over more money. He would probably be happy with Wenger leaving and keeping the same salary if it meant bringing in a manager who actually has a plan against big teams beyond "go out there and express yourself." Which is what Harry Redknapp would say if he were French and viewed as an intellectual.

He's basically said it's about money, though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

track day bro! posted:

He's staying 5eva (thats one more than 3eva)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39001868

Wow. I guess that's Wengy to PSG then

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lol sure let's see the quote

Alexis posted:

"I'm focused more on winning football matches -- I'm staying concentrated on that," Sanchez told Sky Sports. "It really doesn't depend on me -- if they want to show confidence in me. I'm very happy at the club.

"I love all the staff. I'm very grateful for everybody here. It depends on Arsenal. I enjoy the relationship with the fans. I want to achieve more for them. I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League.

"I've told my agent I don't want to speak about this too much when all the rumours are going around -- it can distract a player from their main focus of concentration."

"I'm playing well and scoring goals. I'm achieving my objectives,"

"I'm just focused on playing football, Sunday is a very important match... I'm very relaxed. I'm trying not to let it bother me -- that's not what I want.

http://af.reuters.com/article/idAFKBN1460B6?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner

"It really doesn't depend on me -- if they want to show confidence in me" means "pay me" IMO.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

Interesting, I thought "I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League" clearly conveys his intentions, but I guess I was wrong!

It's preceded by "I want to achieve more for them [arsenal]." Just your standard throw away line that's the equivalent of "I am focused on winning things for my team" everyone says. Of course this is two months old, and Arsenal have been really bad recently.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
My favorite Arsenal meltdown is when Gallas had a meltdown in the middle of the pitch after the Eduardo match.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/18/arsene-wenger-arsenal-manager-four-more-years

Wengy Wants Four More Years

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

Arsenal don't have the income/backing to continually compete with the rich clubs.

They've got a lot of money in the bank supposedly but once that's spent where's the next £100m going to come from?

Dropping out of the CL would be disastrous for them.

Arsenal are quite a wealthy club tbf. They have the second highest revenue in the PL and have more money than teams like Juventus, Dortmund, and Athletics Madrid. And honestly I think that for most PL clubs and big teams from other countries, the CL is just a PR opportunity rather than a major source of income.

Wengy is just such an odd case at this point. His results are probably adequate; Arsenal should be finishing between 2nd and 4th in the premier league, and should be getting out of the group stages in the CL. It's just absolutely bizarre that he keeps replaying the same season, and that the team continues to suffer very heavy defeats against good sides. What's most worrying is that he spent 100m this summer on seemingly good players, and it hasn't made Arsenal any better. That points to problems with the manager imo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Cazorla will be out for the remainder of the season, and possibly August of next season.

Reminder that all of this started with Arsenal thinking he would be out for a few days.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That's an absolutely shameful decision and I hope Lester get wound up.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

HJB posted:

gently caress Ranieri, the oval office's making out he's some sort of martyr.

He is a martyr for football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The most offensive thing about all of this is Lester's lovely championship level players believing their own hype and demanding that the man who led them to actually achieve something he sacked. After that the board's hands were kind of tied.

• Locked thread