Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Some MP's passed a motion of "no confiidence" in the FA.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38920489

quote:

The [Culture, Media and Sport (CMS) Select] committee has published two reports since 2010 recommending greater representation at the FA for fans and the grassroots game, as well as more diversity in positions of authority. It also wants to dilute the perceived dominance of the Premier League.

Do you real fans who actually live in that country have any thoughts on whether this will change anything? And how exactly would the FA rein in the Premier League?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Manchester United are going to win a cup treble this season and it'll be very annoying.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
At some point, club owners will do whatever they need to do once the fans stop paying. How long would it take before Arsenal fans stop showing up?

The memory of Hicks & Gillett is fading fast for Liverpool fans, especially after the ticket pricing fiasco last season, the decision to hold back on building up the Anfield Road end, and the big form collapse in January (which might not have ended just yet). Despite Klopp being willing to own various problems, I feel like some kind of boycott targeted against FSG to try to push looser transfer spending is on the horizon.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

Legit can't tell if this is meant to be satire or not.

[...]

Not sure how it's related to your point either. The fans still turned up to Anfield during Hicks and Gillet's tenure, even if it was to shout abuse.

I'm going off of the commentary on RAWK, other fan sites, and the Liverpool reddit. I know there's a big gap between that audience and the more normal match going fans, but I feel like the usual "at least we're not where we were in 2010" sentiments have definitely died down and people seem pissed about the lack of winter transfers. People seem pissed, but admittedly that might just be a tiny number of very loud fans rather than a significant number. I feel like some pundits have felt comfortable going in an anti-Klopp direction too (like Hamann and to a lesser extent, Carragher).

My main point was that I don't know where the breaking point is. Fans get mad about the club but it takes a lot to get them to boycott to the point that owners will respond substantively. Even then, there's usually some fans wiling to take the place of those who decide not to go.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blasmeister posted:

Insanity. They were asking him if he'd stick with them if they got relegated when he interviewed for the job. Fans are not likely to forgive them for this unless the new manager turns things 180 immediately.

Their league next match is against a club that drops a lot of points to relegation battlers year in and year out, so maybe this is a stroke of genius.

• Locked thread