Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

PirateBob posted:

Does Jose have to fear for his job soon? Might well end up with a slightly worse season than LVG last year. 1 League Cup and no top 4 probably, vs FA Cup and no top 4, after another £150m spent. I think he should be given another year no matter what, but I can understand those who are starting to doubt him.

is this your actual opinion or is it a copy-paste, because it is a very bad opinion

excluding the cup second leg, we've gone about three months unbeaten and have been steadily outperforming everyone except chelsea, but drop two points to hull and I guess it's time to hire 'Arry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

c0burn posted:

it's been a real rollercoaster. you started the run in sixth, however after a blistering run of form you got up to sixth. the latest bad result has only gotten you down to sixth though, so it's not all bad.

it's proper squeaky bum time

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

but yeah genuinely I wasn't a big Mourinho fan coming in, and I still have concerns, but we're in all the cups and we're five points off second playing good football

I'm not sure if it's dumber than #kloppout, but it's pretty close

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jose posted:

don't you routinely criticize the arsenal team that went unbeaten for drawing loads of matches

"routinely" would be a bit of a stretch, but I've suggested in the past that said arsenal team wasn't as good as the united team that won the treble or the chelsea team that has the points record, which is based on being an expert in facts and knowing stuff

mostly it only comes up when some terrible arsenal fan comes along all hyped up on poppers and tofu and starts waffling on about the pinnacle of the sport being the "legendary unbeatables", a nickname which I feel should generally be reserved for teams that weren't beaten in three separate competitions

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Up to 6th after this weekend, things looking pretty sweet for us if I do say so myself

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Spangly A posted:

marina hyde has a loving weird job

imagine just sitting at a desk every day and typing out the words "football is dead" over and over again

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

As in, all-time cumulative top scorer since football began in 1992, because Everton are a crippled shell of a football club

He has 59 goals and Duncan Ferguson has 60

Probably never challenged Jimmy Bullard to a fight in the tunnel, though

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Reprisal posted:

it can easily be interpreted to mean he'd gladly play for a team with a greater chance to win major hardware and the financial willingness to pay for that level of performance

How dare you suggest that a player would take good money to play for a good team that wins things over less money for a bad team that fails and where nobody tries any more

There's no empirical evidence for this assertion

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

someone told him he'd need to score four against bayern and he didn't realise that it didn't mean cumulatively over time

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

Many regular match goers went to the protests in Liverpool (myself included as a wee lad)

christ i'm old

i bet you don't even know who tony yeboah is

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

good

now I can watch leicester get relegated without mixed feelings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Ramagamma posted:

I wish football would just die as a spectator sport honestly, theres nothing left to see

a fat man got sacked last week for eating a pie

• Locked thread