Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i can't believe how much of my life I have spent watching that man give pathetic butthurt interviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
just lol if you'd chose your wife over literally anything

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's really rare for great players to become great managers though. Off the top of my head I can only think of Cruyff and Beckenbauer, and their managerial careers had more to do with being given the reins of teams that were already world beaters, and none had any kind of longevity.

Just going on Premiership winners you've got:

Fergie: Lower-league striker, flamed out spectacularly in his season at Rangers
Dalglish: drat good player, fluked to a Prem win by inheriting Shearer and Sutton at Blackburn. Okay he didn't do bad at Liverpool in the old League days but again inherited the greatest team in the world and left them as the Liverpool we know and laugh at today.
Wenger: Semi-pro for most of his career
Mourinho: Lower-league bench-warmer and school coach
Ancelotti: Not a bad player, but by no means great - an Italian Mark Noble.
Pellegrini: So crap at football he became a civil engineer.

I've always assumed that truly great players understand the game at such an innate level it's impossible for them to explain it to others. Like Pele couldn't really teach someone to play like Pele any more than I could teach someone to shitpost, it's just something that comes completely naturally, whereas a chainsmoking midfielder with legs like Gandhi would have to think really hard about every single thing he was doing on the pitch just to get a game.

haha how bad is the post

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Paperhouse posted:

he should be back around Easter

freakin nice

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
just chipping in to say that if the fat man chose not to eat the pie then that would have equal bearing on the bet

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Eau de MacGowan posted:

but nobody would have won any money. nobody was betting against him eating a pie.

I took a massive short position on the pie

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

blue footed boobie posted:

The most offensive thing about all of this is Lester's lovely championship level players believing their own hype and demanding that the man who led them to actually achieve something he sacked. After that the board's hands were kind of tied.

leicesters squad is insanely bad and their big money signings freakin suck

i hope they get relegated out of league football

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

we're not going down purely because there are only 3 spots for relegation and leicester, hull and sunderland are so completely insnaely bad.

actually hull is really good since they employed colin farral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Byolante posted:

If he is having trouble dealing with Rodger's wastemen why did rodgers do better with his wastemen?

because they were his wastemen that he chose specifically for his wasteteam. what a dumb question

• Locked thread