Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im doing some whippits with a guy name phil he is goign to show me a dead body later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

badass

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Are my lips still blue?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
No one wants to own up to it but someone left a knife hanging over the sink edge cause they might make another sandwich 7 months ago and the stuff growing on it is demanding the right to vote.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
everything underneath my hammock is mine, from the floor down to china. this is the law dont touch it i swear to god

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
wher ecan i get a stick with a hankerchief tied to it? been on aliexpress for hours and cant find it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Smash it Smash hit posted:

wher ecan i get a stick with a hankerchief tied to it? been on aliexpress for hours and cant find it.

The technical term is a bindle but the modern, on the go, hobo uses rolling luggage.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

SeXReX posted:

The technical term is a bindle but the modern, on the go, hobo uses rolling luggage.

hm its not as romantic to roll around a piss stained thift store luggage but, who am i to judge!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

hm its not as romantic to roll around a piss stained thift store luggage but, who am i to judge!

If you like you can use a handkerchief to tie the handle of the luggage to the seat post of a woman's mountain bike that's multiple sizes too small for you.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im going to wear a bunch of scarves and join aerossmith as tyler's personal mic stand

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SeXReX posted:

You're conflating bums and hobos. Hobos use backpacks nowadays. Bums use those lovely little walker/shopping cart things to bring their cans to reverse recycling machines or whatever the gently caress they're doing.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Hatebag posted:

You're conflating bums and hobos. Hobos use backpacks nowadays. Bums use those lovely little walker/shopping cart things to bring their cans to reverse recycling machines or whatever the gently caress they're doing.

this is the type of heated sophisticated debate I was hoping this thread woudl sponsor!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Hatebag posted:

Those are just regular recycling places

Your city doesn't take your stuff for free because they love the planet it's because they're selling that poo poo for mad profit

Obviously you've never really been to a flop house if you've never had someone explain the finer details of scrap to you.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

SeXReX posted:

Your city doesn't take your stuff for free because they love the planet it's because they're selling that poo poo for mad profit

Obviously you've never really been to a flop house if you've never had someone explain the finer details of scrap to you.

I don't know where you live but garbage and recycling collection isn't free.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SeXReX posted:

Reverse vending machines incentivize bums to be little meat roombas roaming around and cleaning up. It's in addition to curbside pickup.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Also profit margins do not exist for bulk recycling

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
in a flop house no one knows when you poo poo your pants

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Peterson, W. Jack, and Milton A. Maxwell. “The Skid Road ‘Wino.’” Social Problems 5.4 (1958): 308–316

"Next in importance to obtaining
wine is finding a place to sleep, and
winos will help each other in this. In
summer, any sheltered nook where he
can get out of sight of the police will
serve his needs, but in cold weather,
he has a problem. One form of help
is for a wino who has just come in
from an outside job and is staying in
a Skid Road hotel to offer hospitality
to some of his buddies. If they can
manage to get by the night clerk,
three or four men may sleep on the
floor of his room. Or again, a wino
who has some money (who is
"stakey") will give or loan his buddy
the price of a flop. But if a wino has
found no place to sleep by nightfall,
he must start bumming for a "flop"
in earnest

The price of a flop may range from
25 to 75 cents. The flop house is
usually a room as full of beds or cots
as the health inspector will allow. The
beds will be much the worse for we

In some cities, a wino can sit up all
night in a movie house. But if all else
fails and the wino cannot find a warm
place to sleep or stay, he may be
forced "to carry the banner," that is,
walk the streets all night, hoping to
catch some sleep the next day in a
bus or railroad station or any place
where he can keep warm and not be
picked up by the police."

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That makes me want to play a procedurally generated wino survival simulator. Kind of like Don't Starve, but about wine instead of food.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

im doing some whippits with a guy name phil he is goign to show me a dead body later

Im doing whippits as we speak, and as such feel enough kinship with you to warn you against taking phil up on his offer.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Moon Atari posted:

Im doing whippits as we speak, and as such feel enough kinship with you to warn you against taking phil up on his offer.

you might be right but phil is having the bouts of the "two way fountain" and is currently indisposed

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Back in college I had to read a book about a sociologist who decided to study heroin addicts that shot up under an overpass. Any post in this thread could fit in that book and I wouldn't be able to point it out. Point is sociology is a joke.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
study femce posts outside and if theres a dude laying sideways or a skull carved intl the wood just keep walkin

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

A guy i used to smoke weed with in high school was on meth and heroin but was holding down a job for the longest he ever has at the same time really makes you think

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Dean of Swing posted:

Back in college I had to read a book about a sociologist who decided to study heroin addicts that shot up under an overpass. Any post in this thread could fit in that book and I wouldn't be able to point it out. Point is sociology is a joke.

thats because this is a sociologist study too?:confused:?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
check out my econ thread about hand -sani if you want more "hard science"

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

SeXReX posted:

A guy i used to smoke weed with in high school was on meth and heroin but was holding down a job for the longest he ever has at the same time really makes you think

He was probably a method sociologist

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I saw two homeless guys last night leaning against a mail drop off box talking about where they could get cocaine.

Hope you enjoyed my contribution.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I went to get a coffee at the local gas station and there were some homless talking about how they are turning all the walmarts into prisons for the elderly

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

time for an upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFk6VVOCwwY

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

It's true there's a system of tunnels connecting them all.

Just look at a tunnel boring machine(tbm)

The cutting head of a tbm isn't entirely blades but in fact a startburst shape that looks like the Wal-Mart logo.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FedEx Mercury posted:

That makes me want to play a procedurally generated wino survival simulator. Kind of like Don't Starve, but about wine instead of food.

You could always just move to Portland Oregon or San Francisco with no job.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Oscar Wild posted:

You could always just move to Portland Oregon or San Francisco with no job.

That's easy mode. There's no winter and the limp wristed residents don't have the balls to do anything about your presence.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
For a flop house to be legit half the population must be going through withdraws

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
no officer if you check the piss stain on the pile of blankets i sleep on in the corner you will find i was here since last thursday and its size and warmth indicate i have been adding to it ever since and that i was here 10 minutes ago

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
The crackheads spent their Saturday afternoon collecting body chiggers and forcing them to fight to the death in little boxes, but most of them would reproduce and laid eggs instead.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
if youre not scraping crack residue off the walls of your hovel are you really even living?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
ive been in this half way hous ecouch for about a week now, i have enough money to get myself a place but they wont let me :shrug:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Clump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
woah woah woah woah woah dont touch my mountain dew CHAD i was aging it

• Locked thread