Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just purchased Tales of Berseria. I've been intrigued by that series ever since watching an LP of Symphonia, and I've heard a lot of good buzz about this one. It looks really cool, so I'm excited to get into it once it finishes downloading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I doesn't surprise me that Aurthur Gies cannot beat a video game. Dude is a total hack that would never cut it in any job that requires effort.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I doesn't surprise me that Aurthur Gies cannot beat a video game. Dude is a total hack that would never cut it in any job that requires effort.

wasn't he the guy reviewed DOOM and had all those gifs of himself missing point-blank range shots? ?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

wasn't he the guy reviewed DOOM and had all those gifs of himself missing point-blank range shots? ?

i think they tried to blame that video on a production assistant or something

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Real hurthling! posted:

i think they tried to blame that video on a production assistant or something

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Missing point blank shots is probably too bad, but I don't think you have to be spectacularly good at video games to be a good video game reviewer person, and in fact it often might hurt, because there's a point at which you get good enough that your experience is vastly different from the majority of people who are going to play the game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

came here to post that DOOM "review" playthrough and was pleasantly surprised people still remember that. between that and everything that ben kuchera does, Polygon is garbage tier and again I'm left unsurprised they were too bitchmade to finish Nioh in time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sports writers probably can't catch a ball, never mind hit one with a bat

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Not to defend the polygon man people don't like too much but the nioh review codes went out like a week ago and it's 40 hours long and also probably kind of tough for a lot of people and not just games journalists. They aren't the only site who had to put up something saying they haven't finished it yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In case anyone was wondering there wrre approximately 40 people online when I checked the HL1 Deathmatch server list today.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It took me 5 hours and 250 deaths to beat the Nioh Last Chance demo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lMao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

They were talking about the stupid nazi punching back and forth that has been going around recently because Austin Walker posted about it on twitter, instead of video games, so no actually steer very clear of it. Instead go to the Imp Zone thread
even indie darlings are talkin about it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Knuckles' Funeral & Knuckles

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Knuckles' Funeral & Knuckles

Unlike Sonic's funeral, I don't chuckle.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

He's not chuckling in heaven now.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

lets hang out posted:

Not to defend the polygon man people don't like too much but the nioh review codes went out like a week ago and it's 40 hours long and also probably kind of tough for a lot of people and not just games journalists. They aren't the only site who had to put up something saying they haven't finished it yet

If anything it's pretty cool that Polygon has the integrity to say that they're not going to review the game until they've completely finished it rather than push out a review to meet a deadline.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Missing point blank shots is probably too bad, but I don't think you have to be spectacularly good at video games to be a good video game reviewer person, and in fact it often might hurt, because there's a point at which you get good enough that your experience is vastly different from the majority of people who are going to play the game.

i agree with this from a review as consumer guide point of view, but the video was pretty damning. it looked like it was their first fps without keyboard and mouse

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Watch Danny O'Dwyer try and play ocarina of time at some point, it'll blow you away.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
King Boom Boo laughin it up rn

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

well blow me down

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jonathan...blows???

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jon blow is the kinda guy who should just make his one game every 3-4 years and not share his weirdo shut in puzzle designer's perspective on human stuff

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is sonic still alive

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did anyone actually expect Johnathan Blow, noted crazy weirdo whose only skill is making video games, to have rational thoughts on current events

Now someone post the jontron sjw video and let's really get the ball rolling(don't actually do that)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Quoooooote is not ediiiiiit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

jon blow is the kinda guy who should just make his one game every 3-4 years and not share his weirdo shut in puzzle designer's perspective on human stuff

Great. Yeah I was defending The Witness from people saying it had a condescending regressive agenda by pointing to his lack of public political discourse, so of course he has to mansplain like a douchebag

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jontron doesn't make videos unless they are sponsored ads or guest appearances on his mra friend's podcasts. :sad:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's cool that Jon Blow is a robot, struggling to understand human emotions.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Now someone post the jontron sjw video and let's really get the ball rolling(don't actually do that)
lol did he actually post it, what a fuckin loser

his entire career is just playing video games while goin LOOKITDATGUY!!! OOO LOOKITDATGUY ECH

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Anyone played Fire Emblem Heroes yet? I just got a notification on my phone that it's out now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wonder how much they got paid to write an article letting people know that Nioh is totally the most loving hardcore game in a decade holy poo poo dudes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The jontron dating sim

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

The jontron dating sim

no win conditions in that game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

no win conditions in that game

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I would like to remind you that enter the gungeon is an excellent game and the free dlc is fantastic. The bullet's past is :3:.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

raditts posted:

Anyone played Fire Emblem Heroes yet? I just got a notification on my phone that it's out now.
I haven't even touched Mario Run yet. tbh i'd rather play a paid fire emblem than a gacha game. I still have to get the second GBA one and shadow dragon on VC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

JonTron was only ever funny on Game Grumps and I'm glad the other guy knocked him off it

• Locked thread