Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So did RE7 turn out good? It looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nioh looks cool but my backlog is getting out of control at the moment and I'm gonna take February to make a dent before Nier and Persona get in the way of me playing anything else (other than occasionally Overwatch) for awhile.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm still sort of in shock that it's actually a game that's going to exist. A Taro Yoko with the mechanics taken care of by Platinum is like some sort of thing I would wish would happen but would never actually happen. Hopefully this will be just as good as I'm hoping (unlike the last time that happened when arcsys made a fighting game out of Persona, which wasn't bad but couldn't possibly live up to how good that concept was)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I hope my friend 2B has a fun adventure with a happy ending.

Reminder: Taro Yoko considered Nier's plot to be not all that depressing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Uhhh Persona 4 Arena is awesome.

It's good but it's still pretty distant from Guilty Gear and Blazblue in most respects.

I'm not saying it was bad, it's just gameplaywise it didn't really live up to other arcsys games and storywise it didn't really live up to Persona.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
People want HL3 because the first two were v. good games.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
At this point when I see something bitching about SJWs my brain just sort of shuts down and it unable to take any other part of that thing seriously.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There is no good reason for Valve to actually make HL3. They already make more money than god and the risk is too high of people holding it against them even if it's merely good

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
MMOs are weird like that in that if you get into them you'll play them more than pretty much every other game you've ever had combined, but at the same time they're the only type of games that once they're gone, they're gone. Like sometimes people can set up their own servers but it's still really not the same thing any more.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
to be fair, like everyone in every souls game has a real sad story. Doesn't mean you shouldn't dance on their god damned graves when you finally put them down.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Before you feel bad for him, know he was a dick and probably deserved it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Killer is Dead becausr I don't want to start anything make until Nier comes out and how is this game this bad? This might literally be one of the worst hack n slash games I've ever played. It's just wall to wall bad design choices. Like, I just quit out of the game after losing a few times in a turret side mission where is one guy gets through, you have to stay the whole, slow rear end thing over. I don't like leaving games unfinished but I don't think I can take this one too much longer.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

It's a little surreal to me that a really excellent console Zelda game is coming out for the first time since Wind Waker. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were serviceable but BotW seems like it's reinvigorating the tradition of Zelda games being bombshells. I'm so excited!

Eh, botw looks cool and I have ita ordered but the hype it has now isn't all that different than the hype TP and SS had when they were related so time will tell how much of a bombshell this will end up being

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like, I don't doubt it will be good and maybe this will finally be the game that really is the best ever for the series that tips the rose tinted memories of OoT or the actual greatness of LttP, but with the reviewers scared of the Nintendo fanboys and the Nintendo fanboys themselves declaring it best ever on the basis of it being a Nintendo game, it will be impossible to know how good it is without playing it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

The hype for Breath of the Wild excites me more because it's so focused on how different it is from previous Zelda games. Unless I'm really misremembering, neither Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword had anyone saying they blew up the Zelda formula or even really deviated from it in any meaningful way.

I'm interested in the one preview I read that said Breath of the Wild makes Horizon look "simplistic" here:

SS prerelease hype was all about how it completely changed everything

Also those quotes about BotW don't actually sound terribly fun...Like the difference in arrows sounds like the difference between Last of Us and Tomb Raider and while last of us is a fantastic game, on the basis of bows, TR wins hands down. Catching a boomerang every time sounds more annoying than anything and having to go though a process to kill normal enemies was one of the things that sucked about SS

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If you want a new Zelda 2, play Chronicles of Teddy. It is pretty blatantly that, complete with sort of crappy sword range and annoying shield enemies (though no horrible mountain maze equivalent)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If you're being honest you know none of the Turok games are actually all that good and you just liked them because you were young, wanted to play a violent dinosaur game and didn't know any better.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think I'd be able to get hype if the last Master Blaster game wasn't the NES one, which would be fine if it was the only other one but there've been like half a dozen with the only good one being the NES one. It does look potentially cool though

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I'm not sure if you were posting this to prove or disprove my point.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

So how are all those releases that people were waiting on?

Not out yet :( (at least in America)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So the talking your way out of every encounter thing is also true of new one or are you taking about the old one?

• Locked thread