Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Apparently Berseria is pretty drat long so that and Yakuza 0 should hopefully last me until Nier Automata and Breath of the Wild.

I'm weirdly liking how slow paced Beseria is, I was going to preorder Nioh but Beseria might keep me occupied right past its release date.

I'll probably redbox Horizon Zero Dawn over a weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Phantasium posted:

Please do your best to play both. :hai:

I'll end up buying it after I return Beseria to Gamefly and while I wait for them to deliver Yakuza 0. The savings are real but the shipping is speed is unreal

I do feel slightly guilty since these weeaboo publishers need our trumpbux so we keep getting games translated and localized

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Really Pants posted:

anyone else remember when games were completed before release :corsair:

You're nostalgic for something that never existed

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
30 hours in and Berseria is starting to wear on me, mostly because the pacing stumbled a bit and the game decided to dump 2.5 hours of voiced exposition with little combat or comedy in between. I've started to skip talking to npcs that aren't voiced too. I've also heard that the final dungeon is really bad so my interest is waning

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Please play demos or at least watch an average-level schmuck stream before you drop 60 united states dollars on video games

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Most people are finding retail release way easier than the demos, myself included

edit: for example the Usuki level had 90% of the ambushes removed

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 8, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It was directed towards me because I said the majority of opinions I've read is that people are finding retail release easier than the demos

The actual Nioh thread is better now but there was a lot of "git gud" posts during the demos

edit: or not

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Soul matching is prohibitively expensive for some reason, I'm talking like 600,000 gold to level up a spear or whatever

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The problem is that gold income for the player doesn't keep up with how expensive soul matching becomes

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It's slightly cheaper if the weapon and material are closer to each other in level but the game remembers the original level of the weapon so if you want to keep your beginner raikiri expect it to cost 600k+ when you reach level 50.

The game doesn't want you to stick to one super weapon

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
For Honor came out

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm going to rent Horizon from Red Box, I should have beaten Yakuza 0 by that time

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I want to play Nier Automata but I'm afraid even the easiest difficulty will be too hard for me or that some of the content will be locked behind the higher difficulties.

I almost died in the demo on normal difficulty :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I know platinum games are infamously hard and I couldn't beat Sam in Reveangeance on normal and I've been scarred for life

"Show me a good time Jack..." :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CrashCat posted:

There are a lot of assists available (you can pick and choose) for easy mode, I doubt you'll be unable to complete it. But there will likely be a separate ending or some poo poo for the die hards, I dunno, just youtube that crap when you've finished :shrug:

I'll probably play on easy just so I don't have to hold down R2 all the time to fire the machine gun drone since the autochip in the demo said easy difficulty only

• Locked thread