Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The DS4 is probably one of my favorite controllers. In actual play you probably won't even notice that there is a touchpad on it. For convenience's sake I have an old DS3 plugged into my PC right now which also works great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

are those JRPGs? I have finite time as an adult.

You should have phrased this "Adulting leaves me with finite time"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/likeCHOB/status/826459833155022849

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They could have just called it Shadows of Mordor 2. I mean, it's still set in loving Mordor, somehow the blandest setting you could have for an open world game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

BillBear posted:

Real talk, Shadow of Mordor loving owns and it's nemesis system really needs to be used in other games.

Mafia III could have benefited from the Nemesis system

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Didn't the PS360 versions of the game not have the Nemesis system? Like, why even bother? I guess it was still early enough in the console transition to justify it, but still

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is that Spend 100, get 15 back deal still up? I know I am going to play Horizon, Nier, and Persona, might as well lock that in

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

FC3 in particular has maybe the least likeable protagonist in a video game ever, which maybe was kind of the point(?) but either way it really dragged the experience down for me.

People compare Horizon to Far Cry a lot but to me it looks more like straight up Tomb Raider.

Yeah Patrick Klepek of Waypoint said it was straight up "Tomb Raider but with a better story and robots"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I liked the Teens React to old Nintendo Games. That made me feel super old

Edit: Holy poo poo, Nier: Automata is an open world game? I thought it was like Revengeance

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I before E, except after N, right

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Persona 4's final dungeon seemed all right

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

People say that the online heists are really cool.

When I did one, I picked the role of the pilot, which consisted of me driving to the airport, getting in a plane, flying in circles for ten minutes while listening to my partners seemingly having a blast doing something in a prison, except they died a bunch of times so I would have to keep driving to the airport, getting in a plane, and flying in circles for ten minutes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Didn't someone post a chart that showed a direct correlation between buying new consoles and copies of GTA V

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Forza Horizon 3 was great for that too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Not in JRPGS, but I generally really like endgame boss rushes. Nioh had one and it was fun to clown on bosses that hours ago I had died so many times to

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Like I'm pretty sure the 20 people who have played Alpha Protocol all post here and they never bought Skyrim so it must have been a huge commercial failure.

It's like looking into a mirror.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Not a Children posted:

36.6 hours until this thread is a filthy liar

In 36 hours I hope to be 6 hours into Horizon: Zero Dawn

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Remember when Bulletstorm was first released and they made fun of the self-serious COD story? Didn't they even make a parody game about it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When I used to make the Cinema Discusso General Thread my home base instead of this one, I remember reading a post where someone woke up in like a meth house where the doors all keylocked from the inside and he was struggling to find a way out

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

are you thinking of the goon whose girlfriend locked him in their house

I think there might have been a girlfriend involved, like she broke up with him by locking him in that house? The guy was visiting New Orleans or something like that.

Or maybe I am confusing it with the plot to RE7 now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

Quick, somebody tell me a quick way to make enough money to buy this

Become a Twitch streamer and stream the game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

I honestly don't know what's going on with any of the animations in this

Ryder's reaction to the ship shaking at the beginning reminded me of when they had to fake it with the camera on 60s Star Trek, and if this were a cleverer game I would give it credit for that. Otherwise it reminds me of Foodfight!

It's like if they did mocap and then ran the numbers through a noise filter

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I also like that she looks directly into the camera.

Edit: Also after seeing that punch animation, I am starting to hope that there is indeed some weird fourth-wall-breaking twist or something and we have just been seeing clues for it all along

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah I'm not sure how you could like the 2013 one but dislike the new one

plus lara is cooler in RotTR

The thing I enjoyed most about Tomb Raider 2013 is how it starts off with all the bad guys taunting her and by the end they are completely terrified of getting a climbing axe lodged in their skulls, I hear that doesn't really happen in Rise

• Locked thread