Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The E3 discounts weren't huge last year for Canadians. I have Amazon Prime Student and only pay 50$, and now get their streaming, and 20% off all pre-orders, and free shipping; so it's a stupid good deal until Amazon finds a way to gently caress it all up. Which they did when Gravity Rush 2 came out and were like "lol, we didn't get any copies"

I bought it at work and still got a discount but not as much as Amazon would have given me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When I was in Canada, in restaurants they could swipe your card at the table and servers also were able to make change for cash payments right then and there. It was like living in an alternate, better universe

This isn't a thing in the states?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

CJacobs posted:

Here comes the most american opinion: I can definitely see why chip & pin is useful, it has helped prevent the 0 digital thefts attempted on my debit card and the extra 20 seconds every transaction now takes gives me ample time to stare directly into the cashier's eyes until I can sense their fear and they give me a last-minute discount!

I have chip and have it tied to Apple Pay so in most places I tell them debit/credit, hover my watch for a second and take off. Technology is amazing.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I preordered Zelda (I know :rolleyes:) for Wii U on Amazon a month ago and the tracking page used to say it would ship March... 2nd I think? For release date delivery. Now my tracking page says delivery date pending, and also the game is currently unavailable to buy. I'm worried it won't get here in any reasonable amount of time :(

My pre-order for Zelda for Switch from Amazon Canada won't arrive until the 8th-10th.

I would cancel but it's 20% off and I can play other games in the meantime.

• Locked thread